Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 11:12:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Herring Jävlar! PICS! AND TEXT! 11/9 p 16  (Read 40456 times)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: Herring Jävlar! Quick sneak peak of a lot of painted stuff 4/8 p 15
« Reply #210 on: August 04, 2014, 01:01:37 PM »
All will be very logical later on, Paul lol

Logical!?!

Where you are concerned, I find  that difficult to believe.
 :D

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #211 on: August 04, 2014, 08:55:01 PM »
Don't know how I missed this thread its all awesome!

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #212 on: August 04, 2014, 09:01:13 PM »
That looks like Vikings vs. !!!  ;) :D ;D lol
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
  • A rising star in the hierarchy of Hell.
    • Fends in Waistcoats
« Reply #213 on: August 04, 2014, 10:47:46 PM »
No idea what it is but I like it!

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #214 on: August 05, 2014, 11:53:07 AM »
That looks like Vikings vs. !!!  ;) :D ;D lol
Tss. Danish Viking Re-enactors! :D A bunch of chakn smoking vandals up to no good. And especially made for you! So, prepare some tactics for Jens-Preben, Jens-Morten, Jens-Søren, Jens-Mads and Jens-Flemming.
Don't know how I missed this thread its all awesome!
Thank you :)
No idea what it is but I like it!
Cheers! :)

Now off to clean and prine some evil Bavarians and their pack of flesh eating seals...

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #215 on: August 05, 2014, 12:46:20 PM »
Now off to clean and prine some evil Bavarians and their pack of flesh eating seals...

o_o o_o

There is certainly something fishy in the air where you live.
 :D

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #216 on: August 05, 2014, 03:20:04 PM »
I promise to do a proper write up with references to local humour, populare culture and what not ;)

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #217 on: September 09, 2014, 07:57:24 PM »

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Re: Herring Jävlar! Quick sneak peak 10/9 p 16
« Reply #218 on: September 09, 2014, 10:44:03 PM »
Tease.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #219 on: September 09, 2014, 10:55:42 PM »
Tease.

Yup!

Aint he terrible?

Come on, man.
Pull yer finger out!
 ;D ;D ;D

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
    • Fends in Waistcoats
« Reply #220 on: September 10, 2014, 03:16:55 AM »
Very cool.

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #221 on: September 10, 2014, 03:56:52 AM »
Looks great mate! Look forward to more ;) :)
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #222 on: September 11, 2014, 06:23:38 PM »
Thanks guys :)
The reason there are no pics are easy: I took them with a camera which at the moment is somewhere in the Northern Sea on an oil rig :/

However, I can write some silly background and have some more pics from Anpu :)

The first game (the pic above) was the first ever game. I used a mish-mash of different stuff from Ganesha. But Mostly Flying Lead and Mutants and Death Ray Guns.
The pic is taken about 2 minutes before the Jens-Flemming, leader of the Danish Viking Re-enactors, orders Jens-Torven, the fake ginger and Swedish Spy in disguise, to fire his RPG on the oncoming Inhults (who were on a mission to find their missing brother who, the other day, got bitten by a very strange fish). In the resulting chaos, the Utbults (they can be spotted in the upper corner) had decided to kill Glenn-Henrik, all-father and leader of the Inhults. Chaos reigned while the Aquanauts, led by their fierce leader Jack Koster (famous ocean explorer and inventor of the Aqua Liver), went on their mission to kill of other characters (their mission was to get a lot of weapons to finish of an enemy sighted). Unfortunately, 'Post-Apocalypto' isn't the most reliable of ships, so it it got stranded almost directly...

That was the first game. Then I had another 4 games, until sunday morning when I hosted the crew of Hjärnor (The best zombie rules ever written, no discussion) and their exploration of the wild post-apocalyptic archepelago.
If you spot well, and you really have to since it's painted blue, there's an old wrecked ship in the middle. This is the ship 'Götheborg' which was built as an exact copy of the old ship that sunk in the harbour in 17-something. After going for a trip to China, and the world, she was safely anchored until the comet struck and uplifted here into the harbour.
This is of course of great importance for the Swedish Karoliner Society, whom, directly after the fog cleared, sent an expedition to find the precious ship, and it's precious cargo of Special Edition plates (that fetches a hefty price on ebay).
Utter chaos as always, and the game ended with the Karoliners (with their deadly muskets) getting swamped by zombies while the Utbults, cunning as they are, collected enough loot to get of board.
All pics from Anpu.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 06:43:57 PM by Silversixx »

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
    • Fends in Waistcoats
Re: Herring Jävlar! PICS! AND TEXT! 11/9 p 16
« Reply #223 on: September 11, 2014, 07:12:51 PM »
Simply fantastic!  :-*

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
Re: Herring Jävlar! PICS! AND TEXT! 11/9 p 16
« Reply #224 on: September 11, 2014, 07:27:15 PM »
Cheers! Here are the nine mission cards the players where given at the beginning of the game. These were of course hidden.
To win the game, the players had to get 60 points. This was either achieved with finding loot (I'll sort out all the tables I used in another post after this), the "mission" points or the secret mission points. It did ensure chaos. Just like I want it!

1. Brother where art though
Your brother, the always so jolly Glenn-Göran got bitten by a peculiar fish. In a fever delirium he took the spare boat and set out into the archepelago to find himself.
Mission:
Get your brother. There's a risk that he is not very well, and then you'll have to do something about it.
If you find him and bring him off board you get 30 points. Or 60 if he's alive...

2. Get the bastards out of here!
Summer guest! Disgusting summer guests are squatting in your familys old house. While they claim, to no avail, that they bought the place and have the papers to support it we all know the truth; They are squatting. And they're from the city.
Mission: Kick the bastards out. If you succeed, you get 30 points

3. The english navy has been spotted at Vinga
Somethings going on beyond Vinga. Your family needs to collect even more weapons and loot to fend of the coming invaders.
Mission:
For every opponent model you kill and are within one "medium" lenght, you score 10 points

4. My island, my castle
This is heaven. A perfect spot for fishing. And looting. Unfortunately, some other low-lifes have come to the same conclusion, and it is up to you, oh fair castle owner, to fend them of.

Mission:
At the end of the game, if there is no-one else on the island, except you of course (counting beasts and opponents), you score 30 points

5. The Bastard
For years he has been harassing you. Nit-picking on your fishing, your bait and equipment. And now, oh dear, he has crossed the line. You are out to avenge all those years of bullying. Get him, and just rub your boots on his face.
Mission: Nominate an mini owned by another player. If you kill it, get 30 points

6. No more loot!
During a fierce party of extreme drunken character, your cousin Glenn-Boris (most famous for him being the most drunk in partys with an extreme drunken character) managed to toss all your precious loot into a whirwind that suddenly manifested. The bad luck!
Mission:
You need more loot. For every loot card, double its value

7. Move your arse!
The boat is getting way to small for your ever expanding family and realm. So you need to find a new, and better one! Or perhaps build one with looted parts?
Mission:
Either find a new boat. Or loot for spare parts.
If you manage to steal an opponents boat, gain 60 points. If you find three spare parts, get 30 points.

8. Anticoagulanting
Well, there is a small issue. You need to get some new blood in the family, or there will be yet another batch of very special kids. And you can't really feed them all to your tame lasersharks now can you?
So, you need to find some suitable mating partners and ensure that your bloodline stays strong. Even though it has to be a bit brackish for a generation or two...

Mission:
You have to capture an opponents model. If you win a combat and get the "kill" result, you can carry the model off board and get 45 points.

9. Easy Greasy
Oh damnation! You've ran out of both spare parts and more importantly, grease! Fortunately, there's a flock of seals nearby where you can both find a lot of spare parts, and more importantly, a lot of grease.
Mission. Find the seals. And win the ensuring battle. If you manage to win, you get 30 points. If you are Norwegian, you automatically win the game. Even if someone claims otherwise.