Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:35:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Mayan Apocalypse Fire Sale ----  (Read 3459 times)

Offline Howard Whitehouse

• Scientist
The Mayan Apocalypse Fire Sale ----
« on: December 18, 2012, 03:39:16 AM »
It's the Mayan Apocalypse this week! And if that's not an excuse for an outfit called Pulp Action Press (located in an underground lair beneath a lost jungle temple in Guatemala) to celebrate, I don't know what is!  :D

So, we'll do a sale for the "Getting Ready for the End of the World" aspect on the 20th (because you ought to spend all your money, right?) and one for "Phew! Lucky We Don't Use the Same Calendar" on the 22nd. We assume you'll spend the 21st staring at the skies. but if you get a break ---- well, the sale's on as well.

Everything is 25% off”
Mad Dogs with Guns           PDF $13.50
Mad Dogs with Guns           Hardcover $18
Eat Hitler – the Nazi Taste Treat    $4.50

http://www.wargamevault.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=4762

Wait until the 20th for sale prices ---

« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 03:54:31 AM by Howard Whitehouse »
I do all my own stunts

• Scientist
Re: The Mayan Apocalypse Fire Sale ----
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 03:49:16 AM »
And another photo --

Offline Gary Mitchell

• Librarian
    • Space Vixens From Mars
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 04:26:29 AM »
From the look of their ruins the Mayans have already had their apocalypse...

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 05:05:34 AM »
They spent all their money on wargames rules just before their empire crumbled. You know it makes sense ---
 lol

Offline Legion1963

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 06:56:46 PM »
From the look of their ruins the Mayans have already had their apocalypse...
Yes, they did. Caused by over population.

Offline janner

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Laughing Cavalier
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 07:03:13 PM »
Yes, they did. Caused by over population.

I understand it was actually caused by the first outbreak of man flu, a horrific decease we have yet to find a cure for.

Offline Legion1963

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 05:08:37 PM »
I understand it was actually caused by the first outbreak of man flu, a horrific decease we have yet to find a cure for.
Okay. That could also be the reason why. My info is not very recent as i have not been 'studying' the culture of the Mayeas for more then a decade. So more recent findings could very well point into the direction of something like the man Flu.

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 07:45:46 PM »
I am encouraged that we can have a civil and educational discussion of Mayan population issues.

Meanwhile my Blatant Hucksterism of games about Nazis, dinosaurs and gangsters leads me to tell you that the sale starts at midnight and lasts through the 22nd or the End of the World, whichever comes first.

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 09:24:37 PM »
Quote from: janner on December 18, 2012, 08:03:13 PM
Okay. That could also be the reason why. My info is not very recent as i have not been 'studying' the culture of the Mayeas for more then a decade. So more recent findings could very well point into the direction of something like the man Fl

He is joking....... Man flu over in the UK is just normal flu but we blokes have to act like we are dying and then bask in the luxury of our other half's sympathy and good deeds....NOT.  lol
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Legion1963

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 09:26:32 PM »
I am encouraged that we can have a civil and educational discussion of Mayan population issues.

Meanwhile my Blatant Hucksterism of games about Nazis, dinosaurs and gangsters leads me to tell you that the sale starts at midnight and lasts through the 22nd or the End of the World, whichever comes first.
I have dedicated a good part, the first part i would like to say, of my professional career in teaching youngsters about the civil society and making an effort to educate them. No easy matter and some would confess that we are failing, miserably. A mayan 21st of december 2012 would perhaps sort that out.
However, unfortunately my financiel situation does not allow me to indulge or cater to your blatant Hucksterism and buy something. Of course i am hoping it will be a total succes. Whatever happens on the 21st.

Offline janner

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Laughing Cavalier
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 04:48:32 PM »
He is joking....... Man flu over in the UK is just normal flu but we blokes have to act like we are dying and then bask in the luxury of our other half's sympathy and good deeds....NOT.  lol

It's no joke  :o

okay, well maybe just a little joke then  ;)

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2012, 05:39:42 PM »
Well huh! The world did not burn up in a giant fireball after all -- so all this stuff has to go back to the places I bought it, not including the liquor and caviar -- and it's the last day of the sale at Pulp Action Library:

Everything is 25% off”
Mad Dogs with Guns PDF $13.50
Mad Dogs with Guns Hardcover $18
Eat Hitler – the Nazi Taste Treat $4.50

http://www.pulpactionlibrary.com/

Go and browse around the website. There's some good stuff, from my archives and promises of stuff to come.