Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:49:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689752
  • Total Topics: 118293
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) WARZONE - Resurrection  (Read 133607 times)

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Re: WARZONE - Resurrection
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 04:45:22 PM »
They already have a website, but are using it properly...
http://warzonegame.com/warzone-resurrection/
 :o ::)
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - http://www.adpublishing.de

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2013, 09:06:41 PM »
Hi Agis,

http://www.facebook.com/WarzoneResurrection

This is the correct Facebook page. I have expressed the importance of having easy access. It is still very much in development, but development for this project is quite fast. The designs are much closer to the old artwork and there are some incredibly skilled craftsmen working on it.

I'm glad you found the website, I was going to post it, but there's not much to see there just yet.

Keep your eyes peeled, I'll get on them to update the website!!!

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2013, 09:26:43 PM »
This message was meant for Frothers, but it's not letting me guest post. I've just made an account now, but have to wait for it to get activated.

Hi guys, sorry for the lack of info at this stage, I wasn't quite sure how much information I was allowed to give!

Right:

Q. Are the old miniatures making a comeback?
A. No, these are completely new miniatures, with a great effort to bring them in line with modern designs, whilst still keeping in tune with the original artwork which WILL be used again as it hasn't aged like the miniatures.

Q. Who is behind Prodos Games?
A. Some folks from the UK who were big fans of the original game that felt disappointed when the game died. We've worked really hard to get this liscense and it's important we do it justice. We also understand the disappointment that failure could bring customers and every effort is being made to ensure the success of this project, with a modern market being kept in mind at all times.
Jarek Ever and Mark Rapson are the driving force, with a supporting base of friends, including professional Miniature Designers, Rules developers, Graphic Designers and writers. We're a creative group of mates!

Q. What scale will the miniatures be?
A. Heroic 28mm. Modern standard (i.e. GW, Warmachine, Malifaux, Dark Age, Etc)

Q. Can I still use my old miniatures in the new game?
A. Yes indeed, but given the new designs, you won't want to!

Q. What material are the models made of?
A. High Quality Plastic and eventually Resin too, but they are going to be priced accordingly. This is going to make the game very accessible, but still have a 'hobby' aspect rather than pre-painted, collectable (as has recently been attempted with the Mutant Chronicles Liscense).

Q. How will the miniatures be produced?
A. An odd one, but important. These are 3D printed... I know, I know, WHAAAAAT?! But 3D printing looks F*** ugly and the texture is horrible! Well, last year a new printer was developed that creates beatiful, smooth textures in high quality plastic, replicating the 3D sculpt perfectly. Not only are they incredibly cost effective, but the material is still high quality, check out the pictures on the facebook page (you don't have to be a member to view AFAIK).

I hope that helps you out, please keep asking questions and those of you that do have Facebook, please follow this link: http://www.facebook.com/WarzoneResurrection#!/WarzoneResurrection?fref=ts

A website is in production, but there's nothing there at the moment. Keep an eye out, but I will make sure to keep you updated.
http://warzonegame.com/warzone-resurrection/

Cheers for your patience, I had a day at work in between posting this morning and now!!! :)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 09:37:51 PM by rob_alderman »

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2013, 09:30:53 PM »
Oh and someone has posted how Prodos has not got any ties with the community on the Excelsior Entertainment Forum, registration has been denied! Could someone post this info there on the behalf of Prodos for the time being?

Offline Ajsalium

• Mad Scientist
    • Role 'n' Roll
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2013, 09:40:09 PM »
I have copy-pasted your informative post above in Frothers, because I see the old forum is playing tricks again. :?
Blog updated Jan 21st
ROLE 'N' ROLL

Tell the truth, do what's right, and face the consequences. -Me.

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2013, 11:45:30 PM »
Not a problem matey. The website will be up and running as part of the trailer coming on the 15th. :)

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2013, 11:55:19 PM »
Rob,you mention the 3d printing thing; if any of you are aware Andrew Rae is using this system now,and as far as I'm concerned Andrew's sculpts are still fantastic and importantly still look like Andrew's figures,so I have high hopes for the new Warzone figures.
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2013, 12:08:00 AM »
Glad to hear that, I am expecting a little flak here and there for the choice, but it is just so viable for a project like this. It might be worth pointing out, the 3D printing is to create a Master which will then be moulded for casting in plastic (and perhaps later resin, for some kits, we'll see).

Anyway, today's update (03/02/13) comes in this form!

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2013, 12:36:02 AM »
Nice!

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2013, 12:50:15 AM »
Ohhh... Very cool, indeed. If the figs are anything like the concepts, I'll be all over this. Thanks for the heads-up.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2013, 12:56:56 AM »
I never really got into the old Warzone stuff...but I'd definitely like to see the minis when they're released.  Generic baddies/goodies and post-apocalyptic stuff is always useful.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Hydra

• Bookworm
    • Hydra Miniatures
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2013, 01:55:52 AM »
Rob:

Do the Warzone: Resurrection rules feature a whole new system of mechanics?  Or are they based on the earlier sets of rules?
Matt Beauchamp
Hydra Miniatures
www.hydraminiatures.com

Offline Roebeast45

• Mad Scientist
    • Roebeast's Magical House of Sunshine
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2013, 02:21:00 AM »
"Q. Are the old miniatures making a comeback?
A. No, these are completely new miniatures, with a great effort to bring them in line with modern designs, whilst still keeping in tune with the original artwork which WILL be used again as it hasn't aged like the miniatures. "

Solid. Paul Bonner's art was the main reason that I got into this game and I'd love to see some faithful adaptations of it in miniature.
"This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure."

-- Winston Churchill

Visit Roebeast's Magical House of Sunshine! http://roebeast.blogspot.com/
And RSquared Studios: www.rsquaredcomics.com

Offline TwoGunBob

• Scientist
    • It's a band thingy I play in
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2013, 03:40:13 AM »
As I said on Frothers if the Feb 15th splash is a kickstarter based on a few digital renders I will be horribly disappointed. I love Warzone to death but honestly after the game has killed over so many times it's going to have to be solid, quality product on the table to get my purse strings opened. Honestly I'm sick to death of kickstarters and hope they'll go the route of making tangible product and then promoting it rather than promoting some computer pictures and asking people to take a risk that the 3D printing thing isn't going to turn out play-doh soft detail on figures.

If the 15th is WOO-HOO Warzone kickstarter!!!!!111!!!one! I'll be one sad panda.

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2013, 08:25:36 AM »
Rob:

Do the Warzone: Resurrection rules feature a whole new system of mechanics?  Or are they based on the earlier sets of rules?

Hi Matt (?), I'm afraid I can't say at this stage! :)

Ohhh... Very cool, indeed. If the figs are anything like the concepts, I'll be all over this. Thanks for the heads-up.

The concepts we've shown ARE the figs! :)

As I said on Frothers if the Feb 15th splash is a kickstarter based on a few digital renders I will be horribly disappointed. I love Warzone to death but honestly after the game has killed over so many times it's going to have to be solid, quality product on the table to get my purse strings opened. Honestly I'm sick to death of kickstarters and hope they'll go the route of making tangible product and then promoting it rather than promoting some computer pictures and asking people to take a risk that the 3D printing thing isn't going to turn out play-doh soft detail on figures.

If the 15th is WOO-HOO Warzone kickstarter!!!!!111!!!one! I'll be one sad panda.

This is an opinion shared with the production team. It's really important to produce this in the best possible light. It has to be fine-tuned and carefully developed consistently throughout. It's a challenge, but the people involved have enough confidence to make it happen.