Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:39:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 2HW Warrior Heroes - Legends : feedback ?  (Read 3974 times)

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
2HW Warrior Heroes - Legends : feedback ?
« on: March 08, 2013, 05:31:27 PM »
Hi,

I saw that 2hour wargames published a new game called Warrior Heroes Legends.

http://www.twohourwargames.com/wahele.html

It seems to match my needs : playing dungeon crawling solitaire.

Anyone tested it on LAF ? What are your thoughts about it ? Especially concerning my needs (dungeon crawling, solitaire campaign gaming).

thanks ;)

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: 2HW Warrior Heroes - Legends : feedback ?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 06:10:21 PM »
A chappy on here did an excellent campaign using their Warrior Heroes Armies and Adventurers ruleset. I think it was binman. I'm sure he played solo and it seemed to work very well, so no doubt these will be even better!

Offline blacksmith

• Mad Scientist
    • Javier at war
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 09:24:42 AM »
I did a campaign or two with Warrior Heroes Armies & Adventurers and it was great fun although the ruleset was a bit messy: http://javieratwar.blogspot.com.es/search/label/Campaign.%20Warrior%20Heroes%20Armies%20and%20Adventurers
Warrior Heroes Legends is similar but it has been written by a different author and the melee mechanics and the campaign are different from WHAA. I haven't played it so I cannot tell you if it's good/better/worse or not; I can only tell you it is better edited than WHAA and that it's geared for solo gaming as well.
Cheers,

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 11:11:32 AM »
Ah sorry Blacksmith, yours was the campaign I was referring to. Very good it was, too!

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 10:36:56 PM »
thanks for your feedback. I did know the warrior heroes A&A campaign, but I guess the new Legends is more focused on my needs.

In fact, I bet most 2HW games should match my solitaire needs :

Dungeon crawler
Necromunda/judge dredd like game

etc...

Offline blacksmith

• Mad Scientist
    • Javier at war
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 11:03:52 PM »
Ah sorry Blacksmith, yours was the campaign I was referring to. Very good it was, too!
No prob Gibby and thank you!

Offline blacksmith

• Mad Scientist
    • Javier at war
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 11:09:32 PM »
thanks for your feedback. I did know the warrior heroes A&A campaign, but I guess the new Legends is more focused on my needs.

In fact, I bet most 2HW games should match my solitaire needs :

Dungeon crawler
Necromunda/judge dredd like game

etc...

If you finally buy it and try,maybe you can put a review here :)

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 11:52:36 PM »
I think I'll buy it tommorow. I need some solo rulesets, since it became difficult to find players to play tabletop minis these days. I also like the coop game idea, to play with casual gamers (brother, friends who are not in minis hobby, etc...).

I'll buy New Beginnings (to use my necromunda and urban war minis) and Warrior heroes legends (to use all my fantasy stuff, inclunding semi-3D terrain).

I also saw that a mech game was planned...Can't wait since I'm also searching for a ruleset to play my battletech minis solo !

I guess I'll become one good 2HW customer in the future  lol  Of course I'll post review of each one.

I'd also like to find a solo system to play my chronopia dark fantasy minis...Perhaps Sword Play ?

Offline blacksmith

• Mad Scientist
    • Javier at war
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 10:15:00 AM »
Well, Swordplay is free so you can try it and see.
Playing co-op is a great thing to get others into the hobby or simply have fun. Here's a game I played with my 8 years son time ago: http://javieratwar.blogspot.com.es/2012/07/my-sons-first-blood.html

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 10:22:29 AM »
Nice report ! I well know your blog website, because I have the same problem finding friends to play with (and time to play big demanding games). The good old days (high school, college) are gone for real  lol

I can also inform you that I ordered 5150 New beginning and WH Legends. I didn't opened the pdfs for now, but be sure I'll review it, with my best english  :D (I'm french).

Offline blacksmith

• Mad Scientist
    • Javier at war
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 10:33:24 AM »
Ah! How much I miss the good old days, sniff  :'( :)

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 12:03:30 PM »
Hi,

As I said I ordered the game this week end. I also ordered 5150 New Beginning, since this christmas I ordered 3 used necromunda gangs, and more recently some Urban War minis (great minis, by the way, and very compatible speaking of scale with GW necromunda minis).

I printed the games myself, it was a bit more expensive than I thought. My fault, since I printed WHL in high quality mode...And since the game sheets contains a lot of charts (with black or grey background), it eated all my printer's black ink fast. 5150 NB has been printed in draft quality, almost the same quality but a way less ink consuming...

But I would say that if you don't have a laser printer, you should consider ordering the printed book directly...Especially if you're in USA. You'll save time and probably money too. Or you can go to a printing store (like the ones for students, copy stores).

Here's some pics of the result. I didn't read the books for now. So be patient waiting my review...

As you can see, I also added some laminated color covers for the books.

Bye

Offline blacksmith

• Mad Scientist
    • Javier at war
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 01:30:17 PM »
They are looking really cool and pro. Congratulations. Now let's hope you like the rules. We're waiting for your review :)

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 10:07:58 PM »
I didn't play already but I worked on my 3D dungeon floor tiles  ;)

For now, it's drying. I made my own masters and molds, and casted everything in plaster, then glued the tiles on cardboard. Then, I painted in grey, put a few washes and stain. Still some work to do, but it's not bad. I plan to add accessories soon (doors, furniture).

I'm not sure about walls, because of the playability. I thought maybe the table bacground will say what kind of dungeon it is :

brown cloth background : caves

black cloth : castles, graveyard (all "human" construction)

red cloth : lava

blue cloth : subteranean river

green cloth : sewers

etc, etc...

Since I've got plenty of painted or repainted D&D minis, I'll be able to post a nice review soon. I will use heroscape hexes for exterior missions too. I have to make a few scenery for that (trees for example).

Offline Hatemonger

• Librarian
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2013, 11:55:17 PM »
I didn't play already but I worked on my 3D dungeon floor tiles  ;)
Your tiles look good, and I've seen examples of your minis before, so I'm sure the battle pictures will be very nice to see, too.

But I must say, I was very excited to see your update, and then I was completely disappointed. I was really looking forward to reading your review of WHL!

Such a tease!  ;)

(Hint: this is some encouragement to go play your shiny new game. If you get complaints from wife/friends/whatever, tell them it's important and others are relying on you!  lol)

- H8