Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:29:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691090
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 859
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: After Action Report - Battle of Teddington  (Read 10009 times)

Offline slobberblood

• Bookworm
    • http://www.chaos-arts.com
After Action Report - Battle of Teddington
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2008, 09:14:47 PM »
Fantastic report!
Thanks!
My Blog: http://www.chaos-arts.com
The Old Gamer's Den
Gaming, painting, collecting, horror movies, comics, artwork, and my crazy antics?

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2008, 08:31:06 AM »
Quote from: "Bullshott"
News Flash! British government sources have revealed that Lord Flasheart is believed to have not been killed, but merely rendered unconcious when his penny farthing's boiler exploded. He is believed to be held prisoner by the Hun somewhere to the south of London. British Special Service agents are looking for him even as this is published.

[Essentials for gaming the rescue - a captured manor house used as a Prussian hospital, nurses, a bald Prussian intelligence officer with monocle, a beautiful Prussian countess and big German hunting dogs - also mandatory viewing before the game of the Black Adder episode when he gets captured by the Germans.]

Now thats what I call a scenario, now where to get a few German Shepherd dogs and nurses? :)

Well chaps lets plan this one as a follow up game.for sometime in may :)

I have a suggestion - That Flashy is taken back to the heart of Zenda and held prisoner by black Michael and Rupert of Hentzau.Her majesty sends a crack team of retired army officers, gentlemen adventurers, spies etc to bring him back.
The reason being we can use my castle Dracula model  and I can replicate the dense forests and mountains of Zenda. :)  What say you?
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/27772452@N07/sets/
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2008, 08:55:43 AM »
I have a suggestion - That Flashy is taken back to the heart of Zenda and held prisoner by black Michael and Rupert of Hentzau.Her majesty sends a crack team of retired army officers, gentlemen adventurers, spies etc to bring him back.
The reason being we can use my castle Dracula model and I can replicate the dense forests and mountains of Zenda.  What say you?

Excellent idea sir. Even if I can't get away in May there is no reason why you shouldn't go ahead with your local group without me, since you have all the figures needed.

Here are some additional suggestions for possible things that could be added to the game:

- a senior Prussians officer has one of baron Franhenheimer's constructs as a manservant
- Flashy may arrempt a seduction 'attack' on the countess or any female servants/nurses in the castle
- wolves - or even better, werewolves
Sir Henry Bullshott, Keeper of Ancient Knowledge

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2008, 09:16:34 AM »
Quote from: "Lowtardog"
I did a little bit a few years ago but sold everything off, mostly I was scratch building vehicles and weird contraptions for racing cant remember the rules but they were by Walt O Hara.

"La Grande Cirque"?

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2008, 09:38:47 AM »
Quote from: "Malamute"

Now thats what I call a scenario, now where to get a few German Shepherd dogs and nurses? :)

*Ahem*: Ebob makes German Shepherds @ two for a bob!

Nuns are harder to come by in many variants but since there are plenty of catholics in Germany West Wind nuns could do the trick.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2008, 09:42:32 AM »
Quote from: "Bullshott"
The reason being we can use my castle Dracula model and I can replicate the dense forests and mountains of Zenda.  What say you?

Excellent idea sir. Even if I can't get away in May there is no reason why you shouldn't go ahead with your local group without me, since you have all the figures needed.

Here are some additional suggestions for possible things that could be added to the game:

- a senior Prussians officer has one of baron Franhenheimer's constructs as a manservant
- Flashy may arrempt a seduction 'attack' on the countess or any female servants/nurses in the castle
- wolves - or even better, werewolves

Great suggestions :)

Offline Thunderchicken

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Amusingly clumsy.
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2008, 11:58:17 AM »

What say you?

Count me in!
Don't!

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2008, 12:05:07 PM »
Quote from: "Thunderchicken"

What say you?

Count me in!

Your name is already on zer lisst!
We will use our Gothic Horror skirmish rules and do it on a different way to the Gaslight game.

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2008, 12:09:42 PM »
As an aside I noticed that Outpost Wargames Services are about to develop a commissioned range for 1870s Russo Turkish War, there may be sometihgn worth looking at when more info is available after Salute?

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2008, 12:20:59 PM »
Quote from: "Gluteus Maximus"
I did a little bit a few years ago but sold everything off, mostly I was scratch building vehicles and weird contraptions for racing cant remember the rules but they were by Walt O Hara.

"La Grande Cirque"?

Thats the one, some good fun ideas for a game in that one which might have some options for some of the VSF vehicles :mrgreen:

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2008, 01:25:52 PM »
Quote from: "hammershield"

*Ahem*: Ebob makes German Shepherds @ two for a bob!

Thanks Hammers, I suspected you would know the answer :)

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2008, 02:45:22 PM »
As an aside I noticed that Outpost Wargames Services are about to develop a commissioned range for 1870s Russo Turkish War, there may be sometihgn worth looking at when more info is available after Salute?

Really? Sounds interesting - the Russians would do for "Great Game" shennanigens along the NW Frontier, as they are in the right dress for their colonial forces & I'd love to see more Bashi-Bazouk types available. Always useful for plenty of VSF/Darkest Africa style games.

I shall keep an eye on this one  :)