Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:13:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690833
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 8
Guests: 723
Total: 731

Recent

Author Topic: Cult of the Black Goat - March 2013 Update  (Read 1849 times)

Offline LidlessEye

• Mad Scientist
  • Recovering Cultist
Cult of the Black Goat - March 2013 Update
« on: March 21, 2013, 05:25:42 PM »
The equinox is upon us, which means cult members have been shipped a fresh newsletter, filled with previews and amusements.  If you're a member and did not receive yours (do check your spam folder, as it seems to get caught by some), please let me know and I'll get that remedied ASAP.  As an added bonus for cult members, we've also sent out an updated edition of the Von Unaussprechlichen Kulten PDF, expanded to 107 pages and containing all sorts of material not present in the public playtest edition.  New members will also receive these documents (plus an archive of previous newsletters), so you can still get in on the fun. 

This being the beginning of a new "cult" year, it's also time to unveil a brand new cult-exclusive model.  This year, we have a Submerged Deep One, the rules for which appeared in the previous issue of Fhtagn!:

This model will be included with the first order placed by cult members through the UMW store this "cult" year, and also with all new memberships purchased.  As an added incentive to join the ranks of the Black Goat, we'll still be including last year's captive agent models with new memberships until the end of March.

So, what would that Deep One look like out of the water, you might wonder.....

Yow, that's a monster!  Sculpted by LAF's own Iain "Blackstone" Colwell, this beast stands 3" tall, and looks about ready to rip an unfortunate agent in two with those massive webbed hands.  We'll be formally releasing this model with Shocking Tales #4 (should give you a hint as to the issue's theme!), likely in 2014, but have cast up an early batch to make available exclusively to Black Goat members.  Setting this up in the online store was a little tricky: we had to bundle a cult membership (plus download of Fhtagn and VUK) with the model, the price of which is discounted for members when logged in to the store.  A little convoluted, but it also beats having you mail in a form to request your model - yikes, that sure takes me back....  It all seems to work so far, but do PM me or send an email off to webmaster@strange-aeons.ca if you have any trouble with the shop.

So, here's what you get right now if you join the cult:
  • Lifetime cult membership
  • Black Goat logo t-shirt
  • Cult membership card
  • Bi-annual equinox PDF newsletter (including archive of previous newsletters)
  • Revised and expanded Von Unaussprechlichen Kulten PDF
  • Submerged Deep One model (plus captive agents if you join by March 31st)
  • Access to order Deep One (if you want one right away, just buy a Deep One bundled with membership)

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Cult of the Black Goat - March 2013 Update
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 05:43:34 PM »
The big Deepone brought back memories of my late CoC character, James Caelan Brady, dragged under the waves by a similar monster like that!  :'(

Dunno if I really want such a miniature to remind me of that horrbile fate suffered by mr. Brady ;) Who am I kidding, of course I need one! :)

Offline cuchulain23

• Scientist
Re: Cult of the Black Goat - March 2013 Update
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 04:19:27 AM »
I really like the models, can't wait to add them to my collection.  :)