Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:41:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690905
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Blood on the Sands **NEW** Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears...  (Read 193427 times)

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Yup  :D

lol I have 13 gladiators and counting painted up, addictive aren't they by time I have them all done appears out of nowhere I will have 40+  :o. Nice and easy to paint though :)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
We're playing again tomorrow night  :D

cheers

James

Its true we are and James is a Git :D
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius

Goes without saying.  ;)

Hope to see an AAR. Thumbs at the ready.  :D
Ray.

"They say I killed six or seven men for snoring. It ain't true. I only killed one man for snoring."

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Thumbs at the ready.  :D

Up or down though, that's the question  :D

And I'm not a git  ;D

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Up or down though, that's the question  :D

And I'm not a git  ;D

cheers

James

I meant to prefix that with Lucky  lol ;D :D

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
2 hours reading this thread😁 embarkingon vladiators myself now and watching this thread keenly for release dates as gladiator rules seem to be a bit of a holy grail😋😋

The holy grail of gladiator rules is exactly what started this whole thing in the first place - not saying that's what BotS is, but it is what prompted me to pursue a gladiator game of my own; something that felt like you were fighting an actual match.

We're playing again tomorrow night  :D

I really need to get you gents an updated rules document. There has been a few significant changes since you last entered the arena, including an edit of the campaign rules.

The publisher and his playtesters ran an EIGHT player campaign, something I never envisioned possible, and shed some light on issues facing a larger number of players. They of course had to play simultaneous matches to get through a campaign turn, running 2 or 3 boards at a time. They even had an online Campaign tracker, that may actually become a feature that will become available to others.

At the very moment we are discussing our different options to measure Fatigue and a redesign of the gladiator playsheet.

Hang on what happened to the infamous "Bibbles the Flos"?  :o  :o  :o

"James the Lucky Git" does have a certain ring to it although...
“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
"James the Lucky Git" does have a certain ring to it although...

Cant say that I have ever heard him called 'Lucky' before..... :D

Offline Eithriall

• Scientist
  • Ars longa, vita brevis
The publisher and his playtesters ran an EIGHT player campaign, something I never envisioned possible, and shed some light on issues facing a larger number of players. They of course had to play simultaneous matches to get through a campaign turn, running 2 or 3 boards at a time. They even had an online Campaign tracker, that may actually become a feature that will become available to others.

Great !  :o
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”Robert E. Howard, The Tower of The Elephant, 1933

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Well, I carefully packed my figures, loaded ten into the car, drow the harrowing 20minute journey to Nicks only to find that my time had been wasted and that sat down and battered all evening  lol

Sorry Frank, we will play again soon  :)

cheers

James

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Well, I carefully packed my figures, loaded ten into the car, drow the harrowing 20minute journey to Nicks only to find that my time had been wasted and that sat down and battered all evening  lol

Sorry Frank, we will play again soon  :)

cheers

James

Having a spot of bother with your spellchecker again are you?

Drow the harrowing?
That sat down and battered all evening?

lol

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
Yep, I wondered what he was smoking or drinking? lol
Cheers,
Poiter50

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
I understood every word James said....honest Guv ;D

I have 17 gladiators painted now and counting, an order of 15 more on its way from North Star/Brigade games, really nice and easy to paint though halfway through Sparticus season 2 and not sure whether it is the lustful antics on screen or the lashings of blood that are spurring the painting ;D lol

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Ah shit, that's terrible  lol

I'll start again...

We didn't play  ;D

Large thumbs, small touch screen, dodgy spellchecker, not my fault  ;)

cheers

James 

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
We didn't play  ;D

Yeah I got the general gist of that. I have experienced James' tablet "talk" before - it's like another language.

I have 17 gladiators painted now and counting, an order of 15 more on its way from North Star/Brigade games, really nice and easy to paint though halfway through Sparticus season 2 and not sure whether it is the lustful antics on screen or the lashings of blood that are spurring the painting ;D lol

Collecting gladiators can get a little addictive, although you really only require 6 to play BotS. Where can we see your ludus Lowtardog?

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
Spartacus is a damn fine show, and the inspiration for my own ludus! Lack of a good game convinced me to sell them off, but now with this.coming out, I may just go ahead and do the 54mm sculpts I've been dreaming of... Base models from Bronze Age, and my own clumsy details.