Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:34:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Bretonnian foot knights  (Read 17262 times)

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Bretonnian foot knights
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 05:55:00 PM »
Nice pics all around. And I definetely like the idea of keeping things small. Painting and having to move thousands of models makes me feel rather uncomfortable. My attention span just isn't big enough I guess.
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline Painting Princess

• Scientist
    • My painting blog
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2013, 05:24:00 AM »
Thanks Doomhippie! I agree, it makes it easier to finish preparing the troops as well!
The Princess Diaries (painting blog): http://painting-princess.blogspot.com.au/
Battle of Frogonia blog: http://battle-of-frogonia.blogspot.com.au/
Z Scale Steam Ventures (model railway blog): http://steam-ventures.blogspot.com.au/

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2013, 08:55:15 AM »
Goodly looking knights you have there  8)

I have the unfortunate tendency to get all excited about "almost finishing my knights!!" and then being reminded that they also have shields ...

Gets me every time!  lol

• Scientist
    • My painting blog
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2013, 02:29:40 PM »
Thanks, Thantsants!

Here's a bit of an update:

I think the blue one, at least, needs a bit more touching up; will keep working on him, but in the meantime, there are more pics on the blog: http://painting-princess.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/a-knightly-trio.html

Offline Garanhir

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2013, 09:45:55 PM »
Loving the hand-painted shields.
A life without festivity is a long road without an inn.
-Democritus

Offline stone-cold-lead

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2013, 11:36:29 PM »
Coming along nicely. Middle one is my favourite. For the blue guy you could add a bit of depth to the gold crest with a brown ink wash.

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2013, 02:04:04 AM »
Love them! They all turned out really well, I really like the bases, the like the colours you chose and love the hand painted shields. I have to agree with Mr.Stone-cold though, a little brown shading on the helm will do wonders for the blue knight.

Keep 'em coming,
 Damien

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2013, 05:07:11 PM »
The Good Knights are coming along VERY NICELY! The shields in particular have a lot of potential. Keep up the FINE WORK!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

• Scientist
    • My painting blog
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2013, 02:27:11 AM »
Coming along nicely. Middle one is my favourite. For the blue guy you could add a bit of depth to the gold crest with a brown ink wash.

Thanks, I will definitely try that when I get back to this figure. I really appreciate the feedback :)

Loving the hand-painted shields.

Thanks, Garanhir!

The Good Knights are coming along VERY NICELY! The shields in particular have a lot of potential. Keep up the FINE WORK!

Thanks, DeafNala. It's been fun painting up the shields :)

Love them! They all turned out really well, I really like the bases, the like the colours you chose and love the hand painted shields. I have to agree with Mr.Stone-cold though, a little brown shading on the helm will do wonders for the blue knight.

Keep 'em coming,
 Damien

Thanks, Damien :) always appreciate your comments! On that note, I painted this one last night:

He's not based yet, but I'm quite happy with how his surcoat turned out. More pics are on my blog: http://painting-princess.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/knight-of-realm.html

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2013, 03:54:50 AM »
Lovely work there Princess :-* Looking forward to seeing them all ranked up with some scenery :)
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2013, 04:09:12 AM »
I love these old school knights! Fantastic paint job on this guy  :-* Now I hope this is not getting old but a small shading black wash would differentiate his helmet from his mail and give his armour more depth BUT it really depends on you and how you like your armour to look.

Either way, this is one of my favourite threads,
 Damien

• Scientist
    • My painting blog
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2013, 12:05:52 PM »
Lovely work there Princess :-* Looking forward to seeing them all ranked up with some scenery :)

Thanks, Guy :) hopefully it won't be too long! Hoping to play these guys against Christian's orcs soon, too, so that will definitely be a photo op for shots with terrain! ;)

I love these old school knights! Fantastic paint job on this guy  :-* Now I hope this is not getting old but a small shading black wash would differentiate his helmet from his mail and give his armour more depth BUT it really depends on you and how you like your armour to look.

Either way, this is one of my favourite threads,
 Damien

Thanks, Damien :) you're right, it could definitely use some shading. I originally had put some black wash on it and then I dropped the mini on my tiled floor when I was painting the scabbard :'( I became preoccupied with repainting his slightly flattened helmet and I forgot to do anything else! o_o

Looking at the pics, his head is looking a bit shiny :? Will definitely revisit this guy's armour along with the Blue Knight's eagle crest. I think he's just gotten his official name!

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2013, 03:32:58 PM »
I dropped the mini on my tiled floor when I was painting the scabbard :'( I became preoccupied with repainting his slightly flattened helmet and I forgot to do anything else! o_o

That is why I paint on carpet, until you drop paint on it ....  ::) you can never win; either way, loving the knights. Btw will you be painting a mounted knight?

Damien

• Scientist
    • My painting blog
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2013, 12:32:43 AM »
That is why I paint on carpet, until you drop paint on it ....  ::) you can never win; either way, loving the knights. Btw will you be painting a mounted knight?

Damien

No, you can't! :?

Hmm, I don't think I'll be doing a mounted Bretonnian for the third edition army, but I do have a little something interesting coming soon and he will be mounted ;)

Then again, if I find an old interesting mini that is mounted, I might paint him up as a character :) don't really want a unit of them, as I've got lots of cavalry for my 8th edition Bretonnians (my very first army, which I never finished  o_o)!

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2013, 01:10:48 AM »
but I do have a little something interesting coming soon and he will be mounted ;)

Waiting with baited breath  :D
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous