Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 02:10:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Need Help Please...Star Trek Heroclix Questions!!  (Read 1330 times)

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
Need Help Please...Star Trek Heroclix Questions!!
« on: February 24, 2013, 07:17:28 AM »
I hope someone here on LAF can answer the following questions for me concerning the Heroclix Star Trek ships and games:

1) Does the Star Fleet Captains Board Game and Romulan Expansion board game set contain painted miniatures? Are these miniatures plastic or metal? What are the sizes?

2) Are the Star Fleet Captains Board Game and Romulan Expansion board game set miniatures the same miniatures from the Star Trek Tactics Heroclix Sets 1 and 2?

3) Are the Star Trek Tactics Heroclix Sets 1 and 2 miniature ships painted?

4) How do the old micromachine Star Trek miniatures compare in size to the Star Fleet Captains Board Game and Romulan Expansion board game miniatures and the Star Trek Tactics Heroclix Sets 1 and 2 miniatures?

5) What is the rule set in the Star Trek Tactics Heroclix Set 1 like? Is this rule book the same as Star Trek Tactics Heroclix Set 2?

These are the first of a number of burning questions that I have until I can get the above information. If anyone else has information that they could share on both the Star Fleet Captains Board Game and Romulan Expansion board game set and the Star Trek Tactics Heroclix Sets 1 and 2, I would greatly appreciate your insight and help.

Thank you kindly in advance.
Regards,
Hitman
 8)
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline Pirx

• Student
  • [shep]
Re: Need Help Please...Star Trek Heroclix Questions!!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 12:37:23 PM »
Hi Hitman,

1) Unpainted plastic miniatures
2/3) Same ships, but heroclix are painted (strange colors, I have a blue USS Reliant for example  :? )
4) Depends on the Ship. Some are quite out of scale with each other
5) Sorry just bought some minis didnt play the game.

Regards
Pirx

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 03:45:43 PM »
Pirx;
Thanks. That helps a lot.
Regards,
Hitman
 8)

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
    • Strategic Elite: Skirmish Wargames for the Discerning Strategist
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 06:57:05 AM »
Start Trek Tactics I & II use the same Heroclix rules as the regular Heroclix set.  They are not intended to be played with regular HC Superhero figs because of their reduced power levels. I've been playing Heroclix for 7 years and the Star Trek version is my absolute favorite. 

Its not Star Fleet battles etc, but it also plays quickly, is pre-painted (all of my ships look good, none that are blue) and really scratches the itch for Star Trek ship combat.

The maps are BRILLIANT!  My favorites so far are the Kobayashi Maru and the Doomsday Device with the Mutara Nebula and Wolf 359 close behind them. 

Author of the Origins Award 2013 Nominated Brink of Battle: Skirmish Gaming through the Ages; Epic Heroes: Skirmish Gaming in the Realms of Fantasy; and Scrappers: Post-Apocalyptic Skirmish Wargames published by Osprey Games