Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:07:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690833
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Warmachines  (Read 1789 times)

Offline racm32

• Mastermind
    • Wyndehurst Productions
Warmachines
« on: January 25, 2013, 09:45:42 PM »
put some pics of my figures for Warmachines on my blog http://wyndehurstproductions.blogspot.co.uk/ I would call the game more of a steampunk game then VSF though

Offline snitcythedog

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Snitchys blog
Re: Warmachines
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 04:32:55 AM »
I have not seen much on the Warmachine side here on the VSF board.  Unfortunately for you, way out there in East Anglia it does not look like there is a big following unless it is either there or on Mildenhall.  If you have not checked it out, Cambridge has a GW by the canal and most of the other stores were closed last time I was there.  It looks like you have a good store up in Skagness though.  Keep hearing it recommended.  If you are looking for players I would look at the Warmachine boards and put a message out there for your area.  There are Warmachine clubs listed on http://www.warmachine.org.uk/.  My local club will be pretty close once I get moved over there.  You might have to drive a bit though to find one.  At least you will have gas rats.   
Snitchy sends.

A bottle of scotch and two aspirin a day will greatly reduce your awareness of heart disease.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"... Mark Twain
http://snitchythedog.blogspot.com

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 04:54:43 PM »
Truly, though, from time to time, there's oft a conversion of some jack to diabolic VSF machine.

The Russians and Prussians might even find uses...

Please do keep us informed on how your rule set comes along.

Doug

Offline Red Orc

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Baffled but happy
    • My new VSF blog:
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 07:57:32 PM »
There was a little bit of Warmachine VSF action during the Atlantis campaign - forces from Spain (Menoth) and Imperial Russia (Kador) came to blows in the north-east part of the Lost Continent. It was ushistoryprof who was running the forces, as his kids have Warmachine armies.

I have a bit of a fondness for them, I must admit. Lovely minis. One of my sky-pirates is a Victoria Haley mini... she's not exactly perfect for VSF, but she's got brass goggles, and what else is important?

Offline racm32

• Mastermind
    • Wyndehurst Productions
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 09:23:20 PM »
I'm actually using vehicles from the game Dust Tactics for the WWI era steampunk game I'm working on

Offline James Holloway

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 11:25:23 PM »
There's a miniatures group based out of the games store near Cineworld in Cambridge (Inner Sanctum), and I believe they do play some Warmachine -- at least, they used to.

I realise that's kind of a tangent; I'm just happy to see someone (kind of) local.

Offline racm32

• Mastermind
    • Wyndehurst Productions
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 10:32:39 AM »
yeah I have been there a few times to buy stuff. Unfortunately there main game night seems to be Monday evening which is very inconvenient for me.