Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:24:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689308
  • Total Topics: 118272
  • Online Today: 605
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Poll

Would you like to buy a badge?

Yes
46 (58.2%)
No
5 (6.3%)
Dunno
3 (3.8%)
GW is the devil
25 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Voting closed: April 19, 2013, 12:25:11 AM

Author Topic: Salute 2013 LAF badges -Photo ID added!  (Read 17923 times)

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
Re: Salute 2013 LAF badges
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2013, 11:40:07 AM »
Ah, me mum goes there sometimes. ;)

(Just mucking around. ;)  IRL appreciative of all the organising and manufacturing you've got going on.  Wouldn't hack it meself.)

Yeh no worries, last year when I surfaced on the Sunday I just wanted them on the blog asap. I know of no way to do this as a batch...

I thought you were Isambard Kingdom Brunel's slightly sinister little brother! Not at all what I expected; the actual photo is though, with a touch of Charley Boorman if you don't mind me saying!

Thanks for the first bit at least...  ;). If you want a Charley Boorman lookalike my mate Wobbly Steve is much closer, even has a motorbike.

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: Salute 2013 LAF badges -Photo ID added!
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2013, 02:23:46 PM »
That's the funny thing, I couldn't even see you when I originally looked on my phone, just your arm! The topper attired gent didn't look like the sort of person who could have sculpted such wonderful luggage! The sort of person who stuffed roadkill with pasta, maybe?

I do like Charley Boorman. I've seen him live and he seems like a nice bloke. His agent called my wife  a couple of years ago about doing a talk and we rather cheekily invited him over for dinner. He got a new series though so buggered off to film that. I don't imagine he would actually have come over. They could have sent over Wobbly Steve instead and we might never have been any the wiser  lol

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2013, 03:49:27 PM »
Not going to be at Salute (it's a long swim for me), but I'd love to see the pics of the badge...

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2013, 07:02:10 PM »
Not going to be at Salute (it's a long swim for me), but I'd love to see the pics of the badge...

that shouldn't prove to be difficult. I'm guessing once pics of salute hit the web, you'll just have to look for men walking around with proud chest because they're wearing it  :D
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666

Offline WillieB

• Mastermind
  • Gotcha!
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2013, 12:19:44 AM »
Can I be honest? Just a little dissapointed that after a few hundred miles drive - and stating on this forum that I really wanted a badge- ( to wear it proudly as zizi so elonquently puts it) the only thing I got was a rather curt reply ' they're all sold out' by which time I was already looking at a turned back.

Perhaps next year we could order them in advance -I'd be most happy to pay some extra for the postage- or prepare a list with the manes of those that have already 'subscribed'.

Panic, Chaos and Disorder. My job here is done

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2013, 10:25:20 PM »
Can I be honest?

Honesty is of great value, so most welcome. Although in striving for honesty you have made it sound like you approached me when everyone who did got a badge. Fenris had these on their stall purely as a favour to make getting them easier and they were very busy for most of the day so they didn't anything wrong tbh.

It was difficult to get the right number in the right places at the right time, despite having made double the number that were requested here, and selling all all of them. I didn't meet half as many folk as I'd have liked to, but it was a joy to meet those who I did.

If anyone wants one pm me and we can sort something out, for mainland Europeans I shall be making a batch for LAF HQ as a donation to the server fund so you could wait for that - if not just pm me.

cheers,
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 07:49:15 AM by 6milPhil »

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2013, 11:35:50 PM »
Despite having ordered a badge my back prevented me making it too Salute but I'd still like to buy one at some point, Phil.  :)
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 32
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline WillieB

• Mastermind
  • Gotcha!
« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2013, 08:09:32 AM »
Honesty is of great value, so most welcome. Although in striving for honesty you have made it sound like you approached me when everyone who did got a badge.

No such thing implied Phil. In fact I applaud your effort to do so, and as I said I was only slightly dissapointed. Then again it was only about a hour or so into the show when I approached the Fenris shop, so those badges must have been very popular. Really couldn't get there any sooner as I had to help set up our game before I could wander of.
Moreover I'm almost certain I didn't approach your good self since the name on the back of the rather hurried staffmember said 'Liam' if I recall correctly and not 'Phil' :)
Not having a badge didn't ruin my Salute show in any way, but I did feel some pangs of regret every time I saw someone sporting one. It could have been someone I had corresponded with via this forum for years, and i would have been nice to meet them in person.

It was difficult to get the right number in the right places at the right time, despite having made double the number that were requested here, and selling all all of them. I didn't meet half as many folk as I'd have liked to, but it was a joy to meet those who I did.

I'm sure it was and you obviously made every possible effort. And I very much would have liked to meet you too, but we'll have to postpone that till next Salute I guess.

If anyone wants one pm me and we can sort something out, for mainland Europeans I shall be making a batch for LAF HQ as a donation to the server fund so you could wait for that - if not just pm me.

Being a patient Continental I'll just wait for those to become available. ;)

cheers,

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2013, 03:15:29 PM »
The thread title mentions a photo being added, but I don't see on here or at the beginning of the thread?  ???

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2013, 03:18:24 PM »
The thread title mentions a photo being added, but I don't see on here or at the beginning of the thread?  ???

On one of his posts on page 6 Phil added a link to a photo of himself so that we could recognise him at Salute.

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2013, 03:31:30 PM »
Quite right, it's an uncompressed photo so it's a link rather than an image, like this: http://6milphil.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/dsc02740.jpg which might be why you missed it.

Good to meet you Mason, I like your style - a definite hint of Yardbirds/Rolling Stones to you. What a hipster.  ;)

Offline Thargor

• Mastermind
« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2013, 03:38:49 PM »
I missed out on my badge too this year.... maybe next year I'll manage to get away from demoing and get to wander round before 2 pm  ::)

Offline gringo

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2013, 04:52:58 PM »
good to meet you in the Flesh Phil...your quite trim compared to me!!

actually i may model my next Mexican El hefe on you lol

i still have my badge on which is a worry :o :-*

best regards

Ged

www.gringo40s.com
www.gringo40s.blogspot.com

Offline gringo

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2013, 04:55:41 PM »
Mason

good to see you again to...just wondering what colour you will

paint those mayans you bought off me!!!!!!! o_o :o :o

regards

Ged

www.gringo40s.com
www.gringo40s.blogspot.com

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2013, 04:59:55 PM »
Good to meet you Mason, I like your style - a definite hint of Yardbirds/Rolling Stones to you. What a hipster.  ;)

lol lol lol
Good to meet you for a chinwag too, mate.
And your description of me is much better than the usual:
 "Oih, ya scruffy git, get yer 'air cut!"

So: Thank you.
 :)

Mason
good to see you again to...just wondering what colour you will
paint those mayans you bought off me!!!!!!! o_o :o :o
regards
Ged

Well they wont be anything like Captain Blood's.
No Bet Lynch in my cabinet!
 ;)