Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:18:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690966
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 705
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Blood Bowl - Pestigor for Nurgle team Aug 20  (Read 4961 times)

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
Blood Bowl - Pestigor for Nurgle team Aug 20
« on: March 26, 2013, 07:58:55 AM »
Hiyas!

Got an invitation to participate in a Streetbowl tournament and of course I have no team ready.

Decided to field my good old Slaaneshi 69ers (a team that I used to have years ago) [a nod towards San Francisco 49ers, in case you dirty-minded lot were wondering ;) ].

I have two metal warriors (one OOP Slaaneshi Champion with whip, other OOP BB Chaos Warrior) and metal minotaur (bought from this very forum) but I still need beastmen to fill in the ranks. In the previous Slaaneshi 69ers I used old metal daemonettes in place of beastmen but since I don't have those anymore I need to find the replacements, sooner the better as I have one month before the tournament day.

Of course I could use the plastic daemonettes and be happy but what's the challenge in that (well painting them is one, of course :D) but since I would like to make them a bit more special I thought about mixing plastic daemonettes and ungors... have you seen such mixes before? Is it doable without too much hassle and greenstuff work or should I just stick to the out-of-the-box daemonettes?

Besides finishing the team I kind of promised to make one board as well and that is already underway. Next weekend is Easter so I have some extra time to build and maybe even paint then thus decisions need to be done hastily.

Any comments, ideas etc more than welcome.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 08:06:29 PM by pocoloco »

Offline area23

• Mastermind
    • area23
Re: Street bowl: Ungors + Daemonettes = Bad idea?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 08:24:04 PM »
Sounds great. Straight out of the box would work well enough painted in old style slaanesh pastels. A few starplayers with claw arms and tentacles and you're done.
If you don't believe in lead, you're already dead.
+++AREA23 BLOG+++

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Street bowl: Ungors + Daemonettes = Bad idea?
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 05:44:44 AM »
Well here are three of the four Beastmen that I will have in the starting line-up. Very dirty and easy builds, nothing fancy. The fourth one will maybe be one with daemonette face but for that I need to make a neck out of green stuff. They are not that Slaaneshi but hopefully colours will remedy that a bit.

And here they are with the Minotaur (I will name him/it as 'the Big Moo') and two Chaos Warriors:

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Re: Street bowl: Slaaneshi team (28.3. couple of pics)
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 06:11:15 AM »
Looks like we could be in for an interesting show. I never got into Blood Bowl or any other more or less related variant, but each time I see a thread like this I get closer to starting a stadium project.
They may be easy builds, but they work well.
Now paint them!  :D

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 06:38:03 AM »
Now paint them!  :D

Haha :D That I intend to start this weekend on Easter holiday... end product won't be anything special, I'm afraid.

You should definately start a Blood Bowl, it's an excellent game and teams are easy to make from plastic sets.

I have OOP Wood Elves waiting to be painted besides these Slaaneshi types. Should re-build my Dwarf team and two teams I would like to try out are the Skaven and Dark Elves. Too many ideas, too many projects, too little time...

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 08:43:15 AM »
Haha :D That I intend to start this weekend on Easter holiday... end product won't be anything special, I'm afraid.

You should definately start a Blood Bowl, it's an excellent game and teams are easy to make from plastic sets.

I have OOP Wood Elves waiting to be painted besides these Slaaneshi types. Should re-build my Dwarf team and two teams I would like to try out are the Skaven and Dark Elves. Too many ideas, too many projects, too little time...
I hear your pain...
I have four teams, which I'd bought as special rank fillers for their respective armies (Chaos Dwarfs, Empire, Dark Elves, Norse). Maybe I'll try to complete one lot....

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Street bowl: Slaaneshi team (Champions pic May 4th)
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 06:52:53 PM »
Today we had the small Streetbowl tournament which included besides my Chaos team, a Slann team, a Lizardmen team and Necromantic team.

I lost my first game against the Necromantic team 2-0 but managed to win two next games; 3-0 for me against the Slann team and 2-0 against the Lizardmen team.

Minotaur got most starplayers points, 15 in total (10 from 5 casualities caused and once chosen as MVP).

Too bad I didn't have to finish the bases in time, will have to do it later. But I think next tourney will see a new team from me.

Offline meatpuppet7

• Bookworm
Re: Street bowl: Slaaneshi team, Champions pic May 4th.
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 07:13:21 PM »
Love your team!  where is that Minotaur from?
In hoc signo vinces

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 07:20:34 PM »
Many thanks.

The minotaur is old GW metal minotaur, just perfect for Slaanesh team. I got it from LAF actually, all I had to do was to paint his hood in team colours and then put some Tamiya Clear Red on his knucles and also on whip/lash wounds on its back... those must have been caused by the Slaaneshi warrior with the chain whip... I have named her as Mistress Whip in my team :D

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 08:03:46 PM »
Great stuff, mate.
Nice painting on the 69'ers.
 :D :-* :D

I had quite a few Blood Bowl teams not too long ago, with six fully painted, with re-roll counters, turn counters etc.

I sold them all, bar one, within the last year.

You can guess what happened recently......?

Yep, I was asked if I wanted to take part in a League or tournament.

Good thing I kept one, eh?
 :D

The Will Maul Lions will come out of retirement soon....

EDIT: Three of those recently sold are here-
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=33929.0

« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 08:07:06 PM by Mason »

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 08:17:25 PM »
Nice stuff.  Tell me the beastman with the tongue is a catcher.  :D

The second thing to make me want to dust off my own half-built team this week.  The first was, ironically, GW finally sloughing off SG.

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2013, 02:38:12 PM »
Cheers chaps, feedback and your kind words are much appreciated.

Mason: I had seen your beautiful Halfling team in the sale thread, too bad that you "had to" let go of it and other teams as well. Same kind of situation happened to me, I sold my 1st ed Human and Skaven teams, as well as an OOP Wood Elf team (my all time favourites) and Ogre team, only to find the game again. Happily I have still extra OOP Wood Elves for a second team (need to paint them all though :/) and now the Slaaneshi 69ers for Streetbowl. Have couple of ideas for new teams though... I think the flame has rekindled after yesterdays tournament :) Hope to see your team on the pitch soon! Any pics of them btw?

Vermis: he did have diving tackle skill due to inducement, I think it was called Marbles? So instead of marbles he/it must have used the tongue? *yuck :D *

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2013, 07:42:39 PM »
And here's a start for the second Streetbowl team. I guess which team it is going to be is not that difficult to guess/spot/know...

Plan is to field only two of these as Rotters, other two will wait as possible extras that might enter the team through the effect of Nurgles Rot.

Still mold lines to flatten etc...

Next one is the big guy, luckily it will be an easy one.

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Blood Bowl
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2014, 06:09:31 PM »
So bit of threadnomancy but no harm done there, I hope.

The Nurgle team, which I have named Altdorf Rashskins (as there is Washington Redskins) is still in the making, even if I have managed to paint few of them, pics of them tomorrow maybe.

Anyhoo, I have started a third team, Orcs this time. No team name yet but first to show is four Black Orc blockers, cheap and dirty job from FB Black orcs.

Need to get a box of Orc warriors for linemen and blitzes next.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Re: Blood Bowl - third team in the making
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2014, 06:54:25 PM »
Some cool ideas on this thread mate, glad to see you back at it  8)

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/