Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:36:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690905
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Uncle Mike Worldwide Miniatures - They're Big! Size Comparisons...  (Read 7127 times)

Offline Servitor of RAFM

• Librarian
    • RAFM Miniatures and Games
Re: Uncle Mike Worldwide Miniatures - They're Big! Size Comparisons...
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2012, 03:49:31 PM »
Sorry you were unhappy with the size of the miniatures superflytnt. One thing to think about when purchasing is when the miniatures were made. That line was developed in the 90's when all the manufactures were making smaller ranges.

sgtobidiah is correct, the USX range is much larger at around 32 to 33mm average and would fit better I think. Murch has even did a few of the figures in the line and comparing those to his older stuff from the Cthulhu line you will see there is a vast difference in body proportions by just adding a few mm to the hieght of any figure. Its really not fair to call them 28' anymore as most stuff is hitting the 35mm mark these days.

Silver Fox Productions Inc.
RAFM Miniatures

RAFM's Forums

Offline superflytnt

• Mad Scientist
  • Cthulhu. Cthulhu never changes.
    • Superfly Circus - Board Games And Social Commentary
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2012, 06:52:24 PM »
I wasn't, actually. I mean, It's more that I was surprised how diminutive other minis looked next to Uncle Mike's more than anything. CopCastings are closest as far as I can figure, but thanks to the good folks here I found that creative basing can hide quite a bit.

I did, however, email RAFM about their "rewards program" as shown on the back of the packs (the points) of the CoC range and never heard a peep. That's dead, I'm guessing, but a simple "sod off, wanker, no free lunch here" would've been nice LOL
www.superflycircus.blogspot.com
Board Game Reviews And Social Commentary At Its Finest

Offline Servitor of RAFM

• Librarian
    • RAFM Miniatures and Games
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2012, 06:03:42 PM »
I did, however, email RAFM about their "rewards program" as shown on the back of the packs (the points) of the CoC range and never heard a peep. That's dead, I'm guessing, but a simple "sod off, wanker, no free lunch here" would've been nice LOL

Would never tell a customer to "sod off, wanker, no free lunch here" even if he asked. We ran the program for years and only had one person ever redeem the coupons. After a store upgrade erased the pages related to it it has not being reinstated.

Offline superflytnt

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2012, 07:30:22 PM »
If you told me that, I'd laugh my jacobs off, for all it's worth.

And no harm done, I just bought another $50 in beautifully crafted RAFM miniatures to sit alongside my UMW cultists. :)

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2012, 11:57:47 PM »
The RAFM models I've purchased fit in perfectly well alongside the Uncle Mike's stuff as well as the Pulp Figures or eve Horrorclix figures that I've done. There are even some Chronoscope models in the mix, so I personally don't think that there is any cause for concern around the scale of the UMW miniatures.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline superflytnt

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2012, 02:23:59 PM »
First page. The Male PI figure looks like a hobbit next to the "Agents Guy With Shotgun And Stogie".

As I said, I've been able to rebase most of the figures in order to almost come to equilibrium, enough that it isn't really as noticable, but UMW miniatures are indeed larger (taller and bulkier), or as one respondent noted, "Heroic".