Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:41:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690897
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Busy Week at the Tractor Factory (Recent Work)  (Read 1663 times)

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
Busy Week at the Tractor Factory (Recent Work)
« on: March 21, 2013, 05:59:23 PM »
It continues to be a very productive time Chez Peabody of late. The Mark IV's will take part in a major 'vehicle basing session'. Most of the GAZ-67's will be put aside until I decide how they will be used. The 'Big Wreck' is still a mystery to me. It's base is loaded with urban detail, but I'm gaming Kursk for the time being and paved road is pretty much out. Might just cover over most of the cobblestone roadway.

Mark IV Churchills from Blitzkrieg Miniatures. Battlefield/Blitz crew.

These were dead simple to prep and paint. Excellent casts. You have to look quite closely to see the 3D print rendering lines. I've had some bad experiences with 3D prints in the past, but these paint and detail very nicely indeed.

I now have enough Churchills to do some respectable Lend Lease gaming!  :D

Frontline Wargaming Gaz-67 'Jeeps'
I started these an age ago... The essence of cheap & cheerful. Didn't put much time into prep of these basic models.

Need a slew of jeeps for all sorts of tasks but mostly as command cars. I'm trying out a HAT Tank Rider as 'crew', but while the little guy fills a seat, I'm not 100% sold.

Back to Blitzkrieg Miniatures again with the 'Destroyed Churchill Vehicle Marker'.
This piece is loaded with fine detail including a smashed bicycle, abandoned small arms and a bit of cobblestone road.

There was also a very nice looking wall of sandbags which I chopped off, as this bit obstructed a typical penny-based mini. :? Still, as useful terrain bits go, this will be a keeper.
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!

Offline PAULSPENCE

• Scientist
Re: Busy Week at the Tractor Factory (Recent Work)
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 06:30:38 PM »
Bonjour,

Very nice Churchills.

I've got 4 lend-lease Airfix ones but they're not correct being Mark VIIs (from memory) and I'm certainly tempted to buy some of the Blitzkrieg ones.

I shall see if they've got any at Salute.

Cheers,

Paul

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
Re: Busy Week at the Tractor Factory (Whole Lotta Basing Going On)
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 12:16:31 AM »
Finished in time for our 'big game' coming up...
A 'festival of basing' here over the last few days, as I finished up this bunch and rounded up any other vehicles that were waiting their turn for some basing-love. Eighteen of them... They must be breeding.

These three Mk-VII's are also Blitzkrieg. They had been waiting to be based for a few months. Need them for the game as well.

The Frontline Gaz-67 'Jeeps'.
I resisted the temptation to build-up specific vignettes around commands, teams and their vehicles and decided instead to create a 'wargamer's motor pool'. On each base there is room for three to four additional figures, so a command group, scout team or artillery spotters can be added as needed.
Heck, these can even function as tows for light AT guns.
Given that Battle Group Kursk allows for any team to disembark and function separately from their transport, this seems like a useful way to go.

Going to try out some other crews figures with these. Not happy with the HAT Tank Rider as crew.

And the Destroyed Churchill Marker

Now that it's done I'm satisfied this will work just fine with the rest of the terrain items on our Kursk table.

A good bit of cover for a squad to move to and a suitable piece of decoration for our upcoming game.