Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:27:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: More Ambulls  (Read 2369 times)

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
More Ambulls
« on: March 19, 2013, 12:10:43 AM »
As soon as I had painted my first Ambull I knew I needed some more, so I searched Ebay for some time and was lucky enough to get two more, each for a reasonable price.

I would like to get more, so I can make a whole colony, but right now my economy (and my wife) say no. But I guess three is better than nothing.

I painted up the two new Ambulls in similar colours as my first one and I updated my first one a little bit.

Also on my paint station right now is a bunch of mercenaries of several different origins, I finished the first one which is from the Black Hat Miniatures Cobalt-1 line.

The two new guys and the Cobalt-1 mercenary.

An unfortunate space explorer gets ambushed...

This trio of Ambulls is the last thing this guy will ever see...

The lone mercenary will be joined by a selection of mixed space scum later on and will find use in all sorts of sci-fi gaming. The Ambulls will be usefull for random encounters and fit into any Deathworld fauna.

http://deathworldadventures.blogspot.dk/

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
Re: More Ambulls
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 01:21:51 AM »
Nice finds, and nice work on them. :)

That's some funky-lookin' terrain, too.  What are the green... things?

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 09:57:34 AM »
ace!

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 10:09:08 AM »
Nice finds, and nice work on them. :)

That's some funky-lookin' terrain, too.  What are the green... things?

Thanks.

The green things are melted straws. I found the idea somewhere else on this forum. If you want to make some, remember to do it outside or in a well ventilated room. I am planning to do some more when it is warmer outside.

:D

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 12:13:29 PM »
oh i love the cobalt figure too, been thinking about getting some to use as marines instead of rt figures, he looks great love the blue!

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 12:28:58 PM »
Very similar to the old citadel LE powered armour trooper.  Looked at those colbalt minis for a while now.
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 01:01:52 PM »
Some more really  8) RT stuff going on here, Jonas.
Love it!
 :-* :-* :-*

I have had some long term plans to do an RT style project and was waiting until I had all of the old Bob Olley Space Pirates before I started.
(That was my excuse for stalling anyway ::)).

It looks like I should have the last one winging its way to me now, so that excuse wont wash anymore.
I have a few of the original softer-armored Marines to use as 'The Fuzz/Cops/Corperate Enforcer types already, thanks to Inso, but there are a lot of lovely goodies in the Cobalt line.
I was reminded of them at Cavalier whilst at the BHM stand and my mind keeps drifting back to them.
They are on 'The List'

Now I feel I will need to add an Ambull or two as well......

Your latest offerings have all been very inspiring and 'The List' keeps growing.
You can stop posting now, I dont need any more temptation....

;)

« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 01:03:46 PM by Mason »

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 01:02:06 PM »
Very similar to the old citadel LE powered armour trooper.  Looked at those colbalt minis for a while now.

That guy is on my paint table right now, so I can shoot some comparison pics when I am done.

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 01:08:50 PM »
Your latest offerings have all been very inspiring and 'The List' keeps growing.
You can stop posting now, I dont need any more temptation....

;)

Thanks very much :)

I have been painting lot of old school stuff lately. Right now I am not really working on any perticular projects, so I just paint whatever I feel like, which is very refreshing.

But I also think lot of people on LAF is doing Rogue Trader stuff lately, which is always inspiring to me.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 01:15:44 PM »
I have been painting lot of old school stuff lately. Right now I am not really working on any perticular projects, so I just paint whatever I feel like, which is very refreshing.

I am thinking of adopting this approach for a while as I have so many different things that I want to do and cannot decide what to concentrate on.
This may be the answer.

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 01:27:16 PM »
It has really helped me to get something done and get my joy of painting back.

A few other things have helped me along too.

1. I have become a better painter, so it is more enjoyable to paint, when I am satisfied with the result.

2. I have found a level between how much time I use on each miniature and level of painting standard where I can be satisfied with both. Earlier I could sometime keep correcting small errors for very long time and to be honest, I don't think the result was much better than now.

3. On another forum I am keeping a log of what I paint and what I buy, which is inspiring me to buy less and paint more, right now painting is up more than 20 models, so it works so far :)

4. Also I started my own Blogspot blog, I don't get much feedback there yet, but I think it is nice to go there myself and see my latest projects collected in a nice and orderly way.

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 05:06:44 PM »
Reasonably priced Ambulls? That's just crazy talk!  :o

Much congrats on those! As for 'so I can make a whole colony', as they supposedly ambushed from underground, and were individual preditors, you just need several small mounds for such a colony.  lol

All looking very good, from the Cobalt figure through the toxic-venting straws(no, REALLY), but those beasts are about as charming a paint job as I've seen.

Doug

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 05:29:07 PM »
Thanks very much...

About the price thing. Ever since I saw what GW charges for miniatures these days I don't consider collecting Rogue Trader stuff to be expensive anymore.... and the quality is so much better too...

Offline Suber

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 05:41:21 PM »
About the price thing. Ever since I saw what GW charges for miniatures these days I don't consider collecting Rogue Trader stuff to be expensive anymore.... and the quality is so much better too...

...And they are characterful, and everything... No doubt, great choice :).
And great Ambulls too! ;)

Offline area23

• Mastermind
    • area23
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2013, 06:41:40 PM »
Great stuff.
If you don't believe in lead, you're already dead.
+++AREA23 BLOG+++