Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:42:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686583
  • Total Topics: 118108
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New 28mm Ship - the Sixth Rate Frigate HMS CYANE from Laser Dream Works  (Read 8158 times)

Offline LaserDreamWorks

• Assistant
    • Laser Dream Works
Re: New 28mm Ship - the Sixth Rate Frigate HMS CYANE from Laser Dream Works
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2013, 03:57:21 AM »
And here she is in 18mm. I still have to work up the assembly instructions, but she should be available in week or so.  Find us on Facebook for more pictures.

Regards,
Matt
Laser Dream Works

Offline Blue in vt

• Mastermind
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 03:00:52 PM »
 :-* :o

I love what you are doing here...really great stuff.  I've been drooling over your 28mm ships for a while now but am really excited about the 18mm size as being more cost effective as I would love to play small fleet actions in the future.

I would also like to offer you any assistance that I can in helping to research vessels or find plans for future additions to your range.  I'm a nautical archaeologist who works on Lake Champlain and wrote my thesis on a War of 1812 vessel from the Great lakes (HMHT Nancy).  The Museum at which I work at (www.lcmm.org) has an extensive amount of research material on the vessels that participated in the Battle of Valcour Island (1776) as well as the Battle of Plattsburgh Bay (1814).  As most of these vessels are on the smaller end of the warship spectrum they would all make great additions to your existing line...like the Lee and Lady Nelson...

...anyway...I have dreams of being able to recreate the battle of Valcour or Plattsburgh Bay as an event here at the museum someday so If I can help make that happen and help you expand your range at the same time I would be happy to do so.

Cheers...keep up the excellent work.

Blue
My Painting/Collecting Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

"Jesus weeps when people buy resin." ...Hammers March 2012

Offline Blue in vt

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 04:09:38 PM »
I would be very interested to see that Bezzo!

I appreciate the offer.

Cheers,

Blue

Offline LaserDreamWorks

• Assistant
    • Laser Dream Works
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2013, 03:25:56 AM »
:-* :o

I love what you are doing here...really great stuff.  I've been drooling over your 28mm ships for a while now but am really excited about the 18mm size as being more cost effective as I would love to play small fleet actions in the future.

I would also like to offer you any assistance that I can in helping to research vessels or find plans for future additions to your range.  I'm a nautical archaeologist who works on Lake Champlain and wrote my thesis on a War of 1812 vessel from the Great lakes (HMHT Nancy).  The Museum at which I work at (www.lcmm.org) has an extensive amount of research material on the vessels that participated in the Battle of Valcour Island (1776) as well as the Battle of Plattsburgh Bay (1814).  As most of these vessels are on the smaller end of the warship spectrum they would all make great additions to your existing line...like the Lee and Lady Nelson...

...anyway...I have dreams of being able to recreate the battle of Valcour or Plattsburgh Bay as an event here at the museum someday so If I can help make that happen and help you expand your range at the same time I would be happy to do so.

Cheers...keep up the excellent work.

Blue

Thanks for the note Blue.  I am glad you like the ships.  I try to make them as accurate as possible but still make them both easy to build and game friendly.  So I am glad to have a naval archaelogist in my camp. The battle of Plattsburgh would be great at a convention using our 28mm ships and perfect at home using the 18mm scale.  It has a good variety of small frigates and smaller ships and is a relatively even fight.  I have the builders drafts for a few of the ships involved, but if you have access to all of them I would love to see what is possible.  With the 200th anniversary of the battle a year out, I need to get to work!

Matt

Offline Blue in vt

• Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2013, 06:03:49 PM »
Excellent!  Sorry for the delay in response...for some reason this thread didn't come up
As having new posts.

I'll drop you a PM with my email.

@laserdreamworks...I'll be in touch!

Blue