Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:04:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Blood on the Sands **NEW** Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears...  (Read 193615 times)

Offline Monty

• Scientist
    • Monty's Caravan Blog
Re: Gladiator bouts: Blood on the Sands **NEW** Bots Covers
« Reply #660 on: September 10, 2014, 07:21:24 PM »
I'm very sorry to hear those sad news, Furt.
Actually BotS caught me after having read this threat and I was really keen to get it and play it. Honestly I hope that there'll open another door to publish your work. As for me I have no problem with making the boards or counters myself.
On the hand Diane and Martin from Warbases are incredibly kind and helpful people. Maybe you could ask them whether they could provide MDF counters for a reasonable price. For all my special whishes they did indeed.

Anyway if there's a chance to support BotS then let me know. Although I haven't seen it in reality yet I would appreciate a KS or something like that very much.

Keep calm and carry on!

Good luck
Stefam
Please visit my blog: Monty's Caravan

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #661 on: September 10, 2014, 11:00:08 PM »
Yep, I have a buddy who I could convince to do mdf counters as well...let us know if we can help put you in touch with people.  He's a small time producer but you could easily place a large order.  I think Warbases is closer though - save you on shipping.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
« Reply #662 on: September 10, 2014, 11:40:23 PM »
Again thanks all for the support. I really appreciate everyone's suggestions and offers - it is very reassuring.  :)

I hold no hard feelings against the gaming company and realize that from a business point of view, BotS was not for them, which is fair enough. It was just disappointing that I thought I was in with a chance to start with. BotS has never and will never be about making money for me (although that would be nice)

I have spoken at length about what form BotS could/would take, Elbows especially, a KS, a real book or even a pdf, but when it all comes down to it I don't feel BotS is polished enough yet. I also refuse to release something I'm not 100% happy with, just for the sake of getting it out there.

As the rules stand, they are heavily playtested, they work and they are most importantly fun, but what needs polishing is the layout, wording and presentation. I am finding writing the rules in a concise and logical manner a daunting task, which I have attempted to complete countless times.  :(

I am also concerned I may never be quite happy enough with what I write, which is worrying. That was something the gaming company could also of rectified for me, taking that element out of my hands.

Again thanks everyone.

“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #663 on: September 11, 2014, 05:45:12 AM »
Well I'd guess there is someone around who has experience as a technical editor...and could help you with that.  I experienced the same thing (and still do...) with my only game I've put out.  Constantly questioning the wording, phrasing, and whether or not people figured it out.

At the end of the day, we'll figure it out.  Or we'll game it the way we read it until we figure out otherwise...or we'll pester you with emails until we get an answer.  Think about how many questionable statements are made in rules of every type.  Even the biggest, most well funded companies occasionally type stuff up that is confusing as hell.

Heck I'd even be happy to do some video reviews of the game.  This is the 90% area that so many games seem to get frozen on.  I just powered through it, though I'm still revising and editing my stuff...(one benefit of the PDF release is that you can update it if you use a site like Wargames Vault or something).

Anyway, we're here and the arena sands are pristine...waiting for blood!

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #664 on: September 11, 2014, 10:03:47 PM »
Hey Furt,
There is Really no Reason to give up. Sell this beautiful Rules via wargames vault, make more Promotion on Forums. It is to good to give up.
And I think every Project will have These Point of "Black hole".

Come on, a Lot of Fans beliefe in your work.
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Mookiefer

• Lurker
« Reply #665 on: October 27, 2014, 08:12:01 PM »
Hi Furt,

I can't wait to see this game. Kickstarter or print and play with Wargames Vault are both great ideas in my book.

Chris

Offline swordman

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Librarian
« Reply #666 on: October 28, 2014, 04:14:32 PM »
Chris, I think you're not the only one

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
« Reply #667 on: October 28, 2014, 07:24:56 PM »
Thanks gents.  :)

Keep heart, as I am not giving up, just trying to get over a bump and I have a few cogs turning at the moment.

As Elbows mentioned above, what I really need is an editor or better still someone who is a capable rules writer or technical writer who can help sort out the rules and get it to a finished product.

If anyone knows of someone or is that someone I'd love to have a chat with them. I'm sure there are folk here on LAF up to that challenge.

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
Blood on the Sands **NEW** Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears...
« Reply #668 on: March 17, 2015, 07:38:42 PM »
Took me a while to find this thread, considering how long it's been since I updated it. But I have some news.

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears.

Today I signed a contract to see Blood on the Sands published.

It's been a LONG haul and there is a lot of work to be done, but it is happening.

More info to follow.

Time to lay down.  o_o  o_o  o_o

« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 10:26:39 AM by Furt »

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #669 on: March 17, 2015, 07:52:45 PM »
 :)
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Congratulations Frank. Well deserved  :)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Great news!

Well done, mate.
 :)

Offline Dr DeAth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Little Lead Men
Brilliant news!

Now . . .

Photos of my recent efforts are at www.littleleadmen.com and https://beaverlickfalls.blogspot.com

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
Great to hear it. It shows, that it is important not to give up and fight for your projects. Hope to hear in the short future, where i have to send my order to.

Offline WillieB

• Mastermind
  • Gotcha!
Great news Frank!
I'll be one of the first to buy a copy of what I feel may be the best gladiator rule set ever.
Panic, Chaos and Disorder. My job here is done