Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:31:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686615
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: MAYHEM is coming!  (Read 4430 times)

Offline Skipp

• Bookworm
Re: MAYHEM is coming!
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2014, 03:07:21 PM »
Thanks Nord, regarding the basing sizes, would standard HOTT basing work with it? (If so could you explain how?)

Also just searched lulu, no joy... Could anyone supply a link?

Ta in advance.

Offline Nord

• Mad Scientist
    • Nord's Painting Saga
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2014, 06:58:11 PM »
Sorry, never played HOTT so don't know that one. The basic principle is that units are based on squares and in combat you square up, keeping it simple whether front, flank or rear. There is also scope for rectangular bases, for example with hordes. Characters it suggests are based on round bases, any appropriate size since they are mainly tokens. The rules are pretty vague/easy going, basically go with whatever suits you.

Offline capthugeca

• Mad Scientist
  • “Life is too important to take seriously.”
    • Ten Mil Wargames
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2014, 07:04:07 PM »
Thanks Nord, regarding the basing sizes, would standard HOTT basing work with it? (If so could you explain how?)

Also just searched lulu, no joy... Could anyone supply a link?

Ta in advance.

Here's a link for a pdf from Wargames Vault - http://www.wargamevault.com/product/110359/Mayhem

All my figures are based for HotT. I have had one battle of Mayhem using them and found no problem with having the differing bases for the different types. I have however invested in just a few more figures which I have put on round bases to show them as characters.

Hugh
I don\'t know whether to be a good example or a horrible warning.

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2014, 07:23:22 PM »
IIRC the square bases make it easier to 'square up' units for combat, on flanks etc. But as everyone else says, it's not a strict rule if you've got rectangle-based units.

Offline VoodooInk

• Scientist
    • bombshell-games.com
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2014, 08:01:49 PM »
Did this ever make it to print?
A print edition will be coming out once the final update of the STRONGHOLD expansion material is added. I wanted to make sure all the material was included and up to date before going to print to avoid having multiple hard copy versions out there. If you pick up the PDF now, then you'll lock-in the current price and get all the updates to the digital version free of charge. ;)
'HAVOC... it's okay to wreak a little!'    <a href="http://www.bombshell-games.com/>bombshell games[/url]

Offline Skipp

• Bookworm
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2014, 10:05:47 AM »
A print edition will be coming out once the final update of the STRONGHOLD expansion material is added. I wanted to make sure all the material was included and up to date before going to print to avoid having multiple hard copy versions out there. If you pick up the PDF now, then you'll lock-in the current price and get all the updates to the digital version free of charge. ;)

Thanks for this, do you have a potential timeline for it?

Offline VoodooInk

• Scientist
    • bombshell-games.com
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2014, 05:09:33 PM »
Thanks for this, do you have a potential timeline for it?
The playtesting and last bits of fine tuning are complete, and I'm now putting the rules in their final form and doing the layout. I shouldn't be too long, but I can't give you a more specific timeline than that.

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2014, 02:33:18 AM »
The playtesting and last bits of fine tuning are complete, and I'm now putting the rules in their final form and doing the layout. I shouldn't be too long, but I can't give you a more specific timeline than that.

I will patiently wait for the printed edition before I (very likely) get that [and the pdf at the same time] because I am reading THW's Rally Round the King rules right now.

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline VoodooInk

• Scientist
    • bombshell-games.com
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2014, 03:11:48 AM »
I will patiently wait for the printed edition before I (very likely) get that [and the pdf at the same time]
I'll make sure to create a nice bundle deal to reward your patience Glenn! :D