Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:18:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690898
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Blood on the Sands **NEW** Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears...  (Read 193369 times)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Spartacus the first season is excellent, followed by the excellent prequel half-season (part two).

However I lost my interest in the last two seasons...when the characters changed and it was no longer gladiator based.  Also by that point most of the best acting talent was killed off.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
My wife didn't enjoy the last 2 seasons either, mostly due to Andy dying and a new actor taking over as Spartacus. I still enjoyed them, but Season 1 is by far the best.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
The two great houses of Malamutius Calvus and Medicus Mortem met tonight and decided to favour honoured guests with two matched pairs: Thraex Vs Myrmillo and Myrmillo Vs Hoplomachus.

The Thraex Vs Myrmillo was a long drawn out fight with the Thraex being forced to surrender after becoming exhausted due to sustained injuries and much bleeding. The Myrmillo was almost at the point of exhaustion too but was lucky with having a higher stamina (level four). The crowd were happy with the match and granted Missio to the Thraex.

The second match was a quick, brutal and bloody affair. The Hoplomachus  gained the upper hand early with a couple of well timed jabs with his spear, resulting in wounds for the Myrmillo. But out of nowhere the Myrmillo replied with several well timed attacks and two wounds to the stomach of the Hoplomachus. Two stumble rolls later and the Hoplomachus lay dead stabbed in the vitals in front of the stunned crowd who expected to see a repeat of the first bout.

1-1 draw at the end of the evening. Both Houses were content, especially after pizza and home made gelato. ;D

Still loving the game Frank,hugely enjoyable. :) :) :)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 09:46:28 AM by Malamute »
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Dr DeAth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Little Lead Men
The two great houses of Malamutius Calvus and Medicus Mortem met tonight and decided to favour honoured guests with two matched pairs: Thraex Vs Myrmillo and Myrmillo Vs Hoplomachus.

The Thraex Vs Myrmillo was a long drawn out fight with the Thraex being forced to surrender after becoming exhausted due to sustained injuries and much bleeding. The Myrmillo was almost at the point of exhaustion too but was lucky with having a higher stamina (level four). The crowd were happy with the match and granted Missio to the Thraex.

The second match was a quick, brutal and bloody affair. The Hoplomachus  gained the upper hand early with a couple of well timed jabs with his spear, resulting in wounds for the Myrmillo. But out of nowhere the Myrmillo replied with several well timed attacks and two wounds to the stomach of the Hoplomachus. Two stumble rolls later and the Hoplomachus lay dead stabbed in the vitals in front of the stunned crowd who expected to see a repeat of the first bout.

1-1 draw at the end of the evening. Both Houses were content, especially after pizza and home made gelato. ;D

Two good games.  I was pleasantly surprised how quickly the rules came back to mind given we've had a prolonged break from the them; sign of a good set of rules!

Ice cream was good too, chocolate with a dash of expresso, served with fresh strawberries:

MalaGelato, ice cream for the discerning palette
Photos of my recent efforts are at www.littleleadmen.com and https://beaverlickfalls.blogspot.com

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
MalaGelato, ice cream for the discerning palette

::)

See what happens when I'm not there to 'man it up'  lol
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
::)

See what happens when I'm not there to 'man it up'  lol

Dont worry, mate.
At least you had a manly lunch.
 :D

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Dont worry, mate.
At least you had a manly lunch.

Well I suppose the bloke he had lunch with looked like a girl. ;) :D

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Well I suppose the bloke he had lunch with looked like a girl. ;) :D

Follicle envy is not very becoming in a Lanista, oh Calvus Brevis Unus.

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"

Thanks for sharing gents - that makes me very happy to hear.  :)

There are some considerable changes to the Actions, along with a few other little things like, Heavies now receive a 6 Armour Save to their left leg (thanks to Elbows) and how Fame works for example.

After a few more things are tidied up I'll try to get you the latest version.
“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Looking forward to seeing the changes. :)

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Me too  :)

Offline Hu Rhu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Ditto

Offline Justin Buck

• Scientist
    • The Parade Ground
Any word on when this would come out? Still kicking myself for not jumping in on the playtesting and can't wait for the rules to come out.

Sorry for the thread necromancy...

Justin

Offline Vulca

• Lurker
What's up with the posts here? Is there any new info?

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
Furt has been having some issues with the distributor/publisher, they were goading into him turning it into a board game. He wasn't a happy chappy last I spoke to him :(