Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:50:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690588
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 840
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Pulp Alley Release Announcement  (Read 4777 times)

Offline Johnny Aces

• Bookworm
    • Pulp Alley
Pulp Alley Release Announcement
« on: March 15, 2013, 01:52:58 AM »
She'd found it, the treasure she had sought for over three years. Pulling a small weighted bag from her satchel, Pulp Girl moved cautiously toward her reward. A single swift motion removed the treasure from its perch, replacing it with the weighted bag. Gazing down, a faint glow lit her face as she beheld her wondrous reward... newly printed Pulp Alley Rulebooks and Fortune decks!

The Pulp Alley team of Dave and Mila are proud to announce the release of printed copies of their fantastic rules set. Forty-four pages of pulse-pounding pulp action, with all the rules needed to bring dashing heroes, dastardly dangers, and daring escapes to the tabletop.

Along with these beautiful new copies of Pulp Alley, Dave and Mila are also releasing their printed Fortune decks. Printed on premium 310 gsm plastic coated (linen). In addition to the 45 Fortune cards and 5 Reward cards, the deck also includes two blank Rewards and two blank Fortune cards for custom perils and rewards or to act as "red herrings".

Available now in the PULP ALLEY online store (http://pulpalleycom.ipage.com/store/). The new rulebooks are available for $16.99, and the decks are $13.99.
Co-Writer of Pulp Alley:Perilous Island
Grand Poobah of Pulp Alley Propaganda

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
Re: Pulp Alley Release Announcement
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 04:19:18 AM »
Available now in the PULP ALLEY online store (http://pulpalleycom.ipage.com/store/). The new rulebooks are available for $16.99, and the decks are $13.99.

Awesome...I plan to pick up a set, soon. On a humorous note, that explains why a friend of mine who went to Cold Wars couldn't find the rules in the dealer area...ha, ha!

Mike Demana

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 06:48:09 AM »
Looking good guys.

Cheers,
IanKH
Below is a link to my blog. It's the place where I write uninteresting things about little toy soldiers. I do this because I refuse to grow up and behave like an adult.

http://this28mmlife.blogspot.com.au/

Offline Johnny Aces

• Bookworm
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 12:08:29 PM »
The first run was a bit of a limit printing so I'm not sure how many dealers will be able to get their hands on a copy. Dave and Mila have been working very hard to get orders out as quickly as possible so send your friend over to the website and they'll have it before they know it.

Thanks to all for the support. Dave has created something amazing and with two supplements coming soon(and many more ideas for future material), the future looks very exciting.

Offline Wolf Girl

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 11:02:33 PM »
I've been helping Dad pack up a lot of books and signing the backs. I hope everyone likes their copies and decks. We went through a lot to get them finished. :D

Mila Phipps, Pulp Girl
mila@pulpalley.com

Offline gharak

• Librarian
    • Aegeus: Age of Mythical Battles
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 12:25:53 AM »
Looking forward to receiving the book and the new cards, they'll add that something special to the game.

Thanks guys

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 01:07:14 AM »
THANKS to everyone that took advantage of our pre-release deal. We really appreciate your support!  :-*

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 09:34:44 PM »
A big THANKS to all the wonderful Pulp Alley players that have been sending us such positive feedback for the new printed Fortune decks and rulebooks.

Mila and I are a bit overwhelmed and incredibly thankful for all your support!  :-*

PS – If you requested a signed copy, this will appear inside the front-cover – just below the Contents table.

THANKS!

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 06:53:33 AM »
I'm very pleased with my book and deck, good quality and very professional. Very reasonable price as well, thanks.

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2013, 10:37:55 AM »
Shocking how fast this arrived on Guam!  Pulp Girl must have flown this in by seaplane herself!  Nice quality, especially the cards!
LB
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Offline Irishrover13

• Scientist
  • Most of what I say is lost in translation.
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 12:27:18 AM »
Hi all,
I got my book and deck earlier this week and I have to say it looks great. I wrote a quick review.
The books is packaged perfectly, not so little as to allow it to be easily damaged but not so much as to be wasteful, it also comes in a reusable plastic sleeve that well not required is a nice touch.   The deck revived a similar degree of protection, and came in a plastic case rather then a paper or thin cardboard sleeve. I am also really pleased with the quality of the products. The Books looks great, and well it is black and white the look adds to the pulpiness of the game rather then detracts from it. As for the deck it is awesome, the cards are coated so you don't need to worry about  spilling tea, pop or other beverages on them. 
Cheers,
Daniel
“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
― C.S. Lewis

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 05:00:17 AM »
THANKS for the comments!

Here’s a pic of the new books. On the right and left you can see the poly slip cover and white backer board that Daniel mentioned in his review –

What makes Pulp Alley different?
•   The turn sequence is dynamic and engaging for all players, instead of the old I-move-then-you-move like checkers.
•   Control of the Initiative is based on events as they occur during the scenario rather than an arbitrary die-roll.
•   Players never need to consult charts while playing a scenario. The action is on the tabletop – not buried in a rulebook.
•   Fights are fast-paced and simultaneously dangerous for both characters, instead of the old I-shoot-then-you-shoot sequence.
•   A character’s injuries directly affect their actions and fighting, but without slowing the game or adding bookkeeping.
•   Perils and challenges are unpredictable and offer multiple paths to success.
•   Characters are easy to create and customize, making each league unique.
•   Scenarios are plot-driven, encourage action, and offer an array of different rewards.
•   Through campaigns and experience your characters can increase their skills and develop new abilities.

And here are the new The Fortune Decks along with the sturdy plastic case – worthy of protecting Pulp Alley cards.

Check out Pulp Alley at -- http://www.pulpalley.com/

Offline Tom Reed

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 03:25:06 PM »
I got my book and card deck a little bit ago and have been looking through both. What really struck me about the book is that it is so easy on the eyes. It is laid out well and the fonts used are easy to read. The photos are also easy to look at and they explain the rules very well. Can you tell that I am very happy with this rulebook. Oh! And the cards are a real treat too!
Jane! Stop this crazy thing!

Offline Wolf Girl

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 11:39:43 PM »
I got my book and card deck a little bit ago and have been looking through both. What really struck me about the book is that it is so easy on the eyes. It is laid out well and the fonts used are easy to read. The photos are also easy to look at and they explain the rules very well. Can you tell that I am very happy with this rulebook. Oh! And the cards are a real treat too!

I'm pretty sure Dad did that because he's going blind. lol

Thank you for the kind words. We really did work hard at making the book read well and laying it out nice. I'm glad you like it so much. :D

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 11:45:57 PM »
I've gotta say the book and cards drip with "class".  8)

Love the style of the book's art and the cards are simple but beautiful.

It appears a very professional production.
“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/