Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:18:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: INEPTT After Action Report  (Read 1593 times)

Offline Shawnt63

• Scientist
  • If we don't end war, war will end us.
INEPTT After Action Report
« on: April 05, 2013, 04:33:58 AM »
In.E.P.T.T. Mission Log – 24 MARCH 2013 (UNCLASSIFIED VERSION)

Col Stan Grotmier, INEPTT Duty officer, INEPTT HQ Chicago Ill.

On 23 March at approximately 2200 hours INEPTT received calls that UFO's were landing near a small  town in the mid-western United States (Names are not used to protect the innocent). Local police made a number of informative calls giving numbers and size of UFO's until approximately 0130 at which point all communications with the town ceased.

Given that at least 3 UFO's had landed we activated 2 teams and sent them in.

MISSION – Search and Destroy Aliens and Alien craft.
Secondary Mission – Safeguard Civilian population (approx. 4800)

SITUATION – At least 3 Alien spacecraft have landed near the town of XXXX, strong indications of hostile acts and comms black outs in local area. Time is of the essence.

FRIENDLY FORCES: Blue and Red Teams (the teams have been named generic to render this document unclass. No actual names of team members will be used). Total number of operatives 11 (6 Blue, 5 Red).

COMMUNICATIONS: Eye in the Sky Satellite Comms links

ENEMY FORCES: Unknown

0430 – Red and Blue teams land by Helo insertion approximately three quarters of a mile from the first noted landing zones. No enemy activity, local farmhouse empty of residence (not a good sign).

0445 – Blue team scout encounters a new alien life form. Able to avoid reaction fire due to speed and stealth scout was overcome by life form. Massive retaliation fire from Blue team destroyed the alien – adrenaline was up now and these new Xray's (INEPPT term for all alien/paranormal encounters) were nasty!

0500 – Blue team discovers and performs a recce of an alien scout ship – capable of holding up to 4 crew, with one alien down that could mean up to 3 left. At approximately the same time the Red team (a veteran team) spots a second scout but have not closed to recce yet.

0510 – Red team closes ship and is engaged by yet another new Xray. This Xray unloads some fire power but although hit the enhanced armour of Red team sees them through. Retaliatory fire puts down the Xray with great prejudice. Recce of the craft reveals yet another small scout ship.

*Note  - this type of craft will now be logged as small scouts:
   1 to 4 Crew
   No external weapons pods

0530 Teams close on town, as Red crests a hill they are attacked by another Xray – similar to the first they encountered. Motion sensors picked up the Xray before it was able to engage Red team. Effective small and heavy arms fire put down yet another Xray and at the same time a third ship was discovered, this one about 3 times the size of the other two.
0540 In their haste to get to the third ships one of team Reds agents tripped a booby trap and was killed in the resulting explosion. Blue team was clearing a number of buildings and attempting to get into a flanking position on the third ship.

0600 Now manoeuvred into position both teams prepared to engage any Xrays in third vessel. Motion sensors picked up 2 life forms within the craft. A member of Red team threw a grenade in killing both. When the recce was done there were two VERY human like remains in the craft and it was evident that this craft was designed for between 4 and 10 crew.

*Note – this type of craft will now be logged as large scouts:
   4 – 10 Crew
   No external weapons pods

Activity became much more difficult to follow and I will capture it without time lines except to say the mission was over at 1130 hours.

Continued advance to town brought into view a large alien craft, it was as big as the police station, looked to have 2 full decks and in all likelihood could carry 20 to 50 crew. More Xrays encountered by both teams, with all being dispatched successfully. A number of agents were wounded but there were no more fatalities. After town was cleared (except for the police station) the teams were ready to assault the main ship. Recce determined that this should could carry 4 large constructs (mechanized aliens with a life form running it) or up to 24 crew or a combination of those groupings (2 constructs, and 12 etc). This ship showed 4 constructs (so four crew) with 2 constructs still not discovered!

*Note – this type of craft will now be logged as Colony Ship
   up to 4 constructs and 4 to 24 crew (1 crew for each construct as the operator)
   for each construct there is a loss of space for 5 crew per construct. Ship has multiple work shops
              to make nearly anything for the construction of an alien base.
   No external weapons pods

Total encounters to this point were as follows: 2 x Synthcats – lion type (new xray), 2 x Synthcats – tiger type (new xray),   8 x Infiltrators (new xray)

Red and Blue teams were both down 1 agent and 1 Blue agent had been badly wounded although combat first aid put him back in the game – he will need a rest if he makes it through.

Attack on the police station began and ended almost immediately. It was discovered that a large hole had been bored into the floor of the station. Drop was nearly 18 feet and the single tunnel so far that had been worked on ran back under the town itself. The teams set up thermite charges on the ship and blew it and this seemed to activate the constructs that were down below. The two constructs that were still onboard were destroyed during the blast. One of the constructs broke out of the police station and opened fire on red team, nearly killing one agent. Fire from both teams destroyed the construct but just barely and AT weapons were almost out – this was the only type of weapon left that could harm the remaining construct, so it was decided to detonate a number of surface charges to destroy the tunnel and construct still inside. This was successfully done, by 1130 HQ received word that Mission was accomplished. Only down side to the encounter was that there were no civilians found! What does that mean?
To join INEPTT Yahoo Group email me at - inep-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
or visit the site here - https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/INEP/info

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
Re: INEPTT After Action Report
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 01:12:02 PM »
I hope there's going to be a Classified report with pictures, otherwise

But I must admit it was great reading your battle report. What rules/figures are you using?

Offline Shawnt63

• Scientist
  • If we don't end war, war will end us.
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 06:43:00 PM »
LOL thanks Pred - understood loud and clear :)

Rules are ones that I wrote and am in the process of refining for publication. They are obviously skirmish level. I have some pics that I will post when I get them off the camera and sorry for not being more conscious of that in advance. Or I may post a second AAR with photos after this weekend.

Cheers
Shawn

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 12:13:26 AM »
No need to apologise, even without photos your report was good enough to make me want to see more ;)