Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:34:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New Projects.. Feedback, advice  (Read 1402 times)

Offline RogueBeate

• Schoolboy
New Projects.. Feedback, advice
« on: March 30, 2013, 03:37:13 PM »
Its been a while since I've painted and I'm always bugging my mate for advice and he keeps telling me to post on here to see what everyone else says..

just painting up some elves, a prince and a horse for a game we are making together.. as you can see i get distracted making banners and not painting up the models themselves.
You know what?... I'm loving this blue...

Somewhere in one of these memories is the evidence!
Thats one big door!

End of line.

Offline Gun bunny

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
Re: New Projects.. Feedback, advice
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 03:46:14 PM »
umm... so what exactly is the question?

Offline smokezombie

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 05:19:31 PM »
Looks good so far. Some more lighting might let us see the paint jobs better ( my pictures are quite poor so I'm really not the best to offer advice on photos however).

I'm not really taken on using real cloth for the banners. Perhaps some thin metal sheet ( like from a coke can) as it could be bent into a flowing shape and your painted banners would be sharper. Still that's just my opinion tho I highly approve of making your own banners instead of using the ones they came with.

Now get cracking and paint those fellas  :D
"The sword sung on the barren heath,
The sickle in the fruitful field;
The sword he sung a song of death,
But could not make the sickle yield."
William Blake

Offline RogueBeate

• Schoolboy
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 08:16:53 PM »
haha i realise that was a very open question instead of a direct one.. just want to know what people think to be honest.. if it looks good or not, and why.

I like the metal approach to banners, i may have to give that a shot and see what happens. I will, need to get these done so i can crack on with new models Ive just purchased :)

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 11:30:33 PM »
You know, I think I like those cloth banners, they are painted really well and the frayed edges give a bit of realism to them. I think you need to paint up an entire mini and then we can give you some constructive critiques. Don't stop painting and keep posting your pics, with the advice you'll get here you'll be proud of your minis in no time.

Damien

Offline RogueBeate

• Schoolboy
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 10:53:46 PM »

My finished High Elf Prince, first Elf i've ever completed.. One down a Million (or so) to go..

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 11:04:37 PM »
He looks good! If you would like a little feedback: a little brown wash on the gold and a little black wash on the armour. It will give it a little more depth.

Very nice though,
 Damien

Offline RogueBeate

• Schoolboy
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 11:14:09 PM »
yeah cheers, that's the kind of thing i need to know.. i did put a wash on both of those, but i get the feeling i go a little light when using the stuff.

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
    • Strategic Elite: Skirmish Wargames for the Discerning Strategist
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 03:14:43 AM »
yeah cheers, that's the kind of thing i need to know.. i did put a wash on both of those, but i get the feeling i go a little light when using the stuff.

Stronger, sharper contrasts help create the illusion of depth.  And Iagree with everything Damien said.
Author of the Origins Award 2013 Nominated Brink of Battle: Skirmish Gaming through the Ages; Epic Heroes: Skirmish Gaming in the Realms of Fantasy; and Scrappers: Post-Apocalyptic Skirmish Wargames published by Osprey Games