Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:38:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Rise of the Occulites  (Read 8311 times)

Offline Doomsdave

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Rise of the Occulites
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2013, 04:32:31 AM »
The game looks neat, but I'd rather be able to just purchase miniatures.  If you had an option for that I'd be in.  I have too many games that I'll never play.  Minis, on the other hand, I'm not cured of yet.
This is my boomstick!

Offline Boromir_and_kermit

• Bookworm
  • Chief Occulite
    • Darwin Games
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2013, 09:14:47 AM »
Thanks Doomsdave. The rules are fully downloadable if you wanted to check them out.

I have had a few people interested in a miniatures only option, so I have asked Eagle Games if we can do this. But I don't know how this works with the way the expansions are set up.
When I sold the figures as metal Tribes, they were around AUS$40 - AUS$45. Expansion packs through the KS with a whole plastic Tribe and all their accompanying stuff is looking like it will be US$20 which is half the price of the metals. So that is an option to look at as well.

I hope that helps!  :)

Cheers,
Ben.

• Bookworm
  • Chief Occulite
    • Darwin Games
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2013, 10:49:59 AM »
Ok guys, Eagle Games have worked hard to reduce the shipping rates and have posted an update with the changes:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2002188924/dawn-rise-of-the-occulites/posts/516478

UK Shipping has dropped from $55 to $35, so some significant differences. :)

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2013, 07:54:09 PM »
The game looks pretty neat, and I like the concept.  Still undecided about whether I can afford it (both cash and time-wise) but will keep an eye on this project.

I assume the miniatures in the game come unpainted?  What material are they made from?

With the painted sets of miniatures, are they painted by a commissioned painter, or is it some sort of machine that paints them?
Paint log - leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=36840.0

Blog - My life in Millimetres

• Bookworm
  • Chief Occulite
    • Darwin Games
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2013, 04:18:25 AM »
Thanks Timbor. :)

The miniatures in the game do come unpainted. They will be plastic figures and their colour will match the tribe. So Palaudis will be in Green plastic, Hydris in Blue, Floris in Yellow, Ignis Red and Nimbus will be purple (matches their alternate paint scheme, but yellow and green were taken and orange is set aside for Silicus if we hit that stretch goal).

As far as the painted sets, I'm not 100% sure of the method and will try and get some more info on that and post back here for you.
All the best and thanks for the interest. :D

Cheers,
Ben.

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2013, 06:02:08 PM »
Thanks for the info!

Regarding the plastic, what kind of plastic are the occulites made from?  Is it like the reaper bones plastic, resin, restic, hard grey plastic (like GW plastic)?

• Bookworm
  • Chief Occulite
    • Darwin Games
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2013, 08:16:56 AM »
No problems Timbor.  :D

As to the kind of plastic, I am not sure, but am trying to find out (I want to know too!) so will let you know as soon as I do.

Cheers,
Ben.

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2013, 09:40:06 AM »
I thought I was getting this, but postage is too much... I'll wait to see if it's stoked somewhere later.

In fact - are the metal ones still available?
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

• Bookworm
  • Chief Occulite
    • Darwin Games
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2013, 02:45:34 PM »
G'day Dr. The Viking,

Thanks for the interest. Apologies for shipping, but we are limited by the postal service.

Unfortunately if it does not fund, it will not be appearing in any shops.

The metal ones are currently unavailable due to the Kickstarter. When they were people complained about the shipping (which was around $30 for two Tribes and some Luftles due to the weight). The pricing for the Tribes (Palaudis and Hydris) was $40 each, $35 for the Luftles.

So if you were to buy (all metal) the two Tribes and the Luftles and had them shipped out to the UK for example, it would have cost you $145. You would then be short all the other pieces (the cardboard, six fold board, all the terrain overlays, 108 card Natural Selection Deck, player boards, over 80 tokens as well as a bunch of other stuff etc...

Expansion Tribes were (in metal) $42 - $45 plus shipping and came with nothing but the figures.
Expansion Tribes through the boardgame are $20 in the KS and $25 afterwards (if it funds). They include five unique figures as well as a mini rulebook with new scenarios, rules for the tribe, new terrain overlays, playerboards, tokens etc...

I think the game is excellent value for money. The shipping is unfortunate, but is a result of sending a heavy package full of stuff overseas and is sadly unavoidable.
Anyways, not trying to have a go at anyone, just trying to explain the situation. Buying the figures separately has never been and likely never will be cheaper than investing in the boxed board game.

Again, thanks for the interest and apologies that we can't do more to lower the pricing. But we cannot take a loss, we have to cover our costs.
I just hope people understand.
Cheers,
Ben.

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2013, 02:52:34 PM »
I completely understand your points.

And in hindsight I would probably have put my words differently.  :)

• Bookworm
  • Chief Occulite
    • Darwin Games
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2013, 03:03:23 PM »
It is no problem, I was just trying to explain, there are no hard feelings. What you said was totally fine. :)
My sincere apologies if I came across otherwise.
Cheers,
Ben.

Offline emergencyoverride

• Assistant
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2013, 05:53:03 PM »
Hey guys! More news on the Rise of the Occulites kickstarter. It is 81% funded! Give it look!

Also, Ben just posted an overview of the Sungem campaign season in the game on his blog:

http://riseoftheocculites.wordpress.com ... m-of-dawn/

• Assistant
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2013, 04:22:51 AM »
If you're wondering how the Rise of the Occulites game plays out, here is a video just uploaded of Ben playing the first scenario using just the core rules. A future video will show the advanced stuff. Cheers!

• Assistant
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2013, 01:06:26 AM »
Advanced gameplay video!

• Assistant
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2013, 04:31:37 PM »
New Sunmaster pledge level! Check it out. All the expansions are  included and all come both painted and unpainted, plus extra luftles. There is a cool graphic here:

http://riseoftheocculites.wordpress.com/2013/07/04/what-do-you-get-in-a-sunmaster-pledge-answer-lots/