Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:04:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [solved]evolutive minis ?  (Read 6037 times)

Offline Garanhir

• Scientist
Re: evolutive minis ?
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2013, 08:26:43 AM »
Ral Partha Europe sell the figures individually.
A life without festivity is a long road without an inn.
-Democritus

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2013, 10:15:51 AM »
Thank you Damien,

Yes, RP is selling them individually...a bit pricey for my own taste, but whatever, I think I'll complete only the figures I already have, because, YES, I found other pieces in my minis wreck  :-*

I think you should buy the Ral Partha miniatures and get on the old school bandwagon

Definitly ! The older I become, the more I like these figs. I remember when I bought them, I was 19years old...Now I'm 33 !  lol

I think all my heroes will be metalmagic and ral partha. For badguys, I'll use D&D minis for now.

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2013, 03:27:53 PM »
Show us all the miniatures you have found, even if they are unpainted (my real first love is RP).

EDIT: Don't forget that Mega Minis are closing soon, I am going to buy a big batch of minis from them next month.

Damien
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 03:53:12 PM by Damien »

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2013, 05:27:57 PM »
Here's the pics (the last one has a broken weapon...I didn't fixed it for now) :

I must have another elf somewhere, I searched everywhere and didn't find it for now...I'm pretty sure I put it somewhere with a couple of other minis...But no way to find it  lol

I'm not sure if I'll use them as grunts, NPC or "real" 3-stage characters...I really like the cleric 3stages I already have, and I'm thinking about buying some more "exotic" megaminis figures (amazon, bard, etc...) to complete my party.

These minis will be played in Warrior Heroes legends setup. 

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2013, 08:07:28 AM »
Hi,

I did my math I believe I'll do just 2 stage adventurers. Why ? Because it's a lot simplier to find 2 matching (and appealing for my own taste) figures of each kind, and it will be also a lot cheaper (of course since two 3-stage adventures cost three 2-stage adventurers price...).

Since I do all on my own (solitaire immersive/light rpg miniature game), reducing costs and painting times means more gaming...

I'll keep you informed.

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2013, 12:49:00 AM »
Man I really like these guys, we have a Gnome illusionist, a Halfling thief, a dwarf fighter (my favourite of the bunch), a Human ranger, I don't know the guy in the cloak (a human thief?) and a Human fighter (I love this guy) too bad about the axe.

2 stage is as good as 3, as long as you are happy who cares.

Keep posting, can't wait to see some paint on them,
 Damien

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2013, 10:06:17 AM »
The thief looks like significantly smaller than human sized other minis, I don't know what it is. I'll make a search.

For the axe, I have to make a new one in green stuff. I didn't found the broken one, or any spare part (or donator mini)  ???

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2013, 10:54:04 AM »
I have loved 3 stage character figures and ideas, been wishing for some more for a long time.  My favorite is Fenrylls dwarf adventure It really, really nice in all three stages.
Barbarella: What's that screaming? A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming...
http://bandit86.blogspot.com/

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2013, 06:49:24 PM »
I found a new candidate today ! I was sure I must had it somewhere  lol

I also found some D&D minis perfect for grunts (a cleric and a warrior carrying a lantern)...

I'll create a topic detailling painting soon... And I'll order the matching minis as soon as possible.

edit : by the way, my minis set (complete set after almost 15years!) is from that boxed set :

http://www.dndlead.com/ral-partha/ADD/10-509.jpg

I still don't know what is this small thief...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 07:58:26 PM by sundayhero »

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2013, 10:52:46 PM »
I finished my research concerning the thief :

http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=AD%26D_Box_Sets#10-509

So apparently in my set, all figures are from 3-stage characters, except the thief,  it's the only one figure from another range (called "the thieves"...clever name).

It maybe explains the scale diference. According to that pic :

http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Image:Rp-01-114.jpg

He is humanoid sized. Personaly I'd prefered the crouched one on the left...But anyway.He still a good candidate for an NPC (small) assassin.  :D

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2013, 12:51:09 AM »
You have the Dungeon boxed set! Lucky man, I always wanted it but it was too expensive, so I am trying to accumulate the minis individually now.

Cheers,
 Damien

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2013, 09:24:05 AM »
Today I'll fix the human fighter's axe  :D

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2013, 03:07:05 PM »
I also ordered a bunch of ral partha figures : a 3 stages female fighter (new old stock, 4 euros for the complete blister, what a bargain  :o ), 2nd incarnations for dwarf (experienced) and human fighters (beginner axeman, and experienced swordman), a experienced ranger, and a beginner female sorcerer.

So as I said, most of my heroes will be 2 stages (beginner and experienced). For now at least. When I'll have some money, I'll probably find the other ones.

To be noticed : some 3-stages minis seems hard to find in stores, since the individual doesn't exist (as far as I know) : gnome illusionnist, elf fighter, for example.

I'll keep you informed.

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2013, 06:28:53 AM »
I used to have all these 3 stage character minis. Unloaded them to eBay a few years back. It was for a good cause. I needed a new vehicle.
My fav's were always the 3rd stage Cleric w/BFM and Warrior w/BFA and sword and board on his back.
I always thought them to be a bit smaller for "GWish" sized scale and always wanted to do scratchbuilds to beef em up. Never had much luck finding replacement parts.

Grimm

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2013, 10:23:59 AM »
You're right, using these minis make other minis choice more difficult. You always have to worry about minis size.

But the good old trick is to change the base thickness to match the size. I used some wargames factory bases (about the same size than D&D minis bases) for my ral partha heroes, and, for example, used thin metal washer for a couple of D&D minis grunts I wanted to be able to use in my party.

I'll post some pics today. I'd probably better create a work in progress topic for my project, since I had all the answers I needed here.