Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:05:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686579
  • Total Topics: 118108
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: More Blood Bowl Teams (Now with Halfling and Lizardman teams) UD 11/01  (Read 12070 times)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: Rodents in Disguise! (Skaven Blood Bowl Team.)
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011, 03:22:28 PM »
Ah, maybe... or I'm just a confused old man.  o_o

OLD?
I think not!

VERY IMAGINATIVE STUFF! I like doing my Goblins up in Renaissance garb also. The top hats are outstanding...they remind me of the style of hat worn by the Stradioti.
While the painting is not up to your Oh-So-High standard, they are still attractive minis...a WELL DONE to your friend is in order.

Thanks, DeafNala.
I agree, and have thanked him profusely!
He did a great job, until the 'dip', and the rescue was damn good too, consider all the detail had been filled in!

I admire people who can do this, I have too little skill and not enough patience to embark down this route.  :'(

It wasn't too difficult, joroas. All the parts are plastic, except the Rat Ogre, so cutting and filing to fit was easy. The big guy took a bit longer, but only because of cutting matal. The whole project was fairly straightforward and easy. This is the best thing about plastics.

TBB = Talk Bloodbowl, now renamed Talk Fantasy Football after a C&D (cease and desist) letter from GW (Games Workshop) ;)
http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/
Thanks, Pil. Will have to check that out.

Great collage there, they look really armonious, the various parts fit perfectly!

Thanks! Like I said, not too difficult as they are plastic.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Re: More Blood Bowl Teams (Now with Halfling and Lizardman teams) UD 11/01
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2013, 09:19:00 AM »
Just thought that I would add two more teams here, just for a pictoral record before I sell them.

First up: Lizardmen.

The Skinks

The Saurus

The Kroxigor

The Turn and Re-roll Counters

The Halflings

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2013, 12:25:21 PM »
Both the Lizard Lads & the Short Gluttonous Ones look TERRIFIC. The markers are especially imaginative. GOOD LUCK with the sales.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 08:01:12 PM by DeafNala »
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Ninja

• Mad Scientist
    • Broken Egg Games
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2013, 05:28:17 PM »
I have to admit these are pretty sweet.
Break out of your gaming shell! www.brokenegggames.com

"Yes, I am a ninja and no I won't show you my moves."

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2013, 05:33:09 PM »
Bloodty lovely mate 8)

Offline User7866

• Assistant
  • Ace Pilot & Deadeye Shot
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2013, 11:01:56 AM »
Looks like you have had some fun.

Used to love Blood Bowl.
Worked up close to 40 different teams including the 11 official box sets that were released in the '90s.
Thanks to Jeremy V getting them for me from Gary M in the UK, I had one of the first non-converted Norse BB teams in the US; that was back before Gary's personally sculpted Norse BB team was officially released by GW.
Ordered lots of old Warhammer figures to convert for Bretonnian, Kislevian, Estalian and Tilean Human BB teams, support staff for the Norse team, an Amazon team long before it hit Citadel Journal, other Chaos Dwarf teams, and so forth.

In the '90s, I was known as the "Mad Footballer" or the "Blood Bowl Loon" at GW-US, back when it was based outside Baltimore.
Worked with Jervis J on development of the Minotaur team back then.
My dear fellows (The Sons of Dūglōs) even had bounties placed on them by some of the other coaches in the '97 Company league in the US because the "Wild Animal" skill led to the outright destruction of one Chaos team and the severe mauling of orc, dwarf and any other teams that liked to get in close.
It was impressive when six rookie Minotaurs ganged up on Morg'n'Thorg and killed him; three rookie Minotaurs shoved Lord Borak into the crowd which proceeded to severly injure him; yes, that chaos team match was one to remember and I was only able to field 9 Minotaurs at the time - started the standard 1,000 gold piece league with only me(the coach), 8 "boys" and an apothecary.
I did not make it into the finals of that league, but I did have an impressive casualty count.
Three bounties even got paid out, but those fellows of mine had kinsmen ready to avenge them in the next matches!
Elves were a bother though because they would just dance around my boys; it was impressive though when one of my boys could clothes-line or collar one of them - the elves "broke" rather easily.

I will have to think about getting my fellows out of storage and taking & posting pics of them here.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 11:25:11 AM by User7866 »

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2013, 06:13:47 PM »
Thanks, chaps!

User7866: Sounds like you had/have quite the collection and some fond memories of them.

I no longer play Blood Bowl and no longer much chance of playing it, so these fellas are now on the Bazar and will go to Ebay soon if they do not sell here.

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2013, 04:17:27 AM »
My dear fellows (The Sons of Dūglōs) even had bounties placed on them by some of the other coaches in the '97 Company league in the US because the "Wild Animal" skill led to the outright destruction of one Chaos team and the severe mauling of orc, dwarf and any other teams that liked to get in close.
It was impressive when six rookie Minotaurs ganged up on Morg'n'Thorg and killed him; three rookie Minotaurs shoved Lord Borak into the crowd which proceeded to severly injure him; yes, that chaos team match was one to remember and I was only able to field 9 Minotaurs at the time
YOU RAT BASTARD! Borak was never the same after that game. He no longer wanted to pop the heads of of the elves and humans that got in his way. He only wanted to pick posies and plant trees. He just never was the same after that. He never picked up the spiked ball again. :-(

Grimm

Offline User7866

• Assistant
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2013, 12:21:26 PM »
I am sorry, but I have gotten old.
I remember the face of that Chaos coach, but I cannot remember the name.
I really did not know it was his first game ever.
Are you he?

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2013, 06:25:03 AM »
I am sorry, but I have gotten old.
I remember the face of that Chaos coach, but I cannot remember the name.
I really did not know it was his first game ever.
Are you he?
Aye Doug, it r me.
Never said it was my first game as it wasn't. I was just saying that after that game we started calling Borak by a different name. He was, from then on, referred to as Lady Borak the Gentle.
I remember the league well. Was the only one as i was gone from the company the following April.
I do love BloodBowl a lot. One of my fav GW games. But then again i am a fan of most of the non-WHFB/WH40K GW games. :-)

Grimm

Offline User7866

• Assistant
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2013, 04:14:02 PM »
The others said it was your first game.
That was their excuse to start putting bounties on my boys, since I had allegedly shown you no mercy despite being a first time player.
Quite frankly, I was just amazed at the havoc I was spreading.

Oh well, such was life, oh, so long ago.

I do wonder why everyone then and you evidently still do, called me "Doug".
I always introduced myself as "Douglas".

Now, showing how decrepit I have become, I cannot remember your name.
I remember what you look like, but not the name.

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2013, 03:03:40 AM »
The others said it was your first game.
That was their excuse to start putting bounties on my boys, since I had allegedly shown you no mercy despite being a first time player.
Quite frankly, I was just amazed at the havoc I was spreading.

Oh well, such was life, oh, so long ago.

I do wonder why everyone then and you evidently still do, called me "Doug".
I always introduced myself as "Douglas".

Now, showing how decrepit I have become, I cannot remember your name.
I remember what you look like, but not the name.
Don't know how it could have been my first game. It was the second to the last week of the league as i recall. I remember smacking Dave's puny wood elves. And Joe S's rat bastard Skaven. His little runty skaven he did in one night. Getting smacked around by John Mathew's team one late night. Don't know who made the claim it was my first. There was no one else playing Chaos from what i recall, or at least no other Borak. 
Long time ago indeed.
You kill my Borak i kill your name. :-) And no, i was just saying the name because i knew where the team name came from. No disrespect meant. I make it a point to call peeps by the name they wish. Do it at work all the time. I still work with peeps that dont know the names of the people they have worked with in the same department for weeks. They just dont understand the reasoning behind it.
The name is Jeff, though in life i mostly go by JD nowadays. But here online Grimm it is. Though on this forum i wasn't the first Grimm.  :-)

Grimm

Offline User7866

• Assistant
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2013, 04:59:25 AM »
Uh Grimm, it was the first part of the second week of the tournament.
It was my second game of the Naggaroth Cup, as the tournament was named.

Wait a minute!
I did not kill Borak and neither did the fans - he was only seriously injured!
I can see though how it might have been a disturbing event for most players.
A follower of Slaanesh though would have enjoyed it.

Never played Sloboda's Skaven (I think he was avoiding my boys), but I took Dirty Steve's Rats to task!
Hated Dee Taylor's Grateful Undead undead team.
He killed my boys and won bounties!

I took on the Dwarf team of Allan B from Hobby Support and even destroyed his Death Roller.
Immediately after the game, he asked why the negatives for Minotaurs were really negatives.
By this time I had a whole 12 Minotaur team.
I told him the secret.
Always play in-the-face teams with them.
He played his Dwarves in-the-face of his opponents so I played him.
We talked about it and he actually shook my hand at the end.

It was not just the me and my Minotaurs though.
In Mail Order, when Blood Bowl was re-released in '98,  we had a Mail Order only tournament.
I took apart Bob Bassin's, the MO Manager, dark elf team using a human one; he got so mad, I thought I was going to lose my job; I did - a month later on a trumped up charge.
Anyway, I took everyone in Mail Order apart with the humans other than Hal in the final.
We had a disagreement about a rule, we diced it off and he ended up winning that role, that final match and the tourney by one point.

More latter, wife is calling me to dinner.
Later.

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2013, 05:43:47 AM »
Uh Grimm, it was the first part of the second week of the tournament.
It was my second game of the Naggaroth Cup, as the tournament was named.

Wait a minute!
I did not kill Borak and neither did the fans - he was only seriously injured!
I can see though how it might have been a disturbing event for most players.
A follower of Slaanesh though would have enjoyed it.

Never played Sloboda's Skaven (I think he was avoiding my boys), but I took Dirty Steve's Rats to task!
Hated Dee Taylor's Grateful Undead undead team.
He killed my boys and won bounties!

I took on the Dwarf team of Allan B from Hobby Support and even destroyed his Death Roller.
Immediately after the game, he asked why the negatives for Minotaurs were really negatives.
By this time I had a whole 12 Minotaur team.
I told him the secret.
Always play in-the-face teams with them.
He played his Dwarves in-the-face of his opponents so I played him.
We talked about it and he actually shook my hand at the end.

It was not just the me and my Minotaurs though.
In Mail Order, when Blood Bowl was re-released in '98,  we had a Mail Order only tournament.
I took apart Bob Bassin's, the MO Manager, dark elf team using a human one; he got so mad, I thought I was going to lose my job; I did - a month later on a trumped up charge.
Anyway, I took everyone in Mail Order apart with the humans other than Hal in the final.
We had a disagreement about a rule, we diced it off and he ended up winning that role, that final match and the tourney by one point.

More latter, wife is calling me to dinner.
Later.
Second week or second to the last week i recall "second" was in there somewhere. Been many years though and dont recall how many games.
I know Borak didn't die, by horns or the fans. He and Morg and one other were all that was left. I threw in the towel. I also recall Jeremy saying i wouldn't get any gold for the week because of that. And though it didn't matter much since the league was almost over. Which is why i think it to be later in the season. You sure it was so soon in the season?
I dont recall the MO league at all. I know i didn't play in it. And i think Bob was mad daily that he had to breathe.
And i know of the event a month later and the "issue" in question.

Grimm