Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:24:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690847
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm sci-fi  (Read 1125 times)

Offline Machinegunkelly

• Scientist
15mm sci-fi
« on: November 17, 2013, 01:10:18 PM »
Hi there. New project again ;) I guess I have as much focus as a kitten.

I have been thinking on what to do with my 15mm sci-fi. After toddling around with them in small skirmishes I realised that I didnīt want to move each infantry mini by its own. They where to fiddly for my fingers. I needed to mount them together some how.

Iīve taped them to different size bases and different number on each base to find a good version. In the end four infantry mini on a 5*5 cm base, seemed to work just fine.

That left me with what generic rule set to use for gamin. Iīve read and re-read a number of free rules, to find a rule set that worked for small scale actions and with groups rather than individuals. I didnīt find a ruleset suitable for me and since I didnīt want to write my own set of rules I put the minis away on the shelves for a while.

But in the back of my mind a sentence kept nagging me...I recognise a group of four from somewhere. And then it struck me...lances in Battletech came in four. :)

And the conclution was Battleforce.

Adaptation of rules. (For those of you having access to it)
One 5*5 inf represent a fire squad. Two bases are a squad. Each base are counted as its own unit and have its own damage step and status. The damage step represents people dying and getting wounded, lowering the effectiveness of the squad.

One vehicle represent one vehicle not a squad of four. The damage steps represents the vehicle taking a beating. A APC carry as a base two fire teams. If it mounts a heavy weapon it can only carry one fire team. A Missile launcher gives +2 RA, and a AC gives +2 CA.

It costs one MP to move 10cm. The cost rise depending on what terrain there is. But you can always move a minimum of 5 cm.

If the range to your enemy is below 20cm you use the units CA, otherwise you use the units RA. Missile launchers give +2 on RA and SAW gives +2 on CA.

*end*

These are just the first adaptations to see if it was possible to use the rules, and it worked like a charm but I am going to do some adaptation. So now I am off starting to rewrite the rules, make units and having fun.

Offline Machinegunkelly

• Scientist
Re: 15mm sci-fi
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 07:59:10 PM »
And since I have this problem of not liking to play games without knowing anything about the settings here are some PDFs with my scribbeling.

Offline underfirewargaming

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 04:39:43 AM »
I like myself doing multi based infantry in 15mm, too bad so many are afraid of doing it in 28mm. I though go one step further and make the infantry represent more than is shown, so for example one 4 by 4 base represents an entire platoon of soldiers for example :P.

Its really cool to represent a much more realistic scale and larger scale of combat on a smaller board like a 3 by 3 :)!.

keep up the work man liking this a lot!.

Offline Machinegunkelly

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 06:38:37 PM »
Thanks. I just might do that, but I think my "Epic" collection suits that scale better. :)

But I am actually pondering if Battleforce is mutatable to fit for starship battles. That way I can do away with full thrust and just use one ruleset.