Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:01:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Any 15 mm Pulp Gamers here on LAF?  (Read 1581 times)

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
Any 15 mm Pulp Gamers here on LAF?
« on: March 04, 2013, 05:45:08 AM »
Looking for anyone who is doing pulp gaming in 15 mm so I can pick your brain (go ahead and be relieved, I only want to 'figuratively' pick your brain) about figures, vehicles, structures, etc.  So, anyone out there?

Thanks.

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Any 15 mm Pulp Gamers here on LAF?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 12:45:02 AM »
Let me begin by saying I doubt that I have much to offer that you don't already know on this subject.  As I'm pretty sure you are aware, my interest in 15s, which is huge, is focused on the "historical" military end of the hobby.  I have been doing the Pulp/Adventure/Victorian... in 25mm/28mm.  That said, if by Pulp we are talking about the period between the wars, I know that Rebel Minis makes some.  Flames of War makes a nice 15mm RR armored car pack.  I have some good stuff from Blue Moon 15mm/18mm from their Deep Dark Africa (African villagers, missionaries, explorers and victims) and in their horror line there are Egyptian villagers as well as mummies, archeologists and explorers.  Matchbox makes cars (a little big probably but maybe not terrible).  If you are willing to stretch this into the 1950s, Woodland Scenics has a spectacular HO line called Auto Scenes.  They are expensive but absolutely beautiful.  You could also find stuff that works from the Preiser HO line of figures.  In the world of buildings and animals, there should be a huge range if you are wiling to use HO scale with your 15s.  I like them a lot, but I also use O gauge with my 28s and some people find that a sin.  As I said above, you probably know all this, but I thought I'd pass it along in case something might be news.  On the upside for 15mm Pulp, I believe that Blue Moon 15/18mm is planning a Pulp range and if that is the case, you will probably be in fat city!  Richard

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 07:11:01 AM »
Richard,

While I do know of much of what you write, I appreciate the response never the less.  Always nice to hear from you.  And I see you've picked up another larger scale project to add to your growing up scale periods.  I must say I am envious of what is available in that scale for pulp.  But I choose to remain true to my chosen scale (even as it creeps larger).  I like the challenge of making a period work even though it isn't well catered for.

I know Blue Moon has (or had) a gangster range on the horizon for 15/18 mm and I am hopeful it will appear one day.  Was supposed to be in by past December but that date has come and gone.  I was hoping there might be new stuff announced post Cold Wars (might be, haven't checked tonight) but I also know Russ wants to keep his focus on Nappies and ACW until those ranges are well in hand.  Since those are biggie periods and Blue Moon has bills to pay, makes sense - that and they are his personal favorite periods apparently.

There are at least three companies making figures to help out, Rebel Minis, Splintered Light, and Khurasan.  I believe Black Hat and another Brit firm or two might have some items.  And Mick Yarrow is likely to have some useful items.  And, as you mentioned, Blue Moon has various ranges with useful figures already available.  Love what that company has done to add to our options in 15/18 mm.  As I've mentioned elsewhere, I'm using their Texan war figures to create a Mountain Man setup - and Musket Miniatures range of HO animals which includes beavers.

Time to get back to hunting the various and sundry ranges.  Take care and keep flying the banner high!  Use is more coloful than mine at the moment but you have a dozen or so years on me.

Curmudgeon in Chief

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 11:56:10 PM »
Fifteensaway,

I feel your pain.   :(  My scale of choice, where possible, is 1/600th.   ::)  Some good stuff there for Napoleonic/ACW/WW2/Modern/ and "some pending" periods. 

The only 15 mm figures (off the top of my head) I own are superheroes currently. 

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!