Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:46:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690723
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Shoot N' Skedaddle - SNS PDF version available for $7, rules free online.  (Read 53470 times)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: SHOOT N' SKEDADDLE - PDF Cards Available!
« Reply #330 on: November 02, 2013, 09:08:26 PM »
PDF Cards Available

Well guys, thanks to the brilliant work of Mr. Phil, I can now offer a PDF version of the Shoot N' Skedaddle cards.  Phil took the art for the cards and created PDFs for each deck, including backs, so the cards can now be printed double-sided.

Disclaimer: The PDF version of the cards was created for people who wanted to play on the cheap or international buyers who can't stomach the obnoxious cost of shipping stuff from the US.  Unless you have access to free high quality printing, it may end up being more expensive producing the cards in this format than simply buying the pre-made cards.  PDF+Cost of printing on quality card stock+card protectors = more than simply buying the cards directly from Gamecrafter (if you're in the US).

The PDF cards are available directly from me, so please PM me.  Cost is $10 for normal gamers, but $8 for anyone who PMs me here through Lead Adventure.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #331 on: November 03, 2013, 01:41:52 AM »
Will the game eventually be available in a full, hard copy set?  I used to be able to print with impunity when I was working, but since I've retired, I no longer have that luxury.

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
« Reply #332 on: November 03, 2013, 01:57:42 AM »

The PDF cards are available directly from me, so please PM me.  Cost is $10 for normal gamers, but $8 for anyone who PMs me here through Lead Adventure.

What a nice offer.  :)
“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #333 on: November 03, 2013, 02:29:30 AM »
Will the game eventually be available in a full, hard copy set?  I used to be able to print with impunity when I was working, but since I've retired, I no longer have that luxury.

I doubt it.  However, since the rulebook is technically a PDF file, I know there are "self publish" sites which you simply upload a PDF and you can order a printed book version.  I have no idea of the cost of this kind of venture though.  Perhaps it's something I will research.  Shoot N' Skedaddle has been a serious learning curve for me, running everything essentially by myself.  I've made a lot of mistakes along the way, but I'm eager to learn from them and streamline everything next project I decide to take up.

In the final PDF form there will be a quick reference sheet of some sort.  I do believe that one of these and a quick read through of the rules would do fine by most people.  Now, I won't rule out a Version 2 in a year or two, maybe if I find a way to get in touch with a proper printer or manufacturer.  There is nothing I'd like more than to offer a boxed copy of the game with all of the cards, dice, a small printed rulebook etc. for $45 or so...but without doing a production run of 5,000+ copies this just isn't a reality for me at the moment.

SnS as it stands now:

Rulebook: PM me directly for a current copy - in proof-reading/finalizing stages now.  Rules are fully sufficient for Skirmish gaming.

PDF Cards: PM me directly for a paypal invoice.  $10 for a copy, or $8 if you PM me through Lead Adventure.

Game Cards (No box): https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/shoot-n-skedaddle  ($24.99)

Game Cards (Boxed): https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/shoot-n-skedaddle-boxed-version-  ($30.00)

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #334 on: November 05, 2013, 02:12:14 AM »
I've ordered my PDF for the cards. I am anxious to see them and print them out.  I figure I will paste them onto regular playing cards.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #335 on: November 05, 2013, 02:51:41 AM »
To get them to hold shape if you use weaker paper you can simply buy the card protectors - would work pretty well.  Get a box of ones with different colour backs to identify the decks.  This would prevent you from needing to print the front and back of each deck.

I figure some people will be printing them out in B&W on "the cheap" so to speak.  Play a bunch of games, and if you end up really liking it, pick up some proper cards later if you think you'll get your money's worth.

By all means post pics, and of course opinions.  :D

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #336 on: November 11, 2013, 12:15:51 AM »

Bringing some copies of SnS to Fall In!  (also, this is the new current box art - different from the previous box shown in the thread). 

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #337 on: January 06, 2014, 07:59:58 AM »
New PDF sent out to the test-reading audience.  Honing in on the final version (though it'll be updated as needed in the future).

Also, per request by a couple of people I've added a Blank Card expansion to the Gamecrafter site.

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/shoot-n-skedaddle:-blank-card-expansion

^This provides players with a large load of blank cards from each of the decks, and includes stickers which can be used for dice values if desired (though this may interfere with shuffling of the deck, it'll work fine if you have card sleeves).

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: Shoot N' Skedaddle - Character change, please see last post!
« Reply #338 on: January 08, 2014, 08:51:44 AM »
Hey everybody,

Given some feedback and some further playtesting I decided to modify the Close Combat system a good bit (the January 7th PDF contains the latest version).  As such, this invalidates a single character card, the Prize Fighter.

The Prize Fighter's special ability currently read: The Prize Fighter may roll two Scrap dice and pick the highest result.  He also rolls normal Strength damage even when unarmed.

This special ability should now read: The Prize Fighter rolls two Scrap dice in Close Combat, allowing him to strike up to twice per activation.  The Prize Fighter uses his normal Strength value when unarmed.

As this change was rather unforeseen (last minute rules change...ugh) I have purchased a set of 30 new Prize Fighter cards.  If you desire, please get in touch with me and I will mail you a new one when they arrive (a week or two).  If you're not interested in receiving a replacement card, please simply use the new special ability (you can also simply mark out "...and pick the highest result").

Sorry for this.  I had no real plans of changing the system this late in the game, but I do think it plays better.  Humble apologies!

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Hey all,

Sad to see that "no one has posted in this thread in 120 days..." message on my own thread!  lol

Anyway, been really busy and working on some other projects but with school winding down I'm going to turn more attention SnS and try to finish/finalize the PDF etc.

I've started hosting the current rules PDF for free on the Gamecrafter pages with the cards.  From now on rules will be updated via this site and I'll put notice on the blog or via email that a new set is out, instead of emailing a group of people the rules.  So anyone who's been too lazy to email me about rules - feel free to check them out for free.

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/shoot-n-skedaddle-boxed-version-

^Link is at the bottom of the store page.  Each updated set will include a date (month/year) so players can keep track of what they've downloaded.

Lookin' for reviews...
In addition if anyone gets around the playing the game I'd love to see some reviews posted on the Gamecrafter site, either page (boxed or unboxed)...and if you've picked up the Blank Card expansion please comment on it etc.  I'm looking for genuine reviews not buttocks-aimed-sunshine.  :)  I'd just like to see some reviews on the Gamecrafter page for people who are looking at it.  I think the pages need a bit more traffic.

Any help would be appreciated.  I hope to have more PDF updates soon!  Also, if you've been running SnS send me some pics (post here or via email) and let me know if it shows up at conventions.  I like featuring peoples games on my blog as well.

http://shootnskedaddle.blogspot.com/

^Blog.  Thanks guys! :D

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
I have had the cards etc for ages, but just have not had the time to read the rules and get playing with my group yet.
I have used some of the cards as random events in games and may well use them during the BLAM game.

Maybe a review of the cards without even playing the game may be useful anyway, as they can be used independently of the rules and may well generate a few sales for you....?

They are a quality product even without using the rules.

What do you think?

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Sure, any reviews would be fine.  I just know when I'm looking for a product I always prefer to hear from customers and not the manufacturer/author unless I have technical questions.   lol

Offline Legionaire22

• Bookworm
Elbows,

I will be running another game at my convention (FOG Con) at the end of May. I will be sure to take some pictures of it for you.
   Also, I didn't realise you had a site up. Guess I had my head in the sand. Thanks for posting my pictures on it.

Jim
Zombies make me poop!

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Hey guys,

After being emailed by a fellow in Romania I finally managed to get the PDF version of Shoot N' Skedaddle cards on Gamecrafter for a whoppin' $7.  This should help with foreign customers who are interested in the game but can't stomach the cost of shipping - and they no longer need to email me in order to get a copy!  Cost has also dropped $3.

As mentioned before Gamecrafter pages now carry the rule set as a free download.

Shoot N' Skedaddle: PDF Version
https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/shoot-n-skedaddle:-pdf-version

^PDF version of the cards. (all 184 cards included optional printable backs for double-sided printing etc.)

NOTE: As mentioned on my blog and the page there, the PDF cards will require 27 pages of printing as there are 184 cards.  So if you plan on printing them on nice heavy duty paper etc., the cost will likely exceed the $25-30.  The PDF is intended to serve foreign customers, since international shipping is around $25 itself!  If you live in the states, buying the standard cards will likely still be a cheaper option.

However...if you want to buy the game and print the cards out on simple paper, by all means spend $7 and give it a whirl!  lol

Offline philhendry

• Scientist
    • My Wargaming Website
It seems not to be available - it's marked as 'Private' and 'Not for Sale' on the Gamecrafter site.