Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:15:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690935
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 705
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: school zombie project  (Read 1108 times)

Offline chrisw

• Librarian
    • project Z
school zombie project
« on: June 20, 2015, 01:28:38 AM »
As a secondary school teacher I am asked at the end of each school year to put on 'fun' activities for yr 9 and 10's (13 and 14 yr olds) in the last few days of the term.  After years of cobbling something together at the last minute, last year I concocted an implausible murder investigation based around the shooting of the head of english and pupils had to work out from the suspects who had killed him and why.  I even managed to get the local police to come in and fingerprint the suspects for me so I could have an element of realism to my madness.  It was well received and now I am in position of having to come up with something as good, if not better.
I have had in mind an idea for a 'zombie apocalypse' style event based in the school but have been struggling as to how it would run.  now I have a plan......
What I aim to do is make a model of the school grounds and buildings using foamcore  and having the activity in two parts.  students will be in groups of 4 or 5 and have different responsibilities
 Part 1 - this will be a game based on an 'all things zombie lite' ruleset, if I can't think of anything better.  some students will be responsible for moving about the school in search of information that will be in locations linked to the suspects.  once they have secured and searched an area anything found will be passed on to the rest of the team
part 2 - the analysis of the information.  this is where the true perpetrator will be discovered.  I am hoping for a convoluted plot with twist and turns and many dead ends.  in the end, students will be asked to make a best assessment of the guilty party and present their evidence.
So far I have 6 ideas for suspects- all teachers or staff in the school.
1) a frustrated masterchef contestant, getting revenge on the world for not getting to the finals
2)an enviromental activist getting revenge on humankind for misuse of the world
3) canteen lady getting revenge for continual rudeness of pupils at lunchtime
4)biology teacher who made the virus just to see if the could
5)russian sleeper agent
6) teacher in charge of school council - bought cheap 'meat' pies for fundraiser to maximize profit.
any help on other suspects ideas would be good.

The reason I am posting this is to ask for ideas for clues for the teams to find, such as letters of complaint from canteen lady about student behaviour found in the principal's office, quotes for packs of beefburgers in teachers office where the cost of burgers from 'CMOT dibbler's 100% meat products' is only a quarter of the nearest competitor leading to questions about the source of the meat.  Any ideas would be most welcome.
My first real task in this is to try making one of the school building - I am taking photos of the admin block on monday and will start its construction as soon as I can.  I also need a whole school site plan - luckily there are aerial photos of the school on the library wall - I will also try and get this on monday! 
I love the smell of a mad project in the morning......