Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:07:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690934
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 704
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Bose-IV - What a mess… Nov 11th  (Read 13282 times)

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Re: Not another Megacity-1 project?!?
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2014, 06:02:26 PM »
VERY nice stuff, inspiring.  8) 8) 8)

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Not another Megacity-1 project?!?
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2014, 07:45:35 PM »
Thanks chaps  :)

So no hill as of yet, built walkway inside the factory space and raised its outer wall with couple of added support columns that will help me to place some kind of roof for the factory in the end. Choices for the roof are either a flat one or then a more curved one, bit like hangar type. Flat one would be easier to make surely but curved shape sounds more interesting, to me at least.

The factory will also receive a control room in the corner so it will be at the same level as the walkways. There will be also a thick column inside the factory with a small terrace type thing that maybe will have some control panel or such in the end.

Look inside the factory, the central column is not glued yet on place and the upper part is also unattached:

This is how things look outside as of now. Three support columns for the outer wall, of which the central one is to be glued and shortened still. The railway tunnel entrance is just a mock up as I need to decide what kind of shape I want it to have. And what ever shape it will have, I am thinking of blocking it with some kind of door/gate anyways.

And this shows the entrance to the factory from the railway platform. I am not happy at all with the GW door as it is quite too tall but currently have no better choice. The door leads to place under the control room but whereas the control room will be playable this space is just pure imagination :) Need to make some kind of elevator or such in the control room, I guess.

Ideas, thoughts etc more than welcome.

Offline Suber

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Not another Megacity-1 project?!? Bose-IV factory build continues...
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2014, 08:59:40 PM »
 :o :o :o This is absolutely inspirational, I'm amazed by the lookings of this. Wow, I'll be keeping an eye over here...

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Not another Megacity-1 project?!? Bose-IV factory build continues...
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2014, 07:56:54 AM »
Thanks suber, I hope you won't be disappointed...

Since the terrain building will take quite a while, I happily happened upon a painted bunch of some infamy amongst the of Bose-IV:

I just need to rebase the lot, more arid plateau / desert surroundings and I call them done :) They will get the role of those who having survived the different type of weapons used in the war didn't make it unscathed. Now they roam the surroundings and ruins of Bose-IV in search of loot, food, weapons and such (in no particular order).

I have one Nort Squad from the Kickstarter left (the other went for a new home) and they will become one of the more organised factions for the game, maybe representing those forces still trying to maintain somekind of (law and) order...

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Re: Bose-IV - first gang/crew
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2014, 08:03:13 AM »
Scav-tastic  :D

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2014, 09:27:06 AM »
Oh, yes!
I like them, the Scaly in particular.
Nothing like re purposing some existing figures from the collection to get the ball rolling.
 8) 8)

Offline axiom

• Mastermind
    • My blog: Magpie and old lead
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2014, 03:18:58 PM »
Nice colourful gang you have! I've tried tracking down the factory kit to no avail - what should I be searching for?

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2014, 04:10:07 PM »
Thanks Mason and axiom  :)

Axiom, search ebay for: gundam chain base

I remember buying the bundle of six. I might have to order few more at some point  :D

Now I am trying to figure out what kind of tunnel entrance to have  ???

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Bose-IV - What a mess… Nov 11th
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2014, 05:19:47 PM »
So more work(?) done on the build and what a mess I have achieved  lol

First a look along the railway. Railway tunnel has been crudely blocked off, most likely not by the authorities but locals who wish to keep things roaming in the tunnel in the tunnel, permanently. The above flat surface needs more work, obviously, but I hope to come up with an idea that doesn't make the whole structure much higher than it is already.

Then look towards the factory outer wall. Two windows in place. Pondering if I should place a third one on the right or for playability's sake, make some kind of blast/explosion damage there instead. This way there would be another entry way inside the factory. Any comments and thoughts about that?

Third and last pic shows the side of the tunnel entrance rock cliff, I think it it will turn ok once properly painted, I hope. The white tubes are not glued in place yet. Are those too much? My thought was that those are part of the air intake for the tunnel. As system is most likely not functioning only thing locals hear are some weird howls and shrieks… Should I cover more of the surface with rocks? Now there's some room for minis to move between the rocks though of course need to add gravel and such to make it look a bit more natural.

Thoughts and ideas more than welcome.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2014, 05:32:08 PM »
Looking very interesting  :)

Go for a blasted out window and for the vents on top of the cliff, make them straight and in line but with some recent additions from the locals.

Are you going to plaster over the foam?

cheers

James

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2014, 05:43:04 PM »
Cheers James, will check how the pipes will look.

Yes, there will be plaster over the foam, just want to do all the cuts and details etc before starting the plastering.

As I build this one I also try to imagine how the hill will need to continue on the next board as well. The tracks will be invisible on it for whole length of the board but I think I will try to do cliffside hovels and such. And the third board that will be connected to this first one as well will have a road and some kind of landing pad.

Of course need to ponder on the roof structure as well. I guess I need to use the factory outer wall and still partly unfinished central column inside the factory.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2014, 06:21:13 PM »
I agree with what James suggested, but how about an access point between the two pipes and a door between the tunnel and the building?
That way you could tempt people into the tunnel.
 ;)

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2014, 07:01:25 PM »
Thanks Paul :)

I forgot to mention that there will be a door on the outer wall of the factory, quite close to the tunnel entrance end of the railway platform. That kind of gives an access to ground floor of factory, even though not inside the factory proper.

And I had a plan to use the hatch seen on page 3 (it now has the proper hatch on it, too) on the top of the hill. So there is basically three ways to enter the factory - via the hatch, door and blast damage. How does this sound?