Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:14:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Hobbit – I have seen the film. (no spoilers)  (Read 21843 times)

Offline Dan

• Mastermind
    • Wades World of Wargaming
Re: The Hobbit – I have seen the film. (no spoilers)
« Reply #120 on: January 17, 2013, 02:32:14 AM »
I watched the movie just under a week ago and frankly cannot remember much about it. I think the only standout for me was the Goblin town bit. I don't think I will sit through another two movies.

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #121 on: January 17, 2013, 06:30:45 PM »
I found this picture of Radagast on a google search and this is much more like I would have wanted him to look like... I guess that he might have been portraid this way at first and they changed him later in the process.

Okay, yes, I admit that's a lot more how I pictured him. Not in every detail but overall very close.
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
« Reply #122 on: January 17, 2013, 06:37:14 PM »
Parh

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
« Reply #123 on: January 17, 2013, 06:38:01 PM »
Perhaps that was part of Del Toro's pre-production work?

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #124 on: January 28, 2013, 06:52:51 PM »
I'll have to admit that I'm not a fan of LotR stuff in general, but of all the books I think the Hobbit is the best one. Film-wise, I thought this one was way too long and drawn out to be all that enjoyable, even though it looked very nice. To be fair, that was pretty much my opinion before I had even stepped into the theatre, but the gf wanted to see it. However, after we walked out of the theatre, it was an opinion she agreed with.

There's simply no need for this story to be a trilogy...other than the fact that the studio can make three-times the amount of money on ticket sales. I won't be bothering with any follow-up films.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #125 on: January 28, 2013, 09:16:28 PM »
I see no chance to do it as a one film thing - unless you leave out at least half of the dwarves and any r&r scenes like Elrond's house, Beorn, Lake-Town. And that would end up being as crappy as the 1977 adaptation (sorry, I know lots of you love it but they left out so many things I hardly realized it was the Hobbit).

So two movie minimum if you want to have any character play in it. Okay, two movies would be enough - unless you want to tie the Hobbit together with the LotR movies (which becomes rather obvious in the very beginning of the Hobbit). For that storyline you will need another movie.

I don't see any of the Middle-Earth movies as individual movies. They aren't stand alone movies. I personally love that but then again I can see what bugs people who "just want to see a movie on a Saturday night" (and I mean that in a very positive way).