Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:20:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for help finding tavern floor plans.  (Read 2677 times)

Offline smokezombie

• Mad Scientist
Looking for help finding tavern floor plans.
« on: March 14, 2013, 12:20:08 PM »
Hello fellas.

I'm thinking about doing the "last orders" Mordheim scenario for my group. I don't fancy making a whole tavern ( mainly because it would never get finished  :'( ) so am trying, quite unsuccessfully I might add, to find some sort of floor plans/ map tile that I can print off and tart up. It need to be quite big as we play 4 player. Anyone got any ideas?
"The sword sung on the barren heath,
The sickle in the fruitful field;
The sword he sung a song of death,
But could not make the sickle yield."
William Blake

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Looking for help finding tavern floor plans.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 01:14:10 PM »
So you didn't try to google anything? ;)

Here:

http://www.inkwellideas.com/roleplaying_tools/random_inn/

Offline Neotacha

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 01:31:41 PM »
That's a cool site, pocoloco.

You might also look at drive through RPG.  ( drivethrustuff.com )  I often find things there, although they might be smallish for your needs.

Offline smokezombie

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 02:47:07 PM »
So you didn't try to google anything? ;)

Here:

http://www.inkwellideas.com/roleplaying_tools/random_inn/

Cheeky monkey.  ;D lol I just couldn't be bothered lol

Actually I couldn't find anything I liked.  That's a good link pocoloco cheers. But I want More lol.
No really... I'd like something that has floor detail etc. It would be great if I could print some stuff off to attach to some foam core so detail is a requisite not overly done tho. I'm happy to make tables and large bar furniture.....ooooh and I want a few levels....

I'm going to have to scratch build it aren't I? :-[

Thanks neotacha. I came across that site in my search but didn't see anything I liked. I'll give it a closer look tho.

Has anyone else played this scenario? What did you use?

Offline Cory

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 03:48:45 PM »
For scenarios that call for a tavern fight we usually use our normal buildings to form a town square and treat the whole thing as an outdoor festival. That way the only thing that needs built are tables and benches which can be knocked out fairly quickly. A few lanterns (made of beads) on strings attached to one or two of the buildings lends to the festival atmosphere.

We even have some livestock with ribbons to stampede about to keep the chaos level up and give the GM something to do.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 04:00:57 PM »
Now that is a damn clever idea, Cory!
 :D

Street party in Mordheim.....
Get building some stalls and tables, smokezombie, we are all coming round for the party!

(Even more clever would be to build some market stallsso that they could still be used in Mordheim, SA and Pulp games.... ;).......hint, hint.... :D)

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 05:59:39 PM »
http://rpgmapshare.com/

http://www.cartographersguild.com/forum.php

... And probably a lot of other sites. Seriously, there have to be more tavern floorplans than plans of anything else in the fantasy genre.

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 06:02:54 PM »
But the link that I posted lets you generate floorplans, you can then print the pics and scale them to fit your needs for miniatures?

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 06:30:16 PM »
Cut up boards from old boardgames?

I saw someone using old Cluedo boards for pulp/Cthulhu floor tiles.
Maybe you could do something similar with Heroquest/Mage Knight boards?

Damaged boardgames from charity shops are a pittance - they usually bin the damaged ones so if they find a nutter willing to buy them.....
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline qazbnm

• Librarian
    • http://qazbnmsreturn.blogspot.se
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 06:31:57 PM »
The border town burning website has a downoad link for these tiles: http://cianty.ashtonsanders.com/btb/pdf/A3%20Brewhouse%20Templates.pdf
It says they are originally from the Brewhouse Bash game in WD 223. I have only used it once, but it works!

Offline smokezombie

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 07:07:18 PM »
For scenarios that call for a tavern fight we usually use our normal buildings to form a town square and treat the whole thing as an outdoor festival. That way the only thing that needs built are tables and benches which can be knocked out fairly quickly. A few lanterns (made of beads) on strings attached to one or two of the buildings lends to the festival atmosphere.

We even have some livestock with ribbons to stampede about to keep the chaos level up and give the GM something to do.

This!
That's a cracking idea Cory. ( rubs hands together) I like this very much. Many many thanks.

@quzbnm I saw those templates. Don't like them at all and not big enough for 4 player ( would probably look a bit off if scaled up too). Thanks for the reply tho.

@fastolfrus a nice idea. I shall be keeping my eyes pealed in future.

@pocoloco  Clearly I wasn't looking closely enough. I'll have another peek when I put the nippers to bed. Sorry fella.

@cherno there are quite a few out there this is true. I actually found two good ones when I was at work the other day but when I got home I couldn't remember where I found them. Then everything else I saw didn't match up with what was in my head.

@Mason. That will now be the plan. I have some jangly fellas who are quite partial to some cider and bunting so if I can make it work for both worlds I'll be a happy chap. Even happier if they go with this farm I have had my eye on  :D

Cheers for the replys.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 07:19:42 PM »
Even happier if they go with this farm I have had my eye on  :D

You had better send a PM to the fella to see if he is doing the offer at Salute.
 ;)

Offline smokezombie

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 08:06:23 PM »
Lol. Already have lol

Offline qazbnm

• Librarian
    • http://qazbnmsreturn.blogspot.se
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2013, 12:40:13 PM »
@quzbnm I saw those templates. Don't like them at all and not big enough for 4 player ( would probably look a bit off if scaled up too). Thanks for the reply tho.
Yes, I see your point with the size. I think werekin ran the Last Orders scenario with only heroes for a battle report posted at liber malefic. Also one of the doors is too small for the ogre bouncer, when I played the scenario the bouncer had to take a strength test to break through the wall  :). But the best thing of course would be a larger/better floor plan. I'll take a look at Chernos links and report back if I find something appropriate!

EDIT: I found this map: http://www.wargamevault.com/product/101963/Basic-Tavern It's free, and the tavern consists of 12 A4 sections. You also get a choice for either squares or hexes. Looks much better than the one from WD if you ask me.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 01:02:27 PM by qazbnm »