Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:52:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Proto ponies  (Read 2412 times)

Offline Bergil

• Mad Scientist
  • Toy maker
Proto ponies
« on: January 15, 2013, 05:32:00 AM »
Just a couple ponies I've put together, another 8 of various types and poses to come. They're fun and reasonably quick to put together so I'm fitting them in between producing more traditional wargaming figures.

They stand about 20mm to the top if their heads, so a bit tiddly.

Cheers

Offline Huascar

• Librarian
Re: Proto ponies
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 08:25:41 AM »
Very nice sculpts - and I am intrigued and tempted by the range (particularly with your Jan sale), but I am struggling to think of a way I could use them in gaming.

Any feedback on how others have used them - I was considering fantacide as a possible option.

Offline Bergil

• Mad Scientist
  • Toy maker
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 11:33:20 AM »
Very nice sculpts - and I am intrigued and tempted by the range (particularly with your Jan sale), but I am struggling to think of a way I could use them in gaming.

Any feedback on how others have used them - I was considering fantacide as a possible option.

I will be using them as fantasy football figures the next time I get a game of blood bowl in at the local group. I might even use them in games of what’s it called, that generic fantasy fighting game.

One other person who got hold of a set will be using them for blood bowl, and another other who got in touch simply loved mlp and wanted to paint these up.

Personally speaking, a lot of the models I own are for display, literally around 70% of my collection I purchased purely because I liked the look of them! So on a personal level the fillies are mostly for display purposes.

Offline DowVooVoo

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 12:06:54 PM »
will you be making any torn up and mashed n bashed? possibly zedish? I think I could do those, work them into a game or two. :-* :-*

Offline Bergil

• Mad Scientist
  • Toy maker
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 12:28:17 PM »
will you be making any torn up and mashed n bashed? possibly zedish? I think I could do those, work them into a game or two. :-* :-*

Well, maybe some skeletal ones if the desire for them is there... But that's a few months down the line yet.

Offline Huascar

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 03:14:19 AM »
I have ordered a copy of fantacide, from everything I have read it should be no problem coming up with a Pony Army.

My idea is to use some of your current phillies range as leaders/warriors and the ponies as basic troops when they come out. Will let you know once I get the rules!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 05:42:17 AM by Huascar »

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 03:53:42 AM »
Nice work. Looking forward to seeing more. Ayala on any oer minis in this style?

Offline Bergil

• Mad Scientist
  • Toy maker
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 10:15:10 AM »
I have ordered a copy of fantacide, from everything I have read it should be no problem coming up with a Pony Army.

My idea is to use some of your current phillies range as leaders/warriors and the ponies as basic troops when they come out. Will let you know once I get the rules!

That’s not a bad idea, using the fillies as leaders for normal ponies. Might have to copy that one.

And by the sounds of it I need to get a hold of this fantacide game myself. Is it a bit generic in that you can use anything?

Nice work. Looking forward to seeing more. Ayala on any oer minis in this style?

Thanks man. I do not know what Ayala means, but there are at least 8 more being produced (and who knows, much more than that afterwards).

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 12:37:31 AM »
That’s not a bad idea, using the fillies as leaders for normal ponies. Miglht have to copy that one.

And by the sounds of it I need to get a hold of this fantacide game myself. Is it a bit generic in that you can use anything?

Thanks man. I do not know what Ayala means, but there are at least 8 more being produced (and who knows, much more than that afterwards).

Aaargh... Bloody autocorrect. What I meant to say was "Any plans on any other minis in this style" sometimes I type too fast for this iPad.
I was kind of meaning thins like wolves in a similar sculpting style.

Offline Bergil

• Mad Scientist
  • Toy maker
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 05:00:47 AM »
Aaargh... Bloody autocorrect. What I meant to say was "Any plans on any other minis in this style" sometimes I type too fast for this iPad.
I was kind of meaning thins like wolves in a similar sculpting style.

Ah right sorry, I see what you mean.

The awnser would be a possible yes, but not flesh and blood wolves, something a bit more woody perhaps...

Offline Huascar

• Librarian
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 07:40:09 AM »
Fantacide is by Rick P and Alessio, and is supposed to offer a 'sandbox' fantasy setting for the use of any fantasy figures - although there are 4 'official' factions (including centaurs and unicorns - so ponies should fit right in!).

I have really been enjoying Rick and Alessio's prior project - Bolt Action - so hopefully fantacide is just as good.

The rules are by Alien Dungeon and they have a kickstarter page. The D6g podcast also did a good overview of the rules a couple of month ago.

I am picking up the rules on the 25th - which hopefully leaves me enough time get a order in before the end of your Jan sale. If all works out I will try a provide some LAF project updates