Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:42:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Two dungeon crawl adventures using Dwarven Forge & TSR Battlesystem Skirmishes  (Read 4325 times)

Offline m4jumbo

• Scientist
    • Terrain Specialties Forum
Two Con of the North dungeon crawl adventures.

2013 is the second year I have run a dungeon crawl adventure using Dwarven Forge terrain, classic miniatures and the TSR AD&D Battlesystem Skirmishes rules.  For those who aren’t familiar with them, the Battlesystem Skirmishes rules are based on 2nd Edition AD&D and simplify several of the role playing game mechanics to make for a more streamlined miniatures game.   For these scenarios, I include the AD&D game stats on the character cards so we can incorporate some of the more detailed role playing game mechanics when a player wants to do so.  So the scenarios play like a miniatures game with lite role playing aspects.  The set ups are done ahead of time and covered up with cloth pieces so areas can be revealed as the adventurers explore.  

Following are just a few of the many pictures from each of the adventures.   Click on the appropriate links below to see all the pictures and adventure narrative from each year.  Lots of pics, hope you take a look!

Link to all 2013 Dwarven Forge Old School Dungeon Crawl pictures.

Link to all 2012 Dwarven Forge Old School Dungeon Crawl pictures.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013 Dwarven Forge Old School Dungeon Crawl

Dwarven Forge Old School Dungeon Crawl is back with an all new adventure.  Can your party survive the dangerous depths and make it out with fabulous treasure?   Join in this 3D dungeon crawl miniatures game that uses Dwarven Forge terrain.  The highly detailed dungeon will be revealed as you explore. Characters and figures provided.   Rules based on 2nd Ed AD&D, no previous rules knowledge required.  TSR Battlesystem Skirmishes.

The group of adventurers has been hired by the Guild of Wizards to go into the dungeon lair of an evil wizard recently killed in a wizard's duel.  The evil wizard had in his possession a palantir of great power and greater evil.  The group was instructed to retrieve the palantir but avoid touching or using it at any cost.  The wizard’s lair was known to employ many traps and magical guardians, so the adventurers would have to extra careful in order to survive to complete their mission.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Dwarven Forge Old School Dungeon Crawl

Light torches, secure armor, ready weapons and prepare to loot the dungeon.  Can your party survive the dangerous depths and make it out with fabulous treasure?  Join in this 3D dungeon crawl miniatures game that uses Dwarven Forge terrain.  The highly detailed dungeon will be revealed as you explore.  Characters and figures provided.  Rules based on 2nd Ed AD&D.

The heroes were quested by the local ruler to delve into the dungeon beneath the ruined stronghold of Jartek Zuul, a powerful evil cleric who terrorized the surrounding lands centuries ago.  The cleric was reputedly buried with a powerful book of great evil that if found by the wrong person, could once again allow evil to threaten the area.  The ruler's scouts have reported that someone has been searching the ruins, can they be stopped before they find the book?

« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 02:36:17 AM by m4jumbo »
So many games, so little time.
-----------------------------------
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Terrain_Specialties/index.php?act=idx

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
Re: Two dungeon crawl adventures
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 12:01:21 AM »
This. Is. AWESOME! I am so jealous of people with complete dungeons, I want all your dungeon pieces, I want to steal (uh, play) with all your terrain and miniatures; I am so jealous (did I mention that already). OK, now that my inner child has calmed down, I would like to mention that your dungeon is fabulous and I really love all your different (classic) minis, I see Ral Partha, Grenadier, Heritage (?), etc. I don't know where you are situated but I want to be your best friend  :D

Wonderful stuff here,
 Damien

Offline Suber

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Haha, Damien has said it all! lol
Absolutely great!

Offline m4jumbo

• Scientist
    • Terrain Specialties Forum
Thanks Damien and Suber.  It is fun having cool terrain and figs to game with. 

Minnesota is just right around the corner from Edmonton, just bring your classic figs on over for some gaming fun....  :D

Offline Timotl

• Scientist
So dang good! Thanks for posting this. I have been thinking about the new Dwarvenforge Kickstarter and seeing this just about salts it away! I love all the detail you put into this. I would love to play on that! Great job!

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
You're really making me want to bust out all of my dwarven forge stuff... lol
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Doomsdave

• Scatterbrained Genius
This is how I want my D&D games to look.  I am awed and jealous.
This is my boomstick!

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist

Minnesota is just right around the corner from Edmonton, just bring your classic figs on over for some gaming fun....  :D

It's only an 18 hour drive, don't tempt me!   :)

When ever you get the chance post more photos, I love looking at all the details in the dungeons and really cool minis.

Cheers,
 Damien

Offline Golgotha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • BMC Miniatures - All things wargame related.
Fantastic and good to see someone playing Battlesystem. I still maintain that these rules together with the big battle variant are very underated and that with a bit of tweaking they can be some of the best rules around and given that one can convert any fantasy creature/mini and create stats especially given the rich D&D background makes these rules very versatile and flexible.