Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:17:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: More Kitten than Tiger :(  (Read 2561 times)

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
More Kitten than Tiger :(
« on: April 09, 2013, 09:00:36 PM »
Ok the recent Bolt Action game did nothing but disappoint me. The dice gods seen it fit to really go against me on Sunday. Not only were my casualties high due to being assaulted by a lesser squad and having to surrender that squad with more men because the lost 2 more casualties, i also had to deal with a bazooka taking out my Tiger. YES A BLOODY BAZOOKA!!!!

Now don''t get me wrong my Tiger was performing horribly with it hits doing nothing to destroy one of the two Shermans it was facing but seeing a bazooka take it out is just not on. The Survivors if any are certainly getting sent to the Eastern front after this.

It was still enjoyable to play the game and it's allowing us and the other guys at the club to start thinking up some house rules for the game as well. We will need to discuss these a little more but we had some good ideas.

More pictures here
http://thecamlachiewolfe.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/more-kitten-than-tiger.html

Offline Smillie

• Librarian
    • dirtypaintpots
Re: More Kitten than Tiger :(
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 10:12:18 PM »
Is that even possible, I didn't think the Bazooka could penetrate Tiger Armour? knock a tread off, knacker an engine but actually penetrate seems unlikely.

Otherwise looks like a fun game, from the observers point of view anyway lol
http://dirtypaintpots.blogspot.com  - The now defunct Blog

former user

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 10:50:05 PM »
sorry to hear that

better get used to it - in skirmish games tanks can not be played realistically, they would dominate the game.

Noone wants a setup like in the Market Garden segment of Band of Brothers where a Tiger knocks out 2 Shermans and a Churchill and sends company of paras running

Offline tomek917

• Mad Scientist
    • Anabasis
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 11:14:23 PM »
Is that even possible, I didn't think the Bazooka could penetrate Tiger Armour? knock a tread off, knacker an engine but actually penetrate seems unlikely.

I'm not sure either, as you say, it seems unlikely. But that's the beauty of wargaming, a "knocked out" result can be anything from the crew loosing nerve, a tread knocked off, an engine fire or the hollywood-holy-crap-explosion. The result is the same anyway, the tank won't work.  :D

Looks like a great game though and the Tiger is beautiful, hopefully it will do better next time! ;)

Offline Kane

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 07:19:05 AM »
... and the Tiger is beautiful,...

Yes. Beautifully burning indeed  >:D .
Daaaaaaaaaaaaah !

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 09:20:28 AM »

Do you mean as in real life or the BA rules? Reading the rules again last night i took as you could penetrate the armour is 10 for a tiger and the pen rate of a bazooka is a 5. He rolled sixes all the way to destroy the thing totally.

As has been said if you couldn't do this then the a tiger could just dominate a table. Then again my last game they did just that due to the range on them.

Online aircav

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • the aircav saga
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 12:58:11 PM »
Do you mean as in real life or the BA rules? Reading the rules again last night i took as you could penetrate the armour is 10 for a tiger and the pen rate of a bazooka is a 5. He rolled sixes all the way to destroy the thing totally.

As has been said if you couldn't do this then the a tiger could just dominate a table. Then again my last game they did just that due to the range on them.

Thats some good die rolling  :o

Lovely painting on that Tiger  :D

Offline King Tiger

• Scientist
  • the levels of derp are astounding.
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 02:03:21 PM »
sorry to hear that

better get used to it - in skirmish games tanks can not be played realistically, they would dominate the game.

Noone wants a setup like in the Market Garden segment of Band of Brothers where a Tiger knocks out 2 Shermans and a Churchill and sends company of paras running
And then does nothing for the remainder of the episode because it no longer has targets and wants to avoid getting killed, realistically if tanks were exactly as reality they would suck once all the enemy tanks are dead.

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 03:27:58 PM »
Thats some good die rolling  :o

Lovely painting on that Tiger  :D

My face was not a happy picture for the rest of the game. I never painted it sadly. Andrew Taylor did the fine job on my Tigers.

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2013, 06:22:26 PM »
It must have been newly painted, only option to die spectatularly if newly painted :D

former user

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 09:54:02 PM »
And then does nothing for the remainder of the episode because it no longer has targets and wants to avoid getting killed, realistically if tanks were exactly as reality they would suck once all the enemy tanks are dead.

realistically tanks would roll off the table and let the infantry assault the strongholds.....