Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:13:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690978
  • Total Topics: 118361
  • Online Today: 706
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Re: Silversixx's Post-Archipelagoptic build - With painted stuff (updated 5/1)  (Read 14662 times)

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
Re: Silversixx's Post-Archipelagoptic thread. Now with Zombuoys (updated 5/12)
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2012, 11:18:00 PM »
I am really liking this thread lol Seriously as well ;)
   I want to see all the suggestions!

Cheers!
Fortunately for this projects well being, my daughter decided to play with the boat (that what you get for being sloppy) and broke it due to her fathers rather lazy glueing last night.
But! That was the good news, because now I was really forced to cut off all the extra ideas (even though I dream every night about a giant angler fish snatching the poor brothers Glenn-Bert, Glenn-Åke and Glenn-Sture from their herring skipper). I wasn't that happy with the stern, and while my stupid attempts of getting it nicely done just rendered it ugly as hell, and now I've done a new one that's amazingly better.
I do realise the difficulties of posting "amazing" when the result will be mediocre. But in comparison on how it did look (no photos though, thank you greater powers!), it's like a midget all the suddenly gains 3 inches naturally over a night. He's still a midget, but 10 percent taller, and that's amazing in his small world (I'll get my coat, and passport for this rather uncalled joke on a minority).

Offline Sp0n

• Assistant
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2012, 11:31:28 PM »
Does Gothenburgian sound anything like Scanian?

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2012, 11:33:37 PM »
The ravings of a madman..... ::)

You, sir, are bonkers.
 :D

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2012, 12:23:44 AM »
I assume you mean the southern dialect?
Well not really. They do the strong, throath rollig "R" as Germans, Danes and certain Norwegians.
Just imagine someone illiterate with a speak deficit for vowels going sour, and you'd be spot on.

@Mason:
Ravings?!
You should've seen me when I realised that we lost the gold in the second last game, due to a referee doing a game where the visiting team came from the same area as he has been raised and still lives in. A team that had a chance to finish in the top 3 (and thus gaining a europa league spot) if they won. Oh dear, I almost went hooligan...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 12:29:07 AM by Silversixx »

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2012, 09:12:31 AM »

No. Think of it more like the language of court fools, joculators, clowns, buffoons, music hall entertainers, rubes and chief butts of slapstick entertainment. :)

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2012, 12:24:26 PM »
Oh dear, so many lessons to be learned after this prototype :D
Firstly, put everything in place so you can reach it afterwards with the putty, since you are a lazy git when it comes to measuring.
Secondly, build hull, then add-ons. Not add-ons directly on to the hull.
That being said, I believe that the next model will turn up both alright, and will take a lot less time to build :) Although, I've teached my daughters the nice curse words such as c*nt, c*ck, f*ck and sh*t... A vocabulary all 4 year olds need...

With the holidays coming, and my departure to the plains up north where it's alright to practise sex with animals, I'd thought I'll post some photos as a proof of me being in the race ;) I don't think that I'll finish until the deadline though, but that doesn't really matter at this point :)

First, a tribute song to the Archipelago by a famous producer. This video is strange as hell, and I haven't really had the time to analyse why he choses to cross-dress in this video. I think it's a tribute to some German song that I've forgotten at the moment:

- Get them of the herring Glenn-Harald!

Close-up of the interiors

A picture to show the interior deck height. I've added some extra panels after this pic was taken

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2012, 12:37:11 PM »
Thrilling!
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2012, 01:08:13 PM »
Thrilling!
Thank you!
I did bring my paints and the two fishermen to paint at my in-laws over the holiday. Actually finished one of the today :) So you'll get even more proof that I finish stuff lol

I have a question though; How the hell shall I achive the wood finish on the boat when I start painting? Any suggestions?

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Silversixx's Post-Archipelagoptic thread. Now with Zombuoys (updated 22/12)
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2012, 03:09:39 AM »
That boat mate is fantastic.
As for the painting,try a beige sort of brown with a bit of a streaky wash,making sure the streaks follow the grain of the imaginary wood :)
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2012, 07:22:00 AM »
I have a question though; How the hell shall I achive the wood finish on the boat when I start painting? Any suggestions?

I would go for a fairly thick undercoat on the 'wood' first, and create a bit of grain by brushing along the length of each plank when it is almost dry.
It should create a grain-like effect and give something for the wash to cling to.

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2012, 10:44:21 AM »
Thanks, guys! :)
It's the warm colour I'm after. But after some inspiring painting yesterday, I do belive that I've found the formula long sought!
Or, I'll fail paint :D

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2012, 06:53:10 PM »
I'm really looking forward to seeing this. This competition is a bloody marvelous idea!

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2012, 08:35:00 PM »
I'm really looking forward to seeing this. This competition is a bloody marvelous idea!
Cheers, Elk!
And I do agree, it's inspiring to see all the other stuff people are building :D

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
So, the last update until the competion starts :)

I tried two different techniques on these two, and to be honest, I was a bit taken away with both results. The one on the left (Glenn-Henning) is a lot of subtle highlights, and usually how I like to paint my minis. That means that they do look good if you put it next to your eye. However, it tends to look rather bland from more than a decimetre away :/
The one to the right however (Glenn-Harald) is now officially how I'll paint my minis in the future. It came of great with the camera and I didn't fiddle at all with the settings (which, I never get right). Taken indoors in the midwinter dark and only one lights source, it do look darn alright :)

Any comments and critics are appreciated!

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
I applaud this!

Though I must say that it is always annoying to me when forum members post highly qualified works and fail to meet the common sense requirement of revealing what make their work is build on. So who made the fckng miniatures?! (it may be here somewhere but who are you to point fingers!)