Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:01:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691074
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 789
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Fallout Raiders  (Read 3960 times)

Offline dragonblood

• Student
  • Gidday Mate
Fallout Raiders
« on: December 12, 2012, 10:12:38 AM »
Hi everyone please be gentle with me this is my first post ever lol call me a post virgin hehe.
Ok now We have that  out of the way I've recently purchased GW's Dark Vengeance for the 20 Chaos Cultists.
I'm thinking of using them as raiders for Fallout pen n paper I liked them because they were armed with auto guns that look
like AK-47s .I also have some Cadian troops as well as marines which I'M going to convert into Brotherhood Of Steel .
I would like to hear what others think thanx.
WooHoo is it the weekend yet.

Offline emperorpenguin

• Scientist
Re: Fallout Raiders
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 10:45:13 AM »
Go for it and show us on here  :)

In my own opinion, the cultists from DV are a little too heavily robed to be Raiders from Fallout but they're not a bad stand-in. You can certainly convert Space Marines into BOS fairly easily. Cadians as NCR?
My Fallout Project leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=35048.0

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 12:21:02 PM »
I would like to hear what others think thanx.

Oh goodie, another Fallout-infected victim.  ;D
Looking forward to your work.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666

Offline palaeomerus

• Scientist
  • " We've Got Movement!"
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 04:16:13 PM »
Go for it and show us on here  :)

In my own opinion, the cultists from DV are a little too heavily robed to be Raiders from Fallout but they're not a bad stand-in. You can certainly convert Space Marines into BOS fairly easily. Cadians as NCR?

I bought a $10 box of five of those cultists and reached the same conclusion. So I ordered another 40 of them from a bits place. (Hopefully that works out. I got my ghouls and some other stuff that way.) I doubt I'll use them for Fallout specifically (assuming I actually get them in the mail) but I am going to use them as semi-tribal waste-land dwelling bandit scum. I am also looking into eventually getting some Pig Iron 'Ferals' and some rebels to make up a competing group of scum.

SM could be virtually anybody in a post-war powered armor including another US Government remnant or some mad scientist project of your own creation. They could even be accidental invaders from an alternate universe or something and their schtick could be an odd accent and they spell english words differently because they diverged back in the War of 1812 instead of in the 1950's.

As for NCR I'd look for a more informal version of a British 1900's Colonial or WW1 look (doughboy helmets, goggles, khakis, bandoliers, cowboy hats, motorcycle sun-glases, leather vests, holsters and belts, ) with 80's rifles and 1930's pistols. Cadians might be more useful as Enclave ground troops. Or go grazy and paint some cadians in blue with yellow stripes and make them security or military personnel  from a militaristic vault out to conquer some territory.

These guys sold by EM-4 now (formerly Grenadier Space Rangers) make another decent, if overly bulky, proxy for a T series powered armor. Probably a lot less expensive than a GW space marine suit.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 04:25:50 PM by palaeomerus »

Offline emperorpenguin

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 04:50:39 PM »
I used these for my NCR soldiers

http://trollforged.com/shelf_sci-fi_Trenchers.html

They've got the goggles, facewraps, helmet is close, officer in beret etc. I just swapped the guns for M16s

My BOS are the Brother Vinni ones, but that's not a cheap option!

Offline dragonblood

• Student
  • Gidday Mate
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 10:16:43 PM »
Thanx for the feed back, the only reason I choose to use GW figues is because I'm a poor old wargamer lol and there is a glut of them in my bits box lol . I have some Necromunder vansar I was thinking they would make good Vault Dwellers.
And some ratskins for savages,also i have some Catachan I can mix and match parts to make towns people with.

Offline SerialMoM

• Scientist
  • War never changes
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 10:50:00 PM »
Hi dragonblood,

welcome to this fantastic forum.

I am also new here and i am currently also burning for the Faalout universe.

Maybe you know the Mordheim universe and rules and would like to giveme some input in my little project.

I would be very grateful for your feedback.

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=47609.0

In either case i would be very happy to see some painted minis, especially the dark vengeance minis are veryintersting for me, because i may buy them in future.

The cadians i think are a perfect fit for the NCR.

Please help me with my Fallout rules, picture heavy!!
leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=47609.0

Offline dragonblood

• Student
  • Gidday Mate
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 11:59:58 PM »
Thanx for the welcome guys its always nice to be wanted lol .
SerialMoM I have fallout pen and paper rules you can find them here.
http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=63
they have everything you need to make a fallout universe .
I have some wip at the moment will post some pics soon just have to find the time lol .
Hard to do when you work 6 days aweek .

Offline Baconfat

• Librarian
    • baconfatblog.blogspot.com
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 12:32:52 AM »
dragonblood,

If I was you I'd stick with your models, fallout isn't Napoleonics, just pick a different territory than the WDC area or Vegas if you're worried about the models not being NCR or whatever.   The chaos rabble you own look exactly like mentally challenged raiders.  Can't wait to see your pics.

Offline SerialMoM

• Scientist
  • War never changes
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 08:28:43 AM »
Thanks a lot! for the link. It will help me to fill my tabletop skirmish game with content.

I simply overread the pen and paper section of your post.

Offline Infojunky

• Bookworm
  • Just another Brain in a Box
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2012, 04:55:00 AM »
You know that is one of the fist things that occurred when I saw the cultists.

Fortunately I have been on the cash poor side so I haven't filled up my to do box with them... It is still got all my 15mm PA gangers and mutants too, so being poor isn't a bad thing.

Go to town, have fun with them and show us what you do....

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2012, 09:00:51 AM »
The difficulty with using '40k' models is that they are instantly recognisable as 40k models, unless heavily converted. However who is the person that has to be satisfied? You, who owns the figures and will be hopefully getting a ton of fun out of them, or the casual passer by who might turn their nose up at them?

dragonblood,

If I was you I'd stick with your models, fallout isn't Napoleonics, just pick a different territory than the WDC area or Vegas if you're worried about the models not being NCR or whatever.   The chaos rabble you own look exactly like mentally challenged raiders.  Can't wait to see your pics.

I can't fault this approach either. The 'canon' Fallout stuff is restricted to a relatively small area of the US and there's no reason why there shouldn't be some variation within those areas that have yet to be covered. You can then decide on what is worn and the styles used. An NCR 'type' force in say... Louisiana, is not going to have the same helmets as the 'real' NCR, for example. There's no need to stick to the styles as depicted in the game, just the 'feel' and the 'atmosphere' of the game is needed. 

Offline Oliver

• Librarian
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2012, 11:22:06 AM »
Some company released some fantasy football players that looked perfect as fallout raiders, sadly I didn't bookmark them as I can't for the like of me find them. They would have been perfect with a few weapons swaps :/Not much help I know but if anyone knows what I mean then please let me know.

Offline emperorpenguin

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2012, 01:11:30 PM »
Is it Neomics? http://www.neomics.de/shop/fantasy-football-humans

I used them for my Caesar's Legion models

Offline palaeomerus

• Scientist
  • " We've Got Movement!"
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2012, 04:35:43 PM »
Well my 40K Dark vengeance chaos cultists came in yesterday from a bits dealer. I now have 50 of the buggers. (Hopefully complete ones.)