Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:42:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690841
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) WARZONE - Resurrection  (Read 133663 times)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: WARZONE - Resurrection
« Reply #855 on: September 16, 2013, 06:15:51 PM »
i dont mind an average PJ,what bothers me is Stuff like this,i mean really wtf are they?the New Martian Banshees?Ridiculous really  >:( >:(

They look more like a skinny version of the Immaculate Fury of old, to be honest.
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Dr.Falkenhayn

• Mastermind
  • guckst du?
« Reply #856 on: September 16, 2013, 06:26:19 PM »
They look more like a skinny version of the Immaculate Fury of old, to be honest.

with Capitol Rifles?  ;)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #857 on: September 16, 2013, 06:35:12 PM »
with Capitol Rifles?  ;)

As I wrote, skinny. Apart from the rifles, nothing really says 'Mutant Chronicles Capitol'.

As I have stated before, to me, much of the strength of the setting was in the cheesy toungue-in-cheek cliché-ish self-ironic cartoonishness of the as well graphic as written presentations of the universe. I simply cannot find that in minis like most of these.

Offline Torben

• Scientist
  • Scatterbrained Wargamer!
« Reply #858 on: September 16, 2013, 06:38:39 PM »
Sigh... the more I look at it, the more horrible it becomes. And it saddens me, because I had really hoped for Warzone to finally get out of it's limbo and back into general publication and consumption. Ah well, not this time either - perhaps it's best to let it go to rest, peacefully :)

Offline Ajsalium

• Mad Scientist
    • Role 'n' Roll
« Reply #859 on: September 16, 2013, 07:28:35 PM »
You do know that you can still buy the sculpts from Prince August, don't you?

Or were you expecting Prodos to just buy the molds from Prince August?

???
Blog updated Jan 21st
ROLE 'N' ROLL

Tell the truth, do what's right, and face the consequences. -Me.

Offline Torben

• Scientist
« Reply #860 on: September 16, 2013, 09:32:39 PM »
You do know that you can still buy the sculpts from Prince August, don't you?

Or were you expecting Prodos to just buy the molds from Prince August?

???

No, but I was hoping that they - to some extend - would look like the old Warzone miniatures. I mean, we are talking about dreaming here, right? ;)

I know full well that they can be picked up at Prince August; I was just hoping that with Prodos, a kickstarter and some more exposure then this setting would get out to the public in the likes of Warmachine, Malifaux and Warhammer and thus giving me a new - and better - choice for a consumer-game to play :)

Offline Prodos

• Assistant
« Reply #861 on: September 16, 2013, 11:02:56 PM »
Gentlemen, let me firstly state that the painting you are currently running down is not official Warzone Resurrection painting, instead that of a fan! I really think to be so aggressively nasty about another's ability is really unkind!

Equally, when we shared some early casts with a member on here, he deliberately tried to make WZR models look tiny by photographing them next to an old and yet converted (to make taller) old model. We trusted that he would show them in a fair light, we were proven wrong.

We have model professionally painted and currently at over 9.2 on C'MON.tommorow I will post them here.

As for the statements regarding, tOo many renders not enough models. This project started 7 months ago and now has over 200 different sculpt, most of which are in productions ( the rest will be by the end of the month). In the good old days, this line would not even be launched yet, but due to KS, we have all known about it for a long while before launch and people have kindly pledged to get It out here.

Remember this is A new version of WZ not the old. The old has always been here and is still available in model and rule form, like the old play the old, like the new play the new. But why the need to be so dismissive of something a lot of people are excited about and something a lot of people have worked very hard on? If you don't like it (whether it be old or new WZ or something else) leave it alone and go and get positive and excited about something you do!

7 months! With lots done and a lot yet to do
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 11:14:32 PM by Prodos »

Offline Torben

• Scientist
« Reply #862 on: September 16, 2013, 11:36:21 PM »
Gentlemen, let me firstly state that the painting you are currently running down is not official Warzone Resurrection painting, instead that of a fan! I really think to be so aggressively nasty about another's ability is really unkind!

This I can fully understand and I do think people are a bit too harsh in their critizing the paintjobs. But the problem, as is, is that these paintjobs are part of the first unveiling of a new series of miniatures that has a lot of high hopes going for it. It is the standard procedure to showcase your models with paintjobs that do not obscure the details - fanmade or otherwise.

Equally, when we shared some early casts with a member on here, he deliberately tried to make WZR models look tiny by photographing them next to an old and yet converted (to make taller) old model. We trusted that he would show them in a fair light, we were proven wrong.

I know this isn't the picture you are referring to, but to me this showcase fairly and squarely what said member recieved from you, without any photographic tricks of the sort; I assume that the other picture referred to was taken solely to underline his statement about these miniatures being too slender when compared to other brands (not only WZ1st & 2nd) out there - you know, a fully normal scale shot.

As for the statements regarding, tOo many renders not enough models...

People are distrustful of vaporware issues when it comes to renders; there have been a lot of false starts in this here hobby when it comes to 3D-printing and prototype-renders and what not. So, when the end result is shaky and have a tendency to be hyped out of porportions, then I can fully see why people lament about the number of renders vs. actual models.

Remember this is A new version of WZ not the old. The old has always been here and is still available in model and rule form, like the old play the old, like the new play the new. But why the need to be so dismissive of something a lot of people are excited about and something a lot of people have worked very hard on? If you don't like it (whether it be old or new WZ or something else) leave it alone and go and get positive and excited about something you do!

While I do applaud the sentiment at the end of this text, then I'd like to remind you, sir, that this is an independent (of sorts) publicly available forum for discussion of all things mininatures related. It's a good one and there's a lot of posters here - and thus also viewers - which makes it a good place to showcase miniatures. However, the caveat is that baring actual copyright theft or similar unlawful acts, then you're free to talk about stuff as you see fit and please. Now, we're all gentlemen here, but it should still be okay for any consumer, on a public forum, to state their opinion on something!

Granted, there can be a call for more civil comments, but in short, it is to be expected that people are going to either like or dislike any given product, paintjob, conversion or what have you. Especially when you, as a company, decide to revive an old franchise that still has a lot of die-hard fans out there on the internet. I'm sorry, but if you feel it is unfair for people to compare your version of Warzone to the old version, then you should never have attempted to relaunch it in the first place. It is a stigma that will continue to follow it, especially since there's not really that much new under the sun for this version of Warzone. I mean, there are no new mega-corps, no new dark gods, no alternate timeline or what have you. To my eyes and mind, it's a relaunch, with re-sculpts; fair enough, but that doesn't make it new, as such.

(this was a jab at me, either getting on or getting off which has since been edited away from prosperity, which in my mind is a terrible shame)

See, this is where I can't help myself but to get on my high horse and don the white knight armor.

The attitude that was presented in the edited part was most likely a result of tempers running hot, which I can fully understand when you have worked hard and long on something only to have an old fan, like me, dismiss it. But how exactly is that helping your company?

Sure - if I was going out, spamming my views across all manner of forums and mailinglists and what not, you know, deliberately trying to derail your campaign for a new Warzone, then I could understand a defensive stance. However, I am only expressing my viewpoints and my nagging feeling of this being hyped out of porportions to promote a quick sell and hope it'll pass muster long enough to keep a company afloat.

That's not company policy? Then why the need to defend every little critiscm in such a manner that I find myself being rather uneasy about dealing with all of this in the first place? It brings to mind the saying: "If there's smoke...", and I'm now looking for the fire. Warzone is stigmatized already by having burned a lot of FLGS and distributors back in ye olden times, not helped at all when the Ultimate Edition or Fantasy Flights' whatever-it-was. In short, Warzone now has such a stigmatized ring to it in the consumers mind (or, at the very least in the stores) that it has a lot of reputation to live up to.

So, when I as a fan hear that a new company, with new ideas and all that is finally attempting once more to relaunch a beloved franchise I cannot help but be distrustful, yet hopeful, as to what this relaunch will entail. But then, when you see the actual product and you find it to be sub-par, then you cannot help but voice your feelings towards said product; especially since you had hoped for it to succeed!

It is not meant to be a bashing for the bashings sake, but it was intended to be a voicing of my opinion with which you could have done two things with: Ignore it or take it to heart. Either would have been just fine, dandy and to be expected really. It's subjective after all, and thus you cannot win said argument in any way.

However.

When you choose to get defensive then I can't help but wonder what it is that makes it worth your time to respond to. And that alone is what makes me back out of this all together now. I'm not much for slandering any product, but I do like to voice my own opinion, on a public forum, if I so choose.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 11:51:59 PM by Torben »

Offline Dr.Falkenhayn

• Mastermind
  • guckst du?
« Reply #863 on: September 17, 2013, 12:30:31 AM »

yeah blame Agis,or Rob or anyone  ::)

We have model professionally painted and currently at over 9.2 on C'MON.tommorow I will post them here.

so what?If your Minis only shine with a Pro pj then they're still useless to me  :'(

This project started 7 months ago and now has over 200 different sculpt, most of which are in productions ( the rest will be by the end of the month)

yep,and thats how they look like-rushed  :? Not to mention the Design Changes,the Scale Changes,the "these aren't final-they'll look much better" Slogans...

But why the need to be so dismissive of something a lot of people are excited about and something a lot of people have worked very hard on? If you don't like it (whether it be old or new WZ or something else) leave it alone and go and get positive and excited about something you do!

Sorry,not trying to being rude here,just honest  ::) Like i said before i'm really looking forward to the Vehicles,and the Rules of course.  :)

Offline madzerker

• Bookworm
« Reply #864 on: September 17, 2013, 02:18:33 AM »
I agree with the sentiments about there should be better paintjobs in the beginning. You have put a lot of money into this project and I think 95% of the models rock. So to send them out to fans that do a normal human paintjob on them does not help your product hype. You should get the models painted professionally before you have them seen on the internet (even if that means not sending people minis ahead of time except your propainter). Then once you have your version for everyone to see and get excited about then the rest of the normal paintjobs won't hurt your business. For example you have this:
and you have the earlier image of mitch. Both same model but the first one sells your product, the second one doesn't. Don't you want the one from cmon to be the first painted image people see so they can make their opinions on the game? I am super excited about the game, but am just throwing out my unasked for opinion to help it be successful. (btw I think the one photo of mitch shows that they are great minis)

Offline madzerker

• Bookworm
« Reply #865 on: September 17, 2013, 02:19:53 AM »
well I obviously don't know how to post pictures, the image I was trying to show was at http://www.coolminiornot.com/339948

Offline Prodos

• Assistant
« Reply #866 on: September 17, 2013, 07:11:04 AM »
yeah blame Agis,or Rob or anyone  ::)

so what?If your Minis only shine with a Pro pj then they're still useless to me  :'(

So what your saying is not professional photos and not fan either!? So where in the middle?

Offline Prodos

• Assistant
« Reply #867 on: September 17, 2013, 07:30:02 AM »
Torben

Thank you for your extensive reply, yes I'll be honest your negativity did upset me and the general attack at the painter on here did upset me! We know this lad and his passion is massive for WZR. As an individual he doesn't need such negativity poured towards him, that is all ill say.

Regarding sizes etc. yes I'm sure you do know what picture I'm talking about ;)
Being on KS does allow people to see all the teething issues a new project has, and yes I strongly believe we are at a stage before pre launch at the moment, but people have know of this from a very very early stage. But equally if it wasn't for KS Warzone wouldn't be back in the size that it is! A double edged sword in some regards I think. Some things get resized, others redesigned and others tweaked, these models have been resized long ago!

Vapourware: if you are talking about the fact only photos of models, I understand that. If you are talking only renders, well that just isn't the case!

Hmmm! Nothing new, I beg to differ! There are new characters (Angelika, Hamilkar, Immortal etc), new units (necrobeasts and more to be announced) and some massively expanded or taken beyond a simple line in the old fluff (Hiroko, Nozaki, Drogan, Faraday). Yes I agree it is WZ and set in the MC world, but there's lots of new! Re Timelines and Corps, well......

Offline spacecowsmith

• Librarian
« Reply #868 on: September 17, 2013, 08:23:38 AM »
Hi!

I have t say I'm not seeing any personal attacks on the chap who painted your figs, its more of a disbelief that you aren't showing proper high quality paint jobs from the get go.

You need to be concentrating on giving the new Warzone a fantastic image for new fans to hook onto and old ones to want to try out. Instead the constant use of renders, unpainted resin (with the mould lines still on them) or a paint job that's just not up to promotional standards is really shooting yourself in the foot.

As a long term fan of Warzone, I was hugely excited by the announcement that it was finally getting a reboot but the fact that the digital renders didn't bare any Warzone or mutant chronicles vibe or stylisation to them coupled with nothing but renders until recently put me off backing it in kickstarter.

Now about the first actual sculpts we see are painted by an enthusiastic fan of the new game to a standard that's fine for the tabletop but not for what you should be using to launch and advertise the game just seems a tad silly.

As already mentioned you need to get these figs painted professionally! Take a look at any of the current manufactuers out there, any release they make, especially for a new range or game, they will without fail do it with amazingly painted figures.

Yes it's often unrealistic to expect most painters to get such a high standard but its a marketing tool and gives the rest of us the ooh shiney syndrome. Instead you are getting a decided meh from most of us who are your prospective customers!

The fact that your own website doesn't even seem to have anything but renders isn't helping your cause either. Get some decent painted figs on there and get yourself some positive advertising!

Apologies for the rant!
http://talesfromfarpoint.blogspot.co.uk/

An Adventure in small scale gaming and 2nd Edition 40k!

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #869 on: September 17, 2013, 09:10:22 AM »
But why the need to be so dismissive of something a lot of people are excited about and something a lot of people have worked very hard on? If you don't like it (whether it be old or new WZ or something else) leave it alone and go and get positive and excited about something you do!

And if you don't want comments, why post it on a public forum?

I am entitled to my views and opinions, just like you are to yours.