Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:34:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: some Pathfinder minis from my RPG campaign. (New pictures added 2/14/2013)  (Read 4747 times)

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
I'm running a Pathfinder RPG campaign right now, so I wanted to get some of the minis. What started out as a simple "oh what the hell" has turned into a full blown project. Here is a sampling of what all I've been painting. I'm starting with the goblins. Pathfinder goblins are a riot. Viscous and stupid, yet no where near as dumb as the average orc. What's not to love. I start with a group shot of all the little buggers together.

Here is a War Chanter. Basically a magical support type that gets the goblins in a fighting frenzy with disturbingly catchy little tunes.

Then there's the Goblin Commando, riding a Goblin Dog. Goblin dogs aren't actual dogs. Instead they're like giant rats. Goblins hate real dogs.

These are the regular warriors. They carry Dogslicers and Horsechoppers. Goblins also hate Horses.

The last goblin picture is the Goblin Pyros. Goblins love fire.

Here is Shalelu Andosana. She's an important NPC from the Rise of the Runelords campaign.

And this is a Sinspawn. A rather nasty creature that the guys haven't met yet.

And finally we have my character, Marco Black. Not the best miniature out there, but it fit the look I was going for. (Hey, I was going through an Adam Ant phase when my buddy started the campaign. What can I say.)

That's it for now. I'll have some more pictures when I get a couple better shots. (I also don't want to ruin the game for anyone. One of my players visits this forum often.) Let me know what you think.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 04:51:07 PM by Michka »

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: some Pathfinder minis from my RPG campaign.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 06:33:06 PM »
EXCELLENT STUFF! The Pathfinder minis are some of the best pieces Reaper has come up with, AND you did a FINE job bringing them to life. I've been looking at the Goblins for quite awhile now; the OH-SO-COOL ones you've created are making continued resistance futile. All are WONDERFULLY WELL DONE!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline shadowking1957

• Mastermind
    • Shadowkings
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 09:07:56 PM »
brilliant paint work i love pathfinder minis , great collection

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 09:19:57 PM »
Nice ones.

You're playing the Runelord Campaign, I take it? That's one awesome campaign. I had a lot of fun running it. There are some really sick adventure parts in it. I'm looking forward to seeing the minatures painted up.
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 01:05:15 AM »
Everything is sooo well painted! First, I love the bases on these, second the goblins are fantastic (seriously dig the OSL) , they look like they are a blast to paint, especially that little guy riding the rat(?). Then there is the elf, the sinspawn and the fighter type; all great! I hope you have more to post.

Cheers,
 Damien

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 06:28:07 AM »
Love the wary expression on that last fellow.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 11:41:10 AM »
Great work!  Your players are a lucky lot!
Scott P.
http://scott-pyle.tumblr.com/
http://www.four-colorstudios.com/

======
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

--Ernest Hemingway

Offline Suber

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 12:11:50 PM »
Hey, I love them all! :)

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 06:37:43 PM »
Thank you all for the nice compliments. I'm loving these minis. I'm inspired by all the great artwork in the Pathfinder books. I had to buy the first two modules for Rise of the Runelords when I looked through them. I then went out and picked up the hardcover that included all the modules, since some of the originals are getting expensive. Unfortunately I discovered the original adventure path books had different artwork so I had to have both. It's becoming an obsession.

Thank you Deafnala. Your minis inspire me on a regular basis, so praise from you means a lot.

Doomhippie, just last night I ran the encounter in the Sandpoint Glassworks and it was a blast. The group I'm running for is seven people, so I have to double the numbers of goblins most of the time. In the beginning, doubling a few was no problem. The last game I had sixteen goblins running around and it got plenty hairy for the PCs. On the other hand Tsuto couldn't roll a hit for love or money.

Damien, the goblins are simple and fun to paint. This is fortunate because I'll need to paint up some more soon. Sixteen (including the four Mike painted) just isn't enough. I hope to get some better pictures of Tsuto soon. The one I took yesterday was crap. I also have a few surprise characters that I don't dare show off till they've been revealed.

Fourcolorfigs, I'm pretty lucky too. I asked the players to paint up their characters, or get someone to paint one up for them and everyone followed through. Of course I offered extra XP for everyone who brought a painted figure, so that might have had something to do with it. I believe in XP bribery in my role playing games.

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 04:50:18 PM »
Finished up some more Pathfinder minis, and took some more pictures. Here goes

This is another Sinspawn. I've included a picture both figures so you can see the slight modifications I made to the second guy. I'm not looking for a Sinspawn chorus line here.

This is Lyrie Akenja, a magic user found in the Rise of the Runelords.

This is Tsuto Kaijitsu, the half-elf relative of a prominent citizen of Sandpoint.

This is Elyrium, a Quasit.

This is Nualia. You'll have to look up information on her on your own.

This is Queen Ileosa of Korvosa. She's a ,well you get the idea...

And finally, this is a Plague Doctor. I bought this mini before I even knew what Pathfinder was. I just love this mini.

Please let me know what you think.

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
Re: some Pathfinder minis from my RPG campaign. (New pictures added 2/14/2013)
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 06:16:24 PM »
A fantastic collection of minis and some nice painting.
I'm really looking forwards to getting som of the pathfinders minis when the big box from Reaper arrives in a months time.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 08:45:28 PM »
The new Guys/Gals/Thingies are all TERRIFIC minis, FINELY painted & based...I love Ileosa's eyes. VERY WELL DONE!

I cracked & bought the Goblins plus a pack of Mites & a few other beasties...of course, I'm blaming it all on you.

Offline Legion1963

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 09:48:23 PM »

And finally we have my character, Marco Black. Not the best miniature out there, but it fit the look I was going for. (Hey, I was going through an Adam Ant phase when my buddy started the campaign. What can I say.)
Stand and deliver!  8)

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2013, 10:33:11 PM »
Lovely stuff, and the goblins are dripping with character!  Who makes the Pathfinder range?

Offline Bloodsbane

• Scientist
  • AKA FKSN
    • I'm a drawer
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 12:31:49 AM »
It's a joy to see these guys painted up! You've done a great job with them too.