Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:12:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690904
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Blood on the Sands **NEW** Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears...  (Read 193403 times)

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
Re: Gladiator bouts: Blood on the Sands **NEW** Examples of Counters
« Reply #390 on: November 19, 2013, 04:53:59 PM »
I purchased some indented blank dice and some adhesive label sheets from this place:

http://indentedblankdice.com/

Can you believe that NO ONE in the dealer room at GenCon had indented six sided dice? There had to have been 10 dice manufacturers and thousands upon thousands of different dice... but what I needed... nope!
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #391 on: November 19, 2013, 04:56:23 PM »
Hoping to get a few matches in this week with the beginnings of a campaign. :)

Still waiting for you to confirm... ::)

;D

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Watts

• Bookworm
    • Toronto Historical Miniature Gamers
« Reply #392 on: November 19, 2013, 05:02:06 PM »
Things are really looking great! I'm really glad to hear the campaign rules are coming along as well.

I was supposed to play last week but it got pushed to this Wednesday, so I should have another AAR later this week.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #393 on: November 19, 2013, 11:56:26 PM »
For anyone in the US, I picked up some concave dice and made some stickers for them via gamecrafter.  If it's okay with Furt I can put together a dice/stickers combo and link it here (without any profit to me by the way).

I don't know if Furt has any plans on producing/selling dice, so I'll wait for his go-ahead.  I've posted pics of some of the dice before, but I'll take close-ups prior to putting together some dice sets.  Furt, let me know boss.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #394 on: November 20, 2013, 10:01:11 AM »
Em-4 do custom dice, and also sell blanks. It could be worth contacting them about the possibility of having some done.

I'd contacted them previously about some custom designs and they were very reasonably priced, obviously the price would be much more favourable the more ordered.
Ray.

"They say I killed six or seven men for snoring. It ain't true. I only killed one man for snoring."

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #395 on: November 20, 2013, 11:08:51 AM »
Hmmm, that'd definitely be worth a look - if anything perhaps we could arrange a big group buy just for LA fellas who want to play.  I love me some custom dice, but they're normally pretty damned expensive (read: $3-4 per dice unless you order hundreds).

I figure players will want/need around 24 dice - this would allow two gladiators at level 6 (needing 12 action dice a piece).  Another option (haven't seen your new sheets Furt) is to simply add a small dice icon in the action dice boxes on the sheet (like you do on the actions sheet).  A small dice face in the lower corner of each action dice box so players can roll normal D6's and quickly associate where to place the dice.

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
« Reply #396 on: November 20, 2013, 11:26:41 AM »
Em-4 do custom dice, and also sell blanks. It could be worth contacting them about the possibility of having some done.

I'd contacted them previously about some custom designs and they were very reasonably priced, obviously the price would be much more favourable the more ordered.

I will certainly contact them and get an idea on price. I would like to offer the dice as an option for those that didn't want to make their own.

Alternatively as Elbows mentioned a small icon on the Play Sheet will go a long way in helping those that want to use standard d6. Again though, it just doesn't have the same feel for me rolling "normal" d6.  :)
“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #397 on: November 20, 2013, 12:14:54 PM »
Just thought I'd put it out there.

If every player wanted their own 12 dice I should think even just within LAF itself you'd be up to a few hundred dice pretty quickly. If there was the chance to offer them in different colours too, even two opposing colours (black/white, red/blue) I'm sure that would add to the appeal.

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
Re: Re: Gladiator bouts: Blood on the Sands **NEW** Examples of Counters
« Reply #398 on: November 20, 2013, 12:31:22 PM »
Guys, the dice are SO easy to make!  I have SAGA which has a similar mechanic and custom dice to go with it, and I decided 12 GBP was just crazy for the plastic, and evidentally I was not alone.  So people went out and made their own.  I dojnt like the EM3 dice, they are rounded edges and no depression. The ones that Furt suggested are cheap and nicely made.  I bought about 8 sets of 12 dice each.  I now have enough for full sets for both games.  If you use the pdf Furt provided, and either follow his instructions or print to clear vinyl, you'll be in dice heaven in no time!  BTW, I agree with Furt 100%, the dice add to the feel of the game.
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
« Reply #399 on: November 20, 2013, 07:56:34 PM »
Guys, the dice are SO easy to make!  I have SAGA which has a similar mechanic and custom dice to go with it, and I decided 12 GBP was just crazy for the plastic, and evidentally I was not alone.  So people went out and made their own.  I dojnt like the EM3 dice, they are rounded edges and no depression. The ones that Furt suggested are cheap and nicely made.  I bought about 8 sets of 12 dice each.  I now have enough for full sets for both games.  If you use the pdf Furt provided, and either follow his instructions or print to clear vinyl, you'll be in dice heaven in no time!  BTW, I agree with Furt 100%, the dice add to the feel of the game.

With a bit of time and effort, the dice are really easy to make and do come up pretty impressive looking. I may try to do a white symbol on black background pdf so people can make both a black and white set, which in my opinion look pretty "classic".

I will pursue "professionally" made dice for those still interested. 

TBC - what is the vinyl product? I don't think I have heard of it.  :?

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #400 on: November 20, 2013, 07:59:25 PM »
Having read trough this topic I am really looking forwards to finding some time to play this with TBC. Our previous attempts at planing a game have been rather disastrous. 
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #401 on: November 20, 2013, 08:10:40 PM »
With a bit of time and effort, the dice are really easy to make and do come up pretty impressive looking. I may try to do a white symbol on black background pdf so people can make both a black and white set, which in my opinion look pretty "classic".

I will pursue "professionally" made dice for those still interested. 

TBC - what is the vinyl product? I don't think I have heard of it.  :?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130740044923?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Cheers!

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #402 on: November 20, 2013, 08:11:09 PM »
Having read trough this topic I am really looking forwards to finding some time to play this with TBC. Our previous attempts at planing a game have been rather disastrous. 

PM me! :)

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
« Reply #403 on: November 20, 2013, 08:12:34 PM »

There are a few games scheduled in the coming days by quite a few playtesters. I am looking forward to yourself and TBC's inaugural AAR although.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #404 on: November 20, 2013, 08:23:00 PM »
PM me! :)
The moment I actually have some time off.  :D Have both my girlfriends and my birthday coming up after that I should manage to actually have a Friday of again, I hope.  :`

Furt, I guess not a lot of chance of getting a copy of the playtest rules so I can be up to date when I get round to that game?  ;)