Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:14:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690916
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 651
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Convention Photos from Recruits  (Read 4294 times)

Offline UncleRhino

• Scientist
Convention Photos from Recruits
« on: March 30, 2008, 05:20:57 PM »
Well, the convention is over. I am very much pleased with the way things went, folks seemed to enjoy the games, several asked me where to get the rules, what rules we were using, how much the terrain was for sale for...It was very cool. In my casual estimation here is the breakdown of how many times we ran the games.

.45 Adventure--We ran this game I am thinking six-seven times Friday and Saturday

Gloire--I am thinking this one was ran five or six times Friday and Saturday

Fantastic Worlds--I ran this game four times Saturday, nobody seemed terribly interested on Friday...the other two games were constantly busy, however.

Conservatively estimating, we had 30 players over the weekend, many folks played several of the games, so we had repeat business, as it were, I would say we probably had 16 different players all in all.

There was talk about what we will do for Fall Recruits...my immediate answer was "I am not doing any gaming for a few days, I am going home, going to give my very understanding and supportive wife a big hug and a kiss, sit down without my camera, dice, rulebook, reference sheets or tape measure and have a beer." I did get all of that done! I am thinking I want to see a 4x4 four player game of Valley of the Thunder Lizard, a game of Broadsword Adventures and if folks want it or not, there will be another Flash Gordon game, even if nobody plays it, I will be like my totem animal the Rhinoceros and trundle onward with that theme.

Now, I know you all don't care about that, you just want pictures, well...they are coming as soon as I can get them all sorted through and uploaded...and there are some very good ones. Ironworker took lots also...nudge nudge...Nathan, get some of yours here too!

Here are a couple of pics of our table, which was, rather nicely numbered table #1.

Bah, that did not work, follow this link for all sorts of photos!

http://www.rattrapproductions.com/speakeasy/viewtopic.php?t=945

A HUGE thank you to Duane who runs the convention and to Chuck and Dan, without them, this just would not have been possible. I think everyone had a great time, I know I enjoyed myself immensely.

UncleRhino

Offline Ironworker

• Mastermind
    • http://ironworkersminiatures.blogspot.com/
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 12:40:35 AM »
I played the .45 and the Fantastic Worlds games and had a great time.  I'll post some of my pics later but I just got home a little while ago and I'm still in recovery.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 12:44:47 AM »
Glad to see you got some fun gaming in, Ironworker. As I recall you are the fellow who had the blues a while back about having no interesting gaming in your neck of the woods. Sounds like things are looking up!  :)
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Ironworker

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 08:15:59 PM »
Quote from: "Plynkes"
Glad to see you got some fun gaming in, Ironworker. As I recall you are the fellow who had the blues a while back about having no interesting gaming in your neck of the woods. Sounds like things are looking up!  :)

Actually Recruits was held about two hours from my home and there are quite a few gamers in that area.  Fortunately I'm moving and hour closer to that location to a town with two game stores and an open invite into a couple regular games and groups already so things are definately looking up for me.   :mrgreen:

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 08:23:22 PM »
Quote from: "Ironworker"
I played the .45 and the Fantastic Worlds games and had a great time.

Uh oh! Any time anyone has "fun" it just leads to bad things.  :lol:

I'm glad you enjoyed the games that Uncle Rhino and the rest of the guys put on. He was worried to no end about asking for things and then not having enough time to use them.

But based on the response to their games I expect to be supporting them in any future convention endeavours they take.
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline UncleRhino

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 12:10:44 AM »
Thanks Rich!  And thanks Ironworker and Tredhed for stopping by to chat.  I think they both circled us like sharks for a few minutes before they said anything.  I hate being sized up like that.  But what the hell was I going to say here...guys...look for the Rattrap Roundup table on the con program, then come find me, I am the middle-aged overweight guy with a beard and glasses...

Yeah, that would be easy...

Oh, and as a side-note, they are no longer called cargo pants at my house, they are now officially known as Convention Pants.  I had tape measures, markers, dice, a deck of cards, cell phone, wallet, pocket knife, car keys, loose change, gum, camera, spare batteries for said camera...I tell ya, get yourself some Convention Pants and it will make your life easier!

Hey, Rich, let's market some Rattrap Convention Britches, I had a sewing class back in high school!  Think of the possibilities!  We could be rich beyond our wildest dreams!  I could get that bass boat Auntie Rhino has been talking about not wanting!  I could put one of those obnoxious loudening mufflers on my PT Cruiser and be a real hip guy...hell...maybe get T tops put into it....

This is gonna be great!

All silliness aside, I did paint up some old Armorcast crates for the .45 game at the con, and on one of the shipping labels I did paint the Rattrap logo...I don't think it came out in any pictures, but I will have another look at them and see if it came out in any of them.

UncleRhino

Offline cwchmc

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 12:16:56 AM »
I'm glad everyone had a good time and I look forward to running some more Rattrap stuff at Recruits in the future. If I ever get out of work, I will post the few pix that I took.

Chuck

Offline Chambersofminiatures

• LPL Silver Medalist (S5,S7)
  • Scientist
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 04:39:27 AM »
I too say thanks to Chuck and Ryan for a great demo game at Recruits. I had a great time and really like the Glorie rule system, I will definitely pick it up.
2013 Lead Tally: Acquired:219  Painted: 118   Total: -101
2014 Lead Tally: Acquired:197  Painted: 240   Total: +43
2015 Lead Tally: Acquired:275  Painted: 116   Total: -159
2016 Lead Tally: Acquired:223  Painted  140   Total: -83

Offline Ironworker

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 06:06:54 AM »
I'm still dragging my feet getting my photos edited and my convention report written but I will tell you that this unfortunate photograph of my mob boss loading bodies into the back of his own truck because most of his men were too wounded to get the job done cost me the game.   :lol:

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 08:28:23 AM »
Great stuff, I like the terrain very much :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline UncleRhino

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 11:31:48 AM »
Dan and I laughed all the way home about that picture being taken...the goal of the reporters was to get photographic evidence of the bodies buried by the Mulroney gang in the junkyard.  They not only were able to do that, BUT they got a picture of Boss Mulroney loading the body of a Congressman into the truck by HIMSELF.  

UncleRhino

Offline Easy Eight

• Lurker
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 07:37:41 PM »
Quote from: "Ironworker"
I'm still dragging my feet getting my photos edited and my convention report written but I will tell you that this unfortunate photograph of my mob boss loading bodies into the back of his own truck because most of his men were too wounded to get the job done cost me the game.   :lol:

I almost busted a gut when the reporter got this picture.  I had everyone reset there models so we could get a picture of our own.  Unexpected things like that really make the games fun for me.  I'm glad everyone enjoyed the .45 Adventures game.  I had a great time running it, and am already planning a few scenarios for the future.

Offline CPT Shanks

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2008, 06:16:56 AM »
The fun times you miss out on when you're in Afghanistan, damn. Too bad too, it looks like you guys had a lot of fun this spring. Maybe next year.
"welcome to the world of cascading failure"