Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:46:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) Achtung! Cthulhu 28mm Miniatures Coming  (Read 22594 times)

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
Re: Achtung! Cthulhu 28mm Miniatures Coming
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 03:18:23 AM »
Love that Professor!!  The art is amazing.

Offline modiphius

• Librarian
    • Modiphius
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2013, 08:31:34 PM »
http://"http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/achtung-cthulhu-the-ww2-keepers-and-investigators/posts/425134

Our latest update confirms we've unlocked the full 248 page Shadows of Atlantis campaign for Achtung! Cthulhu, free on PDF to all backers of the PDF Master Bonus level and upwards. We are now climbing towards the last goal to fully unlock the Assault on the Mountains of Madness campaign - here's another piece of concept art from Korungn.

We also announced a special bonus for reaching £50k - the Achtung! Cthulhu Secret War Documents Pack in PDF for all backers to help bring the world to life.

and of course the first Achtung! Cthulhu miniatures Stretch Goal is insight, which unlocks the promised Add On of a set of six stunning Allied investigator's, of which Professor Richard Deadman is the first. We'll have a bunch of new sculpts to show off this week!

Quite a mad day in all!
www.modiphius.com
Achtung! Cthulhu - Terrifying WW2 Roleplaying Setting
ONE WAR - New miniatures system for Achtung! Cthulhu

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2013, 07:50:21 PM »
While I'm not interested in the RPG (I can't get my group to play them) I am quite interested in seeing what you come up with in miniatures. Very exciting!
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline modiphius

• Librarian
    • Modiphius
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2013, 08:20:30 AM »
Miniatures news this weekend!

We just unlocked the full 248 page Assault on the Mountains of Madness campaign - check out the update here. Next to unlock the six incredible 28mm Allied Investigators...

Here's another concept art by Korungn for you...

and a fun twist on an old propaganda poster...

Offline modiphius

• Librarian
    • Modiphius
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2013, 11:51:28 PM »
We unlocked the six 28mm Allied heroes and Pacific War Guide!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/achtung-cthulhu-the-ww2-keepers-and-investigators/posts/430272

Check out the update - but here's a preview of a WORK IN PROGRESS Mi-Go from the forthcoming 28mm Cthulhu Miniatures set.

We announced a fantastic set of floor plans and tiles by the amazing artist Henning Ludvigsen. We'll be producing underground Nazi bases, snow covered outposts and brooding evil ruins of the Elder Things! Check out the the example tiles he did for the very cool Mansions of Madness game by Fantasy Flight Games:

This is going to be a busy week for more announcements!

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2013, 07:10:39 AM »
WORK IN PROGRESS Mi-Go from the forthcoming 28mm Cthulhu Miniatures set
That's a very nice Yuggothian. The middle claws are a triffle oversized but I suppose they might look better once they progress past being "mittens for crabs".

Offline modiphius

• Librarian
    • Modiphius
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2013, 12:03:54 AM »
That's a very nice Yuggothian. The middle claws are a triffle oversized but I suppose they might look better once they progress past being "mittens for crabs".

Yeah they're just concepts at the moment so should get way better when finished. Here's an update for you!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/achtung-cthulhu-the-ww2-keepers-and-investigators/posts/432101

We unlocked the six 28mm Cthulhu creatures - check out this Deep One Commando as an example of what's to come:

We'll have Pledge levels for just the miniatures soon if you want to get your hands on these 28mm critters and heroes.
Big news - we've announced we're working towards a FATE Core conversion and here's a motivational poster to inspire you!

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2013, 06:29:33 AM »
We unlocked the six 28mm Cthulhu creatures - check out this Deep One Commando as an example of what's to come
Well, it's exactly as I predicted earlier. Not my cuppa I'm afraid. Shame tho 'cuz the Mi-Go looked promising (and not solely because it didn't time itself by carrying a Japanese army armband a whatever). Will have to give these a pass, unless you get to pick which 6 critters you want.

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2013, 09:14:29 AM »
Would prefer the commando with less clutter.
Especially the gun and helmet. They don't make sense - how did it attach them with those webbed hands? Why has it collected them - not for use, water would do the gun no good - and as trophies, why lug around something large and cumbersome? If he's going to take a hat as a trophy why not just take the head that was inside it? Probably in a small net bag, like scuba divers use.

To be fair, my main issue with the gun and helmet is that it limits the use of the figure. Without them I could use the figure for other settings, VSF, 1920s, SF, etc. but with them it's just 1940s or 1950s. For me, a multi-purpose figure is a better option in the current financial state of play.
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2013, 09:16:32 AM »
Otherwise the commando looks great.

Could use him for Doctor Who or 7TV as well - they have just brought out scuba divers.....

Offline Kitsune

• Mad Scientist
    • Mosquito on the Tenth Floor
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2013, 11:37:46 AM »
I quite like the look of the commando + gun. Very tempted to up my pledge.

Offline The Somnambulist

• Scientist
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2013, 06:39:14 PM »
We announced a fantastic set of floor plans and tiles by the amazing artist Henning Ludvigsen. We'll be producing underground Nazi bases, snow covered outposts and brooding evil ruins of the Elder Things! Check out the the example tiles he did for the very cool Mansions of Madness game by Fantasy Flight Games:

Are the floor plans going to be available separately?
I go to pieces so fast that people get hit by the shrapnel.

Offline Justizius

• Bookworm
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2013, 04:07:58 PM »
I like the Deep Commando!  :-*
Of course the use is limited, but I think that it perfectly combines Cthulhu with WW2 aspects.
As Deep Ones are no stupid animals, I am sure it finds a way to use the gun.  lol

Offline Murgh Bpurn

• Schoolboy
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2013, 02:14:02 AM »
New miniatures only pledges available: 6 x Allied Investigator Miniatures and 6 x Cthulhu Creatures Miniatures, both at £25

Offline modiphius

• Librarian
    • Modiphius
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2013, 03:46:20 AM »