Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:11:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690336
  • Total Topics: 118326
  • Online Today: 594
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Tomarrows War Earth Invasion Campaign  (Read 2569 times)

Offline BOBBLE HEAD

• Student
Tomarrows War Earth Invasion Campaign
« on: February 24, 2013, 09:10:46 AM »
My project is to create a large map based campaign for 4 to 8 players using the Tomarrows War rules. In my setting the year is 2150, and the Earth is on the tail end of a devestating global war. The war had many geopolitical causes, but the real cause only reveals itself in the last months of the war, in the form of the Ver'Tai Dominion.  Agressive militaristic aliens here to crush Humanity into submission, who manipulated the earth into conflict behind the scenes.
For forces,, I am using DreamForge Games Eisenkern Stormtroopers as the German Dominated Eastern European Alliance.
AT43 UNA are the US controled Democratic Federation, Red Blok is the Soviet Reunification Pact, of course the COGS are the evil alien Ver'Tai Dominion! ( all forces repainted of course! No orange aliens! )
Im trying to find a good miniature series to use for the high-tech Japanese and also I need an Australian force, more rugged.
I will post the campaign missions and rules, as well as the warbands as I finish painting them!

Offline Onebigriver

• Mastermind
Re: Tomarrows War Earth Invasion Campaign
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 11:27:31 AM »
Sounds promising. Looking forward to reading more.
Waiter, my soup is giggling.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 11:56:23 AM »
Are the Infinity Japanese too odd for ya?  That's the first thing that popped into my head when you mentioned them. 
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 01:37:45 PM »
Subscribed! What weapons did you use in the Dust mechs? The railguns are from Paulson Games, right? But what about the rocket launchers?

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 05:53:50 PM »
High tech aussies can be done. As me old mucker Sumatran Rat Monkey reminded me yesterday,Eureka has a totally unknown set of figures called Wazzies that look for want of a better term just like australian warzone imperials. I can post up some pics if you want. They come in mounted and unmounted versions too.

Post up bud.
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline BOBBLE HEAD

• Student
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 01:44:23 AM »
Yes definitely,  if anyone has good model ideas, feel free to post!
I love the Infinity models, and If money fell from my ears every time I sneezed, I would use them! ;)

Ive also been looking into Pig Irons System Troopers, decently priced, and I like the different head options. For my Japanese, that is!
The Japanese force is meant to be High Tech, so Ive decided to have Combat Drone robots in the force, for Drone models, Im using Heavy Gear Caprican Ammon Assault Striders. They make great "Battle Droids" in 28mm! I will take some pics in daylight tomarrow and post.

Tomarrows War doesnt use any kind of points system, so for force building Im assigning each Unit ( squad, vehicle, officer ) a value based the Quality Dice, Weapon dice and Tech level, for easy pick and play force building ( simple like Dust Tactics/Warfare ). It will be about as balanced as using tonnage in old Battletech, but its a general guide. ;)

Offline BOBBLE HEAD

• Student
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 01:52:10 AM »
Forgot to answer: The missle launchers are shoulder mounted launchers from WizKids Mechwarrior game Thor mechs! =)

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 01:54:48 AM »
Forgot to answer: The missle launchers are shoulder mounted launchers from WizKids Mechwarrior game Thor mechs! =)

Ahh, thanks for that. I was still scratching my head trying to identify them!

Offline BOBBLE HEAD

• Student
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 02:12:41 AM »
Why buy expensive models when you can chop up cheap toys!  :D

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 04:28:38 AM »
The beauty of the Dust mechs is that they are produced/designed by the same folks who did the old AT-43 stuff.  You can occasionally find blow-out AT-43 mechs for dirt cheap.  You buy five or six mechs, and the weapons will mostly swap around....a little ingenuity and you can start swapping torsos etc.

I toyed with the idea of doing a Battletech Solaris style game --- magnetizing everything and letting people construct gladiatorial style mecha.  It's still on my back burner as a potential project for the future.

Offline BOBBLE HEAD

• Student
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 05:54:38 AM »
Here is the starting point of the Ver'Tai force.

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2013, 01:09:24 PM »
I was never a big fan of the Cogs, so I need your opinion - are they usefull?  ;D

Offline BOBBLE HEAD

• Student
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 03:19:10 AM »
Sorry for the lateness of the reply, real life intruded! ;)
As for the COGs, I never got to use them in old AT-43, I always played Red Blok! I original got these to make a Vril alien army for Dust Warfare. I like the looks of them as great inscrutable aliens!

Im trying to get my points system finished for the campaign and I ordered 2 more Heavy Gear Mounts/Japanese smart Gun Bots!

More soon!

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2013, 03:27:01 AM »
Can't wait to see more!  ;)

Offline fluffy05

• Scientist
    • One Painters Crusade
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2013, 11:59:20 AM »
High tech aussies can be done. As me old mucker Sumatran Rat Monkey reminded me yesterday,Eureka has a totally unknown set of figures called Wazzies that look for want of a better term just like australian warzone imperials. I can post up some pics if you want. They come in mounted and unmounted versions too.

I am not sure but do you mean these ones? http://eurekamin.com.au/index.php?cPath=204_207_223_253&sort=3a

'The German today is like the June Bride; he knows he is going to get it, but he doesn't know how big it is going to be.' - Gen. Richard "Windy" Gale, 6th Airborne Division Commander