Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:22:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691142
  • Total Topics: 118376
  • Online Today: 905
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Herring Jävlar! PICS! AND TEXT! 11/9 p 16  (Read 40068 times)

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
Re: Herring Jävlar
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 11:41:54 AM »
It's looking great, Skander.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 01:20:53 PM »
And if the last part is true, you wouldn't mind going to game next time I'm in London? At the Den?

Of course.
 :)

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 12:45:56 PM »
I have to go for a lung x-ray soon so swapping smoking for snus might be a damm good move.
Its a bloody deal then!
Unless the postage is a zillion bucks, than I'll pass ;)
I'm sending you a PM.

By the way, I really want to do this little cabin (it is actually owned by my father in laws cousin). But I'm unsure how practical it will be to build :/
And no worries, a WIP is showing tonight on another small lighthouse.

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2013, 05:57:47 PM »
A quick update on the third build.

Since I had some tube left after the first lighthouse, I decided to make another one. However, being a strange person, I limited myself by using only "left over". Which meant, scrounging through the "build box" and finding all the stuff needed. Hence the rather strange shape of the island. I think I did it for a 15 mm project 10 years ago, and thought it would be a good idea to do something with it after all this time. The plastic card is cut aways that I've managed to puzzle to full pieces :)
However, I couldn't find some railing, so I bought that ::)

Front side. The plan is to build the farthers platform into some kind of viewing point with a proper spyglass. I've barely begun the lighthouse. At the moment it only got a coat of filler and some plastic card wrapped around for the top and bottom. Still a bit unsure what to do with the top par, but I assume that will get sorted somehow.

Back side. It's hard to see, but the two grey details are supposed to be U-bolts.

And with some minis for scale.

Offline tomek917

• Mad Scientist
    • Anabasis
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2013, 06:00:37 PM »
If you are going to Stocholm any time soon make sure to check out Liljevalchs vårsalonger, it's a really cool art exhibition but one thing made me think of this project. It was a 1:40 scale model of a fictional archipelago, it was so cool I could have looked at it all day...but my girlfriend draggede away...

Anyway, I snapped some photos of it (crap pictures from my phone + the diorama was set at night so no lights...)

I also found some photos (way better than mine) on the artist own homepage
http://www.magnuspetersson-art.com/photos/arkipelagen/index.php?i=1

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
Re: Herring Jävlar - WIP Update 2/2 2013
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2013, 06:01:44 PM »
And now you've ruined my project :(

;)

Offline tomek917

• Mad Scientist
    • Anabasis
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2013, 06:08:51 PM »
And now you've ruined my project :(

;)

No no, yours is way cooler, you've got zombies!   8)

I like the new lighthouse! Continue! At once!  ;)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2013, 07:31:15 PM »
Loving the WIP on this, Silversixx.
 :-*

I really like where this is going.

I also think it is a great idea that are sticking to only using what you already have.
I am going to try and use this rule with my Mordheim project in future, I think I have enough bits and pieces to keep me going for a while.
 ;)

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2013, 07:41:16 PM »
No no, yours is way cooler, you've got zombies!   8)

I like the new lighthouse! Continue! At once!  ;)

No worries :) I will take a closer look at your link and get som inspiration :) The GB-Clown will get some attention from me as well ;)

@Mason:
It's great in theory, but, you fully well know that it's impossible. Unless you buy everything you want, and then build after that. I would call that cheating, but I do consider it lol

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
Re: Herring Jävlar - New Light house! 16/2 2013
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2013, 10:02:16 PM »
Well then, I managed to finish this one as well (I'm on a roll!).
If I've known how much more work I managed to get into this piece after the WIP, I've might have taken another shot just to show what an idiot I am when it comes to complicating things. I've basically added details. That means, I've taken a lot of bad decisions. It would take half a book just to point them out, but my favourite is that I cut of the rods at the platform, and after having done that, I realised that I needed to do some railing... Needless to say, there's been a lot of cursing and drilling into the existing rods... I was also drunk during some parts of this build, and instead of going to bed and try to get some snuggle action with the missus (and getting sent to the sofa with a kick in the holy parts), I built... This wouldn't be a problem usually, but a alcohol can mess up the perception, so a lot of the rods aren't that straight. In fact, if you take a close look, you'll see that they're all crooked. Good job there, good job...

But, anyway, here it is! The second light house. Built with stuff I already had at home.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2013, 10:09:40 PM »
Loving the new addition, mate.

You have done a wonderful job, drunk or not.
The weathering and detailing is excellent, and the plant growth looks spot on.

Nice work, looking forward to the next update....

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2013, 10:10:16 PM »
I rather like that and considering it was 15mm originally it doesn't scale too badly  8)

The weathering is great  :-*

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2013, 10:22:08 PM »
My project continues, and with the plan in mind with just recycle and build new stuff with materials already at hand, I rummaged through one of several boxes (oh dear, I hope that mrs Sixx doesn't read this thread, or else she'll discover that the storage boxes named "School books etc" holds something else...) and found an old lorry that Commander Vyper sent me about 200 years ago. I had plans for it, but those dimished as usual. However, I realised that I could cannibalise it for parts. So the tyres and other details were taken of, which also included the tank on the back. Found some cut away pieces (never through these away good folks, they're bloody awesome when you have to do small pieces of terrain) and set to work.
This is all the pieces on the workbench

And this the back, after some gluing and cursing (the last part is the actual theme to this thread).

Finally, the front. In all its bloody dull glory...

There's no end to this update, so I'll continue.

Mason told me that he had some Wargames factory vixens and he said that I could had them for free! I'm most thankful for this (even if my retelling of this story is rather dull). I had the rudeness in me to ask for some Studio miniature zombies as well (there's some saying of being gracious of stuff being given, but that's for vile Soviets and their likes!). The problem occurs when I joke about doing a massive light house, but (thankfully!) not having the right materials. Mason mentioned something about a tube, but I never really took it seriously...
So one day, it arrived (well, I had been pestering Mason about the post offices being bastards for a week) it arrived. What I believe will be my nemesis, or my mountain to climb. It's bloody big anyway!

Some lovely outdoor furniture. Maybe for the local hot dog stand?

Fence

Zombies from Studio Minatures

Vixens. Oh dear, look how tiny those arms are :'(

Some more stuff, the door will be used in another project (sorry Mason!)

I have great plans for this tube, or to be light house. What those are the future will tell though!

And, alas, the last thing. I broke my promise (a bit!) and realised that I've run out of larger ground bases to put my stuff on. Can't really do an island on a piece of plastic card that's 12x12 cm now can you?
So I went and picked up my package today. Being an idiot, and probably very unaware how tall a metre really is,I expected a small normal sized box with some stuff in it. Well, if you order 20 metres of balsa wood thats sold by the metre, you won't get a small box.

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2013, 10:29:31 PM »
Loving the new addition, mate.

You have done a wonderful job, drunk or not.
The weathering and detailing is excellent, and the plant growth looks spot on.

Nice work, looking forward to the next update....

Cheers mate!
I'm pretty proud of the weathering. It's funny that I always start with a lot of swearing, cursing and vile anger attacks and all the sudden it turns from rubbish to awesome. I believe it's called magic through fear.
I will try to get a better close up when the daylight arrives. The lamps I use wash away so much at the moment.

I rather like that and considering it was 15mm originally it doesn't scale too badly  8)

The weathering is great  :-*

cheers

James
Cheers James!
It was meant to be a part of a small mountainesque hillesque thingy that you could move around. That project died when the person in charge got a girlfriend and finally lost his virginity at the age of 37. We have never heard from him again...

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2013, 08:49:00 AM »
This looks gorgeous, Skander. I tend to be a little timid when I paint my rusts ans shy away from a orange highlight although it is recommended by the expert. It looks really good!