Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:59:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The founding of Hickory Flat. The Law and Indians... Threadomancy...  (Read 49135 times)

Offline Gutbukkit

• Mad Scientist
    • Hrafnslith - Dark Age Reenactment
Re: The founding of Hickory Flat. Sarissa Corner Hotel finished (24/7).
« Reply #240 on: July 24, 2013, 07:15:55 PM »
Thanks for the link. Nice and aged patina on the wallpapers there.

Offline Za Zjurman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #241 on: July 24, 2013, 07:37:21 PM »
Thanks for the link. Nice and aged patina on the wallpapers there.

You're welcome. I found this wallpaper very useful. It was a quick and very easy way to do the interior

Offline Gutbukkit

• Mad Scientist
    • Hrafnslith - Dark Age Reenactment
« Reply #242 on: July 24, 2013, 07:47:54 PM »
You're welcome. I found this wallpaper very useful. It was a quick and very easy way to do the interior

Quick and easy is what I like cos I don't want to see another coffee stirrer again (well for a little while anyway)! My original interior plan was wooden planking but I'm going stir crazy sticking those darned things in. Pun absolutely intended.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #243 on: July 24, 2013, 08:20:09 PM »
Ugh, that's an awesome hotel!  I'm waiting on 4Ground to release a big centerpiece model (with a centerpiece cost I'm sure of it!).  I haven't had any big hotel style models and it's high time I do!  lol
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #244 on: July 24, 2013, 08:24:02 PM »
Quick and easy is what I like cos I don't want to see another coffee stirrer again (well for a little while anyway)! My original interior plan was wooden planking but I'm going stir crazy sticking those darned things in. Pun absolutely intended.

And I can honestly say, it looks just as good in person!

Cant wait till manana!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #245 on: July 25, 2013, 03:43:11 PM »
Well..... it seems that the Bad Boys of Sage rode into Hickory Flats and took over....

The boys not only put down the gang that formerly controlled the town, but those Pinkerton detectives that arrived by train at the same time we arrived....left on the next train in pine boxes....

GREAT game guys!

Offline Za Zjurman

• Mad Scientist
Re: The founding of Hickory Flat. AAR with Pictures (25/7).
« Reply #246 on: July 25, 2013, 06:54:33 PM »
Well..... it seems that the Bad Boys of Sage rode into Hickory Flats and took over....

The boys not only put down the gang that formerly controlled the town, but those Pinkerton detectives that arrived by train at the same time we arrived....left on the next train in pine boxes....

GREAT game guys!

Aaargh I'll be back. The town will be mine again.

Last week I kicked the Pinkerton out of Hickory Flat, resulting in a lawless town. Problem was that more gangs entered the town and "One Eyed Jack" got away and rounded up some fresh Pinkerton. I was fighting a battle on two sides.

Here the train with the fresh Pinkerton arrived:

One Pinkerton took the high-ground (and was useless for the rest of the game  ;))

Earl Ray's gang headed for the station to kill some Pinkerton.

TBC's gang captured the General Store and wanted to shoot off Earls gang one by one. Unfortunately for them Earl sent his trusty Mexican friend "El Gaffe" around the back with a stick of dynamite  :D resulting in one death and two wounded and pinned.

That was the end of the good luck for Earls gang. The Pinkerton killed two (including "Billy Bob")

In the end Earl was the only one left alive of the gang. "One Eyed Jack" tried to kill him in hand to hand combat. Although Earl was mortally wounded he won the combat. TBC also sent a hoodlum in close combat with Earl but Earl won again. Finally he was shot... and the town is still lawless because the last Pinkerton were also killed by TBC's gang.

It was a fun game with some nice twists and turns. (loved the dynamite and close combat gents  lol)

Regards,

Za
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 07:17:37 PM by Za Zjurman »

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #247 on: July 25, 2013, 09:07:56 PM »
Wait...you actually won a game!?  lol

Offline Za Zjurman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #248 on: July 25, 2013, 09:15:15 PM »
Nope... Too Boo Coo and his gang won the day. I got butchered ;D. And the game last week I actually lost because I had to kill "One Eyed Jack". I managed to kill every Pinkerton except Jack. So my track record is rather lousy  lol lol lol

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #249 on: July 25, 2013, 09:39:14 PM »
Yeah I was referring to last week's game...good...I was afraid you'd started winning games.  We don't need that ego round here, ya hear me?  lol

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #250 on: July 25, 2013, 10:48:50 PM »
Once the dynamite started flying, my gang got their game on! >:)

Offline Za Zjurman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #251 on: July 26, 2013, 12:05:03 AM »
Yeah I was referring to last week's game...good...I was afraid you'd started winning games.  We don't need that ego round here, ya hear me?  lol

OY  :(... No just kidding you really don't want me to start winning because I will brag about it for weeks  lol lol lol.

Once the dynamite started flying, my gang got their game on! >:)

The dynamite was just so much fun. I can't wait to use a Gatling gun the next time  :D.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #252 on: July 26, 2013, 12:51:28 PM »
Great stuff, Za!

That sounds like a whole lot of fun.
Wonderful eye-candy all round too.
 :-*

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #253 on: July 26, 2013, 03:31:07 PM »
Mason, it's even more beautiful in person!  Za and Groove are great competitiors, I thought I was going to kiss my butt goodbye as the tnt came through the window!

I'm trying to get my Zombie table done so I can convince them to play 7ombieTV next time!

Offline Za Zjurman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #254 on: July 26, 2013, 11:30:02 PM »
Great stuff, Za!

That sounds like a whole lot of fun.
Wonderful eye-candy all round too.
 :-*

We had tons of fun and it is so much more cool to play on a fully set-up (painted) table. We actually talked about it last Thursday that in the old days we had empty bottles and coke cans as scenery. I like the fact that scenery is much more rated now. And I love the fact that there are more and more manufacturers around that offer nice scenery for a nice amount of money ( being a father of a 2 year old toddler I don't always have the time to scratch build.) The Sarissa buildings offered a nice base and I spruced it up a bit.

Mason, it's even more beautiful in person!  Za and Groove are great competitiors.

Thank you very much for the nice compliment. About being a great competitor: It is about having a good time and a lot of laughter not about winning. If it was about winning I would be a very cranky person  lol.

Regards,
Za