Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:53:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690886
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Old West board - campaign game...  (Read 3499 times)

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Old West board - campaign game...
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2014, 12:19:23 PM »
Dos Cruces

Dos Cruces is an old dusty and dry village, a perfect place to disappear to as not that many even know about its existence. Located in the border area of Texas and Mexico with current population of some 20 or so sinners it is not a place for those who seek adventure and action to uplift their meager existences.

The village is named after two stone crosses located at the town's old (and only) cemetery. The names carved on the crosses have faded a long time ago but the current padre of Dos Cruces' o presumes that two crosses were erected to the original founders of the iglesia but question remains, who buried them and left the parish unattended for several decades…

In the surrounding more populous locations there's talk that somewhere near Dos Cruces there's a hidden gold treasure, buried deep in the Apache territory that is located partly within the area claimed by the Dos Cruces but extends much wider, on both sides of the border between Texas and Mexico.

A very seldom used railroad line runs just some miles from the village center and occasionally train stops at the official stop… sometimes it's just bellows past, even if there would be a person waiting to board the train or even more miraculously someone wanting to step off the train.

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2014, 02:13:29 PM »
Purgatory - Arizona Territory, within spitting distance of Tombstone.  Frequently used as a hideout, and base camp by various outlaw groups.  The Lawmen try to keep thing in order, but the tin stars seem to be attached to a revolving door.  The lawabiding townsfolk tend to live on the outskirts, where they generally need to take horse and buggy to get to Main Street. Olivia's is the main town watering hole, managed by a lovely ex-soiled dove who keeps a sawed off shotgun under the bar. The pride of the town is the Purgatory Palace, where one can see first class entertainment and eat a fine meal.

Nick

Offline Gutbukkit

• Mad Scientist
    • Hrafnslith - Dark Age Reenactment
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2014, 06:45:52 PM »
Schitte Creek A small gold mining town near the Mexican border. The mine has been long abandoned, due to veins running out and far too many tunnel collapses. The towns only income now coming from panning the creek. The town is run down and outlaws and desperadoes run the town, the law hiding in their Sheriffs office and keep their eyes blind to the trouble that goes on. The train runs by here but rarely stops anymore, passengers more often making their way to Quebrada del Toro.

Here's a little town plan I knocked up a while ago.

Quebrada del Toro (Bull's Deep) Not far from Schitte Creek, nearer the Mexiccan border lies an old Mexican adobe town. A booming cattle town with new rail head, Quebrada del Toro is one more reason for the misfortunes of Schitte Creek, as travellers bypass Schitte Creek in favour of the more prosperous but older cattle town. 

Offline warlord frod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2014, 05:30:08 AM »
My Arizona Territory backwater town of Tinkers Creek will not be completed until sometime early to mid summer but I really would love to be included.

Tinkers Creek is a cattle town near the Mexican boarder and the Apache Indian lands. Its full of fellas looking to let off a little steam, Mexican bandits, Cattle rustlers, Outlaws and U.S Army Cav. Units there to help contain the Apache. There are the occasional cattle drives brought through town and there is the hope of a rail connection coming through one day so that cattle can be transported to market. At the moment it is on a Wells Fargo stage route so the stage comes through on a regular basis. With Tombstone and Tucson to the north there is the occasional gambler and Eastern Dandy coming through to the territory. As you can imagine there are plenty of tails to tell in my little town  :D     

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2014, 07:31:29 PM »

Hopkirk's Crossing
Hopkirk's Crossing is the main town in a southern Dakota Territory area near Elkridge. The town lies just north of a ford across the Little White Creek river . It was established by John D Hopkirk Senior who managed to convince the railroad to stop there and now it's an important location for local cattle ranchers and for the nearby silver mine, Salvation (I did make sure that there were silver mines locally!). Since Hopkirk Senior died his rotten no-good son JD Hopkirk Jnr tries to run the show as well as the local bordello and gambling house. The town is under the protection of Sherrif Wade Tilman, his brother and a few decent deputies. A smaller town, Hospitality, to the south is steadily growing under the influence of cattle baron Boss McQuarrie. The McQuarrie men often run foul of Tilman and Hopkirk's men. Other locales are the McQuarrie ranch 'The Big Q'; Tom Randall's Elkridge Ranch north of the river; derelict Old Man Mortimer's Place; deserted town and outlaw haven Ruin's Road to the east; and Tinderwood the local cemetery. Besides the law, Hopkirk's men and the local ranchers, there are a few outlaw gangs in the area (particularly the O'Driscoll gang and the Ruin's Road Boys); the silver miners (lead by a particularly religious individual); and some renegade Lakota Sioux led by the notorious Black Elk (who rumour has it is often sheltered by one of the locals). Some strangers have also appeared in Hospitality who seem to be taking a lot of interest in Tilman and his deputies.

This was a 4'x4' planned town but it will probably be more like 6'x4' now!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 07:35:57 PM by Elk101 »

Offline Supercollider

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2014, 09:27:10 PM »
I use my terrain to make all sorts of settings... I don't really have a background as such.

I have terrain to make adobe towns, wooden towns, deserts, railroads, forests, plains, rivers, etc.  And enough figures to make skirmishes featuring cowboys/outlaws/lawmen/pinkertons, townsfolk, cultists, native Americans, Mexicans, Miners, Union and Confederate troops, western/victorian zombies, vsf/steampunk automatons/vehicles and machines, cattle drives, wagons/stagecoaches/armored carts, etc. 

Basically I'm pretty flexible setting-wise.

Our games are normally set in Southern California, New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona, or Texas.