Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:54:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689603
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 646
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: INEPTT After Action Report number 2  (Read 1854 times)

Offline Shawnt63

• Scientist
  • If we don't end war, war will end us.
INEPTT After Action Report number 2
« on: April 06, 2013, 03:26:20 PM »
Ok with pics this time. This is an opening scenario with a brand new INEPTT. Please forgive the lack of paint on buildings we are in the process of madly painting buildings and Tech Level IV Aliens to catch up with photos for the Rules etc. Hope you enjoy this AAR.

For context, INEPT Teams are made up of 4 to 8 agents (hand picked from a variety of backgrounds) to counter a mass influx of alien and paranormal events around the world. The game works on a D10 system and is run by a game master. I have had as many as four players at one time each with 5 to 8 agents and the game goes very well. If there were more agents I think a second game master may be necessary to keep the same flow.

In.E.P.T.T. Mission Log – -05 APRIL 2013

MISSION – Carry out reconnaissance of Appelton Oregon, determine if XRAYS are present and eliminate any if found.

Secondary Mission – Safeguard Civilian population (approx. 120)

SITUATION – INEPTT Intel has identified hostile activity in the vicinity of Appelton Oregon, a small town close to the Idaho border.

FRIENDLY FORCES: K2B Team led by Lt John A. MacDonald and consisting of 3 team members. Possible Sheriff.

COMMUNICATIONS: Eye in the Sky Satellite Comms links.

ENEMY FORCES: Expected to be light but truly UNKNOWN.

Outline:
K2B is to make a road move in to Appelton, air movement into the town is to be avoided due to XRAY craft activity in the area. Insertion will be by armoured HUMVEE with two members per vehicle.

Tasks.
1 – Recon the area to determine if XRAYS are on the ground and report back via Eye in the Sky.
2 – Attempt to gain ingress into the town itself and safe guard any friendlies in the area.
3 – Eliminate any/all XRAYS

LOG – LT John A. MacDonald K2B Team Leader

K2B consists of:
John A MacDonald – Team Leader (FN FAL Rifle, Sig Saur, grenades) – Vehicle 1
Mackenzie King – Assaulter (12 gauge shotgun, heavy pistol, 4 grenades) – Vehicle 1
Gabriel Dumont – Sniper (.50 Cal Sniper Rifle, Sig Saur) – Vehicle 2
Jean Cretien – Support (AT4 Antitank Weapon, MG4 SAW – Vehicle 2

0630 5 April – Team arrived outside the valley entrance to Appelton. All seems quiet – vehicle 2 dismounting and heading to high ground to provide cover if required. Vehicle 1 will ingress town when all clear signalled by support team.

0700 – Cretien and Dumont in position on high ground. Initial look reveals no contacts. With excellent veiw of Appleton we can detect no movement in the town. Intend waiting until 0715 then will roll in.

0710 CONTACT! Dumont has spotted an XRAY!

Engaging XRAY – Kill confirmed! Further scanning with optics scope reveals no further movement. Where are all the non-combatants? Sheriffs car is visible at the gas station but no sign of the Sheriff or of any damage to the town itself. Odd - will keep visual for another 5 minutes then roll in.

0715 Team 1 rolls into town after a five minute wait to confirm no further movement.

0720 MacDonald and Mackenzie dismount outside the book store. Immediately upon dismounting group of three XRAY's engage Team 1!

Dumont engages main XRAY body but is unsuccessful with first shot.

Firefight between team 1 and XRAYS. Mackenzie opens up with 12 gauge and gets good coverage from his shot but none of the hits are effective enough to stop the XRAYS. Further shots from MacDonald also miss. Bad first opening salvo from INEPTT. Return fire from XRAY's is concentrated on Mackenzie and he falls in a hail of laser pistol fire. Dumont gets off a second shot and kills an XRAY. MacDonald fires again with his FN FAL and drops another one. Last XRAY shoots at MacDonald but misses and Dumont makes another shot taking out the final XRAY!

0725 WHAT THE HELL IS THAT! Paniced radio message from Dumont an undetected Xray saucer located his position and is executing an attack!

XRAY Saucer fires a burst from its heavy laser and easily penetrating the body armour of Dumont and kills him instantly :(

Cretien brings his AT4 Anti-tank weapon to bear on the saucer and quickly puts it out of action!

0730 MacDonald searches buildings and finds the gun shop and book store are empty. On approaching the gas station an XRAY leader (actually an engineer but these are new INEPTT agents) tries to make a run for it!

Team Leader MacDonald aims and fires two shots into the head of the XRAY.

0735 Continued sweep of Appleton reveal all townsfolk were found in a drugged state in the gas station.

Mission accomplished after the loss of two agents, given the amount of opposition this new INEPT Team did exceptionally well!
To join INEPTT Yahoo Group email me at - inep-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
or visit the site here - https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/INEP/info

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
Re: INEPTT After Action Report number 2
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 04:46:47 PM »
Nice one  :D What minis did you use for the INEPTT agents? The aliens I can identify, but not the Humans :'(

Offline Shawnt63

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 05:18:42 PM »
This particular bunch are from Gripping Beast (FN armed guy in dark blue Urban Camo), Eureka (Sand camo and French Camo - these are their marine Force Recon and French Foreign Legion AT4) and finally Eureka Sniper from the German range.

I also use Hasslefree, Reaper, Defiance games, Wargames and a few others. I also just bought some Harwood Miniatures (Royal Canadian Mounted Police Officer, Mad scientist etc).

I have a total of approximately 100 agents in total, about 150 various aliens and 100 zombies, about a dozen vampires, half a dozen werewolves, a mummy, some giant ants and a flying bug I use as a praying mantis.

Offline Shawnt63

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 05:21:12 PM »
OH I forgot the shotgun armed guy (I switched minis in the game) he is from Offensive Miniatures Near Future Line - they have some awesome riot and swat police as well as a ton of riotiing civilians etc - great addition to any game using zombies etc

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 03:25:10 AM »
Wow, that's a lot of miniatures, specially on the XRays side.  :o Do you know that Tengu Models does some dead/zombie Greys? ;)

I'll need to keep my eyes open for further AARs. 

Offline Shawnt63

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 05:31:27 AM »
Very cool! I will have to keep that in mind - Zombie grays lol nice :D

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 08:11:11 AM »
Looking good!

So what's the relation to INEPT NMR ;)
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline Shawnt63

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 02:52:47 PM »
 :D LOL I had to look that up Dr, there is no relations - however you have given me some ideas :D