Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:24:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: vepaminiatures.com  (Read 3032 times)

Offline ivelilla

• Bookworm
vepaminiatures.com
« on: January 30, 2013, 11:22:36 AM »
VEPAMINIATURES is a new company of 1/72 lead figures created by Jordi Velilla and Ivan Velilla to give modellers and wargamers the chance of having good detail and quality miniatures.

Actually we have only 2 ranges:

.-Lebanon 1982 (includes IDF minis and syrians)
.-Afgan 2012 (americans and rebels)

Our future miniatures will include russian, more USA soldiers (including special forces), and a lot of rebels. We will also begin to produce vehicles in a few weeks.

We are open to new ideas, just tell them in our forum.

(sorry if my english is not perfect)

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: vepaminiatures.com
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 11:36:01 AM »
Not a scale I'm personally used to, but these look great!!

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 11:48:41 AM »
Lovely! Great detail on minis and paint job is top notch as well.

Are you perhaps going to have minis for private contractors at some point?

Offline ivelilla

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 11:54:50 AM »
ummm sorry, are refering ''private contractors'' as Blackwater mercenaries, or something similar?

In our near future is not in our plans, but maybe august.

first of all will be the USA special troops, afterwards russian, and in a few month more rebels, and more USA troops (special weapons, HQ).

And also a lot of buildings, we will make them very cheap, but with great quality

« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 12:07:34 PM by ivelilla »

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 12:15:15 PM »
ummm sorry, are refering ''private contractors'' as Blackwater mercenaries, or something similar?

In our near future is not in our plans, but maybe august.

first of all will be the USA special troops, afterwards russian, and in a few month more rebels, and more USA troops (special weapons, HQ).

And also a lot of buildings, we will make them very cheap, but with great quality

Yes, something like Blackwater and similar. Will be nice to see the buildings.

Offline ivelilla

• Bookworm
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 12:27:30 PM »
some previews

We are making also a game, but it will be initially only in spanish (in Spain a lot of people don't know english),

because there are a lot of games in english. Force and Force is a very good game.

also, if you know more games, I will very happy to know them all.

thanks ;)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 12:49:05 PM by ivelilla »

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 03:08:35 PM »
These are a very nice looking range of miniatures!  :)

I have one very small criticism... the trousers on the Israelis are somewhat 'baggy' (holgado), particularly on 'israel-2.jpg', the others are not so obvious. The 'fashion' for Israeli soldiers back in 1982 was for more closer fitting and straight-cut ones than they tend to wear today.

They also as often wore them 'jean-style' over their boots as they did 'bloused' in the regulation manner - Israeli MPs traditionally issue more citations for uniform infringements, than for any other type of offence, including traffic.

It is very petty of me to point this out, I know, but for me it is the difference between 'very nice' and 'excellent' figures.  ;)

I wish you success with them!

Offline Wilkins

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 05:46:20 PM »
Lovely miniatures! Very impressive. I am particularly excited about the buildings however

Offline Hildred Castaigne

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 06:48:21 PM »
Those are some lovely figures!
And it's always nice to see an unusual subject being covered.

I have one very small criticism... the trousers on the Israelis are somewhat 'baggy' (holgado), particularly on 'israel-2.jpg', the others are not so obvious. The 'fashion' for Israeli soldiers back in 1982 was for more closer fitting and straight-cut ones than they tend to wear today.

They also as often wore them 'jean-style' over their boots as they did 'bloused' in the regulation manner - Israeli MPs traditionally issue more citations for uniform infringements, than for any other type of offence, including traffic.
That is because they have a whole section of the MPs for that very job!  ;)
They wait around in bus and train stations to keep an eye on the soldiers going home for the weekend.

But back to the subject at hand!
Here is a good example of their trousers.

Offline aluangel

• Assistant
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 07:13:08 AM »
Lovely miniatures! I like insurgent especially.
I hope that you create also generic insurgents that could be used as civilian insurgents in europe or USA :-*
Something like in "Children of Man" movie.

Offline Big Martin

• Scientist
  • Wargamer, Re-enactor & Failed Historian
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 08:43:55 AM »
Great start - best of luck with the future expansion plans as these are more in my area of interest. :)
Tutenes, Atque Cujus Exercitus?

Offline ivelilla

• Bookworm
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 11:24:37 AM »
our next expansion with rebels will be:
1 set with recoiless rifle / mortar (both options in one set)
1 set with 7 rebels more, armed 4 ak, 1 sniper rifle, 1 rpg, 1 antiaircraft weapon.

the line that we actually have, we think that could represent a lot of sorts of rebels, and the future expansions will follow a similar line.

I remember that we have a forum, where everyone could post their ideas or sugestions. Is very hard to us, to check every day 20 forums and recopilate ideas.

With this sugestions we can prepare future expansions, for expample one person asked us to make USA marines prepared to be in a vehicle (drivers, hmg users ...), if only one person ask about it, is not our priority, we think about the idea and we make economic numbers to plan it in the future. But if 100 ask about it, will be a priority in our production line.

We need stadistics to prepare future launches, and is necesary to prepare every blister with the needs that could have the customer.

Our customers are wargamers, but also a big amount of people that only makes dioramas, and a 4 USA marines could be good for both, but a 10 USA marines not, that's the idea. We are a small company and we need to check every euro, and plan everything very well to avoid loosing money.

So ¡¡ every idea is well recieved¡¡¡, we need all of you to make a very good product.

thanks to all.

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2013, 01:05:48 AM »
Love these miniatures! Good luck with the new company.

Damien

Offline ivelilla

• Bookworm
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2013, 03:05:56 PM »
Hi to all

In a few weeks we spect to launch our SOCOM soldiers, and moderm russian.

also the new USA soldiers and rebels.

We also will make a new web (we know it's horrible jejeej).

We are thinking about some new product lines, if you have ideas we will be very happy if you post them in our forum.

Thanks to all