Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:19:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690646
  • Total Topics: 118342
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) WARZONE - Resurrection  (Read 133633 times)

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
Re: WARZONE - Resurrection
« Reply #885 on: September 20, 2013, 09:31:10 AM »
With a project like Warzone, there was always going to be divided opinion.

There was always going to be the core fanbase that wanted the old game to be revived, along with miniatures that fitted in perfectly with their existing collections.

There was always going to be people who would not want the heavily 'stylised' miniatures of the past and wanted up to date miniatures instead.

The two factions would take some convincing... and there have been those who have poured a lot of passion (both negative and positive) towards this new Warzone project... and there has been condemnation and praise (as anyone would have expected).

If you are going to embark on a project like this, I would have expected that a 'thick skin' was going to be a required necessity.

However... it is always difficult, no matter how prepared you think you are, when someone picks holes in the things you have poured your life into for the last 'X' amount of years.

And to continue the commander's analogy, even the great Ali got knocked down so no matter how prepared you are, it can still be very tough.

There has to come a time when the courage of your conviction has to take precedence and you get the stuff done, no matter what the comments... otherwise things won't get done. Once it is out there and people have a chance to review it properly, THEN is the time to take note of the feedback.  I think the term in industry is 'continuos improvement'.

Remember... not everyone's favourite colour is blue and there will always be those who demand that blue is the best colour and everyone should just accept it ;).

Offline King Tiger

• Scientist
  • the levels of derp are astounding.
« Reply #886 on: September 21, 2013, 04:55:03 PM »
Now that the moaning has stopped.

I was actually really getting excited thinking about the hero creation system again, I really am hoping the ability to customize is huge, especially wargear, I have an urge to have a Major in the armour of a Hatamoto, armed with a carbine version of the basic rifle (so maybe a 6" range reduction) and a Yari long spear, I'm really hoping its possible to do something like that.

Offline johnl5555

• Librarian
    • Wargamer Printing
« Reply #887 on: September 21, 2013, 08:34:57 PM »
  Not sure about there being much drama. Considering how much drama there was when Excelsior had the license I'd say this is quite tame by any comparison. The KS has been a success and the figs will soon be shipping. I own the rules but have yet to run a game. I'd like to see free downloadable stat sheets for all the troop types not included in the PDF rules.

I'm a very old Warzone 1st edition player and am quite interested in the rules. I haven't bought any of the new figs.....yet. I own 100's of every faction of the older figs. I'd like to get a handle on the new rules before I start buying new stuff.

I wish Prodos all the best. So far, they have done a pretty nice job on what turned out to be a massive response to the original KS.

Thanks,

John

*sigh* I'm glad this episode got sorted out. Eventually.

I loved WZ, taught an after-school program on TTGs, exclusively using squad box sets. I stocked them in the retail section of my game room for years. Ran demos, pick-up games, campaigns. I even supported UWZ and organized a Warzone Patrol Painting Contest one year. I was excited at the prospect of a new iteration. However this little saga radiates too much drama and not enough acumen, IMO. At this point, I'll probably get some of the figs if/when they appear at TheWarstore. But maybe not.
Owner JS Wargamer Printing. 3D printing miniatures, buildings and terrain.
https://wargamerprinting.com/

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #888 on: September 23, 2013, 08:03:41 AM »
I take it that the shipping didn't start last week as projected about 2 weeks ago?

Offline Keeper Nilbog

• Scientist
« Reply #889 on: September 23, 2013, 03:58:57 PM »
No Email yet - I wait patiently for it

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #890 on: September 23, 2013, 04:38:51 PM »
We have started shipping the orders that we can. Obviously as time goes on, we will fulfil all of the orders, but we are doing them bit by bit.  :)

Soon you'll see the results. :)

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #891 on: October 01, 2013, 12:00:04 PM »
So, pictures of the minis painted up are starting to roll in. :)

Offline King Tiger

• Scientist
  • the levels of derp are astounding.
« Reply #892 on: October 01, 2013, 08:10:48 PM »
Yay my mishima ^.^

Online Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #893 on: October 01, 2013, 10:41:34 PM »
oooh! Those look very nice. Solid pj's on well rounded skirmish forces. More please.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #894 on: January 16, 2014, 08:15:50 AM »
The latest KS update has made the WZR rules freely available for download (as a PDF):
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/513277403/mutant-chronicles-warzone-resurrection/posts/720886

Presumably these are the same version as the printed rulebook, haven't got that on hand right now. It's rules only tho, "faction rules" (army lists I assume) will be uploaded "tomorrow".

The update also explains why there are still some people who have not received their stuff. Doesn't explain why Prodos doesn't seem to answer e-mail tho but maybe they are just so super busy that they don't have time to spare even for a brief acknowledgement message :?

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #895 on: January 16, 2014, 08:58:31 AM »
The latest KS update has made the WZR rules freely available for download (as a PDF):
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/513277403/mutant-chronicles-warzone-resurrection/posts/720886

Presumably these are the same version as the printed rulebook,
It is the same version. 8)
I would like to see a printerfriendly version in addition to the pic heavy layout loaded one.
BTW - way to little miniatures shown in the book for my taste! Its a miniatures rule book after all...

And Prodos now have a LOT of nice minis to show.
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - https://www.adpublishing.de

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #896 on: January 16, 2014, 04:06:23 PM »
I would like to see a printerfriendly version in addition to the pic heavy layout loaded one
Printer friendly versions are few and far between... I wasn't expecting the "two page spread" format tho, which makes this a little quirky to use on the 'puter.

ETA - faction rules are now up too:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/513277403/mutant-chronicles-warzone-resurrection/posts/722441
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 08:34:30 AM by tnjrp »