Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:10:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689614
  • Total Topics: 118287
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Photos of the Mali Conflict  (Read 1917 times)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Photos of the Mali Conflict
« on: February 28, 2013, 03:42:18 PM »
Here is a link to some Pics from the Mali Conflict if your interested.

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2013/02/mali-conflict-enters-new-phase/100463/

Warning there are a few graphic pic's.

"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
Re: Photos of the Mali Conflict
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 05:19:42 PM »
I've split this off as its own topic.  :)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 09:11:09 PM »
Nice. I came home the other day and my wife pointed to a large box on the table, which on closer inspection proved to be some Gasoline 1/48 resin kits to flesh out my modern French. Another VAB, another VBL variant, a whacking great AMX-10RC, which really is best described as a wheeled tank and a couple of different Acmat SF patrol vehicles.

Quality of Gasoline kits is superb but folk do need to be aware that most really are kits and require assembly. They tend not to be too complicated but the AMX-10RC has at least 50-60 parts, may of them small. The new patrol vehicles are truly outstanding castings, they come with aluminium PE parts for the anti skid surface on the fenders etc. Still if you have moderate modeling skills they are fun to make and they do look superb. My Eureka French may now feel adequately supported.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Hobbit

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 10:05:30 AM »
There are some spectacular photos in there (I chose not to open the graphic ones). I particularly like the VAB convoy driving past the pinnacle; looks like it should be sci-fi! I also like the de-mining team checking over the Hind - would make a great diorama.

I notice that in some of the pictures there are VABs and in at least one there is a VBCI in the background (the photo of the sniper). Does anyone know if VABs and VBCIs are mixed in the same units? Anyone have a current French TO&E?

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 10:20:56 AM »

I notice that in some of the pictures there are VABs and in at least one there is a VBCI in the background (the photo of the sniper). Does anyone know if VABs and VBCIs are mixed in the same units? Anyone have a current French TO&E?

I honestly wouldn't know. But I like the Mix of uniforms lots of the solders in the pics are wearing. Some all in wood land, some in Desert and others in mix. Would help to show different unites for some one that was interested in gaming current Africa games.

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 10:26:04 AM »
I like the Mali soldier in the pink boots- Brilliant and some how I want a figure like that in my African Imagi-nation collection
Theres more 28mm Superhero Madness at my blog, http://fourcoloursupers.blogspot.com/
And for Ultra-modern Wargaming check out Hotel Zugando at http://ultramoderngaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 10:26:42 AM »
Oh yeah got to love the guy in the pink boots!

Offline Lapin Rouge

• Librarian
    • Scenery on Demand
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 02:07:36 PM »
To Hobbit :

Yes VABs and VBCIs can be mixed because VBCIs replace AMX-10 P but not for the moment the VABs.

VABs is the most common of the armored transport in the French Army, about 3 585... And the VBCI hasn't totaly the same fonction as the VAB, VAB is like a great HUMVEE.

But in the picture with the sniper, there is only VBCIs. Maybe it's soldiers of the " 92e régiment d'infanterie de Clermont-Ferrand " .

« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 02:09:15 PM by Lapin Rouge »